Expired

Washing machine right next to tumble dryer is that ok?

Found 13th Jun 2013
The tumble dryer decided to issue a lot of smoke today, so is now relegated to the garden!

I'm looking for a replacement but when I redid the utility room it was a squeeze to fit everything in and I made the space for the dryer based on the old one which was 59cm. The new ones all state the are 59.5cm so half a cm too much! Now I realise I may be lucky and it might go in but I'm expecting to have to take the bit of contiboard out from between the dryer and the washing machine.

My worry is them then knocking into each other a bit when they get going.

Can anyone advise here? Does anyone have their washing machine and dryer right up against each other?
Community Updates
4 Comments
I've got my dryer on top of my d washer, never had a problem!
Can see why they would have a problem next to each other, just don't overload them
I just know if the washing machine is on a fast spin it tends to wobble about a bit, I could just imagine them banging against each other! Maybe a few bits of self adhesive foam will sort it? Or some of the felt pads you stick under furniture to go on wooden floors?
They will stop it making any noise etc so try that. Also, try some cork strips that are used for expansion strips when laying wood floor. Anything soft and squigy should do it.
nbuuifx

I just know if the washing machine is on a fast spin it tends to wobble … I just know if the washing machine is on a fast spin it tends to wobble about a bit, I could just imagine them banging against each other! Maybe a few bits of self adhesive foam will sort it? Or some of the felt pads you stick under furniture to go on wooden floors?

I would use a few of those sponge scourers. If anything, it will lessen the wobble which is a good thing as it will keep the drum more stable.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants