Washing Machine Help

Found 22nd Apr
Hi all, we have a 7KG Bush washing machine that's not draining anymore...We took it apart and checked all hoses and all that jazz but nothing seemed wrong, no blockages or anything. So now we are trying to decide if we should just buy a new up to date, bigger machine...or get this one repaired? (Its 2 years old)

Any advice and recommendations would be greatly appreciated
Community Updates
Ask
12 Comments
Have you checked the filter? Something like a hair grip, button or penny caught in it will stop it draining.
Edited by: "shepademus" 22nd Apr
shepademus11 m ago

Have you checked the filter? Something like a hair grip, button or penny …Have you checked the filter? Something like a hair grip, button or penny caught in it will stop it draining.

Had a small sock in mine stuck in the inlet which once removed sorted it. It sounds like the pump is knackered/blocked or the hoses/pipes/inlets to it are. If you need parts try espares.co.uk they have parts for all makes and models of appliances, you can normally find easy to follow videos on repairs and save yourself a fortune (provided you feel reasonably competent and can move the machine around safely).

I’d always advise getting a decent branded washing machine, I’ve previously always bought cheap ones (hotpoint, indesit, creda) and the parts fail every few years which means you end up paying out constantly, the last machine (my current Bosch) I bought 6-7 years ago hasn’t ever had anything done apart from pulling the sock out of the inlet which I did myself as it wasn’t draining.
Can you hear the drain pump? If you tip the machine back you can usually just twist it off and check the impeller spins and there are no blockages in that area. Replacement pumps are normally cheap if it needs it.
Pump jammed with something. Normally get in and remove easy enough. Look up online. If pump is dead then fit new one yourself or pay fixed price to fix with machine warranty. That can work out a good deal with machine warranty. Need to think about options but fishing something out the pump may fix
Ahh thank you all, we did have a look in there, took it all off and there was nothing there. Will order a new pump and see if that helps before we spend a fortune on a new one.
MrsWhite1433 m ago

Ahh thank you all, we did have a look in there, took it all off and there …Ahh thank you all, we did have a look in there, took it all off and there was nothing there. Will order a new pump and see if that helps before we spend a fortune on a new one.

Well done for attempting a repair, so many people just replace than giving it ago.
bluetba4 m ago

Well done for attempting a repair, so many people just replace than giving …Well done for attempting a repair, so many people just replace than giving it ago.

I second that. Too many people don’t know what a screw driver is and pay silly money to do easy things, it’s a bit like “...you can’t service modern cars because they are computerised...” which is total rubbish, the computer helps to tell you what the fault is and can be read by cheap readers available on eBay and changing car parts is as easy as it was years ago except you usually have to unbolt covers and engine bays are a little more compact these days.
there should be a removable panel on the bottom of the machine. there is a filter in there that gets clogged up. try cleaning that if you not done already.
If no error code then its almost definitely a blockage. Any failure of ejects components usually brings up an error code.
mrty14 h, 48 m ago

If no error code then its almost definitely a blockage. Any failure of …If no error code then its almost definitely a blockage. Any failure of ejects components usually brings up an error code.

Error code E03 - something to do with water not draining in the right time
MrsWhite1432 m ago

Error code E03 - something to do with water not draining in the right time …Error code E03 - something to do with water not draining in the right time

OK. That's helpful. Check that your drain pipe is clear. Try draining into a bucket, this will check the outlet.
My Bosch washing machine broke 3 months after the 2 years warranty expired.
it sounded like a helicopter. The bearing had gone. Bought new ones and watched a youtube video in how to replace.

That was 6 years ago and is still going strong.

You will be able to do it yourself!
Edited by: "gcmarcal" 23rd Apr
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants