Expired

Washing machine + dishwasher - only 1 waste pipe. Solutions?

Found 23rd Feb
Hello,

i am planning on putting the washing machine & dishwasher together in the utility room. Cold water feed is already there for both but there is only 1 waste pipe and I doubt I could squash them both in the top of the pipe.

I am after options on how i can get both plumbed into one waste pipe. Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
15 Comments
This any good?
A picture would make it easier to understand. But adding a second pipe or teeing into the existing should not be hard at all
Have you tried fitting them both in? because some drain hoses the heads of em can fit in. I have seen two hoses in one pipe many times so try it if not then you can get them spigots that cut into the waste pipes. Hope thats helps
33317403-JrpWK.jpg
virgil473 m ago

[Image]

+1 If you fit a tee piece do this as close to the ground as possible.
You can get self tapping waste connectors. These only need abs to sound 3 inches of waste pipe and take two minutes to fix and cost less than £10.
Original Poster
Perfect mrty, that will do the job nicely, thank you.

industryhater, that’s what I had in mind when I was explaining to the mrs how it would look.

Thanks for everyone’s suggestions. Sorry for the lack of pictures.
radium2 h, 27 m ago

I have the same setup and I used a twin discharge …I have the same setup and I used a twin discharge connector.https://www.plumbcenter.co.uk/product/mcalpine-v33wm-twin-discharge-standpipe-connector/[Image]

These are better, and use a pipe clip to fix the hoses on to keep them from popping off.
cmdr_elito9 h, 11 m ago

These are better, and use a pipe clip to fix the hoses on to keep them …These are better, and use a pipe clip to fix the hoses on to keep them from popping off.

I thought washing machine waste outlets needed to be open vented...
chocci8 m ago

I thought washing machine waste outlets needed to be open vented...

Typically these are fitted under a sink so the plug hole acts as the open vent. The bit where you fix the drain to is above the ubend water level.
cmdr_elito14 m ago

Typically these are fitted under a sink so the plug hole acts as the open …Typically these are fitted under a sink so the plug hole acts as the open vent. The bit where you fix the drain to is above the ubend water level.

Meant to add only thing you need to do is bend the hose up slightly just incase your pipes outside get blocked and water then is draining slowly. That prevents it going into the machine. If you had an open pipe though the water would be flowing into the kitchen utility in that same scenario as it’s lower down.

You can get a plastic hose clip that does this for a few pounds.
mrty13 h, 41 m ago

This[Image]

These have a little non return valve fitted inside mine got a bit clogged up and the dishwasher returned a fault code, i didnt realise and got the dishwasher exchanged under warranty, oops, its been fine since just dont wash the bbq grills in the dishwasher
Original Poster
33322661-2EWs7.jpgLike an episode of strike it lucky - top, middle or bottom?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions