Washing Machine help please!

Found 9th Mar
Panic stations have officially kicked in here!
My washing machine is seriously not behaving and I NEED it!
When I start a cycle, it is starting to fill with water (into the pre-wash drawer and in), then stopping and draining out immediately.
I have had a Google and the only thing I can see is saying it might be siphoning if the outlet pipe is too low.
Nothing has changed in respect to pipes moving. I have checked the filter and apart from a bit of fluff and hair it seemed ok?
The water is being pumped out so I'm definitely not thinking it's a siphoning problem.
Really cant afford a new machine right now so hoping someone can help me fix it.
Fingers deeply crossed!
Community Updates
Ask
22 Comments
What make and model is it
Well the good news is you can buy parts for most machines on Espares.co.uk and other sites like that and fit them yourself if needed.

The problem is that you need to diagnose the faulty part.

Just also make sure you understand that siphoning can occur for several reasons:

That the drain hose is lower than the machine (fixing it up will help)

That there isn’t enough air gap and it’s causing it to drain (if you have it plumbed into the sink make sure the plug hole is clear) if you have it plumbed into an open drain then make sure that is clear.

Failing that it’s likely to be a faulty pump (which is not turning off drain) or control unit I suspect.
Original Poster
Toptrumpet29 m ago

What make and model is it

It's a Beko XL9 (WMB 91422 LW)

Starting to think it will need replacing ASAP as like cmdr says, it seems like a dodgy pump as it's continuously pumping even on the spin + drain cycle
I even made sure the drain was clear and used some unblocker just to be sure
Edited by: "chuckiedoll" 9th Mar
Original Poster
Problem is, I don't know if it definitely is?
Not sure if it really helps but here's a short video of the issue.

Washing Machine
You can get fixed price fix with a machine warranty which start at £100 or just buy another machine for £200 ish... Hardly worth messing about with although I always get the screwdriver out and try.
Original Poster
wayners7 m ago

You can get fixed price fix with a machine warranty which start at £100 or …You can get fixed price fix with a machine warranty which start at £100 or just buy another machine for £200 ish... Hardly worth messing about with although I always get the screwdriver out and try.

Unfortunately it's well out of warranty now.
Guessing it's dead and needs replacing.
It wont be your pump as such, the pump is working fine by the sound of it. It will probably be either the control PCB or a sensor. Your pump is pumping because its being told to do so. Could just be a bad connection somewhere.
chuckiedoll13 h, 4 m ago

Unfortunately it's well out of warranty now.Guessing it's dead and needs …Unfortunately it's well out of warranty now.Guessing it's dead and needs replacing.

I needed a dishwasher pump once as worked out it was bust. £140 fixed price repair and got another 6 months warranty if memory serves. Pump to buy online was £120. All depends on whats wrong and if its worth spending the money on machine. You can buy new white goods so cheap these days
Edited by: "wayners" 10th Mar
Sounds more like PCB problem or water level sensor issue, perhaps it thinks it's too full so empties it.
Long shot but try unplugging from the mains for a few minutes. Might reset the control board,
Also give it a technical tap* along the top/front, it may just be a stuck relay or dry joint on a pcb.

*A good thump.
Original Poster
Gonna get my other half to pull the machine out for me today. Hopefully a switch off/on & technical thump will get it going!
Thanks all for your replies.
Edited by: "chuckiedoll" 10th Mar
chuckiedoll33 m ago

Gonna get my other half to pull it out for me today.

Too much information.
Original Poster
123thisisme7 m ago

Too much information.

Edited. Better?
Force the machine to start in a different position on the cycle - i.e. at a rinse or at a spin. This sometimes resets the control board or a sensor and clears some sticky faulty logic.

Let the rinse/spin run to completion then start the machine again on a full cycle to see if it works!!
Original Poster
Van19733 m ago

Force the machine to start in a different position on the cycle - i.e. at …Force the machine to start in a different position on the cycle - i.e. at a rinse or at a spin. This sometimes resets the control board or a sensor and clears some sticky faulty logic.Let the rinse/spin run to completion then start the machine again on a full cycle to see if it works!!

Unfortunately already tried this. Tried the spin +drain cycle but the pump just runs still and it ends the cycle without actually turning the drum at all
Have a look at thees links...

test mode

Original Poster
123thisisme17 m ago

Have a look at thees links...test mode[Video]

Thanks. Will give this a try next.
Just did the switch off/on & thump test.
No joy.
You can normally get access to some of the sensors by removing the lid. Look for a clear plastic hose with something like this thespruce.com/rep…607 on the end. Try to remove the hose and blow down it to clear any water in the line.

If that does not sort it you could then have a go at testing the sensor as per the link but you will need a multimeter and understand what you're doing.

Only remove the lid with the power off/machine unplugged of course!!
Edited by: "Van1973" 10th Mar
With the power off remove the lid, usualy jus a couple of screws at the back. At the front you will see the control boards, take a photo on your phone of all the connectors.
Inspect the pcb's for obvious signs of burning or damage, sometimes faults can be quite obvious. Make sure all the edge connectors are firmly seated, again look for signs of burning. If there is nothing obvious and you feel confident, remove the edge connectors and pcb,s and inspect underneath. Poke and prod at the componets, look for dry joints. When you put it back together check against the photos you took that you have done it right.
Original Poster
Well, I tried the diagnostic test run.
Showed error code f13 then I started the test.
It skipped the spinning right/left totally and just started filling up. I went through to next test & it filled both sides of drawer, next started to pump the water out and WOULD NOT get out of this one!
I had to switch it off and still has the same fill/pump out problem so think it's definitely dead.
I'm not any more technically advanced to take it apart etc so guess I need to place an order for a replacement ASAP.

Anybody know any voucher codes/ good deals on a 9kg min 1400 spin machine?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants