Washing Machine onto a wooden floor any ideas to minimise vibrations?

Found 11th Mar
As above moving onto wooden floors
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
I personally bought some floorguard (the interlocking kind for home gyms) - works a treat.
-Just a rubber mat..
-clear plastic kind you used to get years ago in walk ways.
-Yoga mat
those are all cheap and cheerful.
the floorguard answer above is the best idea I reckon
Original Poster
Many Thanks wasn’t expecting any response , thanks! 2/3 kitchen wood 1/3 quarry concrete plan for kitchen done pre pulling up old vynl and hardboard nice to see the old layout but penny dropped when realised where it was going from and too! I’ll have a look many Thanks!
some carpet.
these sort of mats, which i think is what the first post refers to. my husband uses these where there are wooden floors or sound proofing is needed in flats.

We used some spare 6mm fibre board , the stuff you put under laminate flooring
Floors whether laminate or natural wood has a serious tendency to exacerbate low frequency vibrations and noise caused by white appliances. Usually the frequency created by washing machines are within the is 0.5 - 1hz, and between 20hz - 50hz range which is audible. The best way of avoiding vibrations is either reduce or stop the problem at the source. Unfortunately nearly all the new washing machines lack certain mechanical (insufficient spring system / coils) or physical (concrete blocks) components to help reduce vibrations and the spin cycle speed is ever increasing.

1. Make sure the appliance is not touching any back walls, nor cupboard side.

2. Reduce the spin cycle (RPM) from 1200 - 1400 to below 1000 if possible.

3. Purchase rubber legs to attach onto appliance. Also a porous composite rubber matting (Draper Mat) which is specifically designed to reduce vibrations.

4. Make sure the washing machine and driers are balanced. Normally the appliance metallic legs can be adjusted.

Unfortunately our neighbours have laminate flooring and /or walls. Have their washing machine inside a tight kitchen cupboard, next to our party wall and the other neighbour has their washing machine and drier in an outhouse / shed (no foundations) which is attached to our house. So from experience suffering from the affects of low frequency vibrations and understand the consequences and still suffering! (Don't mention the Environmental Health).....

If you need any more advice please do not hesitate to ask!
Edited by: "nemesiz" 12th Mar
Screw floor down with lots of screws first
Original Poster
nemesiz14 h, 37 m ago

Floors whether laminate or natural wood has a serious tendency to …Floors whether laminate or natural wood has a serious tendency to exacerbate low frequency vibrations and noise caused by white appliances. Usually the frequency created by washing machines are within the is 0.5 - 1hz, and between 20hz - 50hz range which is audible. The best way of avoiding vibrations is either reduce or stop the problem at the source. Unfortunately nearly all the new washing machines lack certain mechanical (insufficient spring system / coils) or physical (concrete blocks) components to help reduce vibrations and the spin cycle speed is ever increasing.1. Make sure the appliance is not touching any back walls, nor cupboard side.2. Reduce the spin cycle (RPM) from 1200 - 1400 to below 1000 if possible.3. Purchase rubber legs to attach onto appliance. Also a porous composite rubber matting (Draper Mat) which is specifically designed to reduce vibrations.4. Make sure the washing machine and driers are balanced. Normally the appliance metallic legs can be adjusted. Unfortunately our neighbours have laminate flooring and /or walls. Have their washing machine inside a tight kitchen cupboard, next to our party wall and the other neighbour has their washing machine and drier in an outhouse / shed (no foundations) which is attached to our house. So from experience suffering from the affects of low frequency vibrations and understand the consequences and still suffering! (Don't mention the Environmental Health).....If you need any more advice please do not hesitate to ask!.

Wow many thanks you know I never even thought about spins rpm it’s been on 1400 since had it an the rubber castor feet I’ve seen!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants