Washing machine - why doesn't it fill up with water? Receive 4E error (NEW Samsung ecobubble)

Found 25th Oct 2015
I've been having so much trouble with setting up this new washing machine. For some odd reason the drum won't fill up with water. As instructed within the manual it asked for first time use to run 'Rinse&Spin' which takes 18 minutes, but when it hits the 15 minutes mark an error message pops up and keeps beeping 4E and the whole cycle stops. What can be causing this? I wouldn't expect this from a new washing machine. I've checked the hose and everything, and can't seem to figure out the issue. Is this common or easy fix?

Link to a thread I come across:
samsung.com/uk/…142

youtube.com/wat…Hm0
This video says: 4E, is an input error meaning it has trouble filling with water (exactly my issue), it said the first thing to check for is a blocked hose (mine is perfectly fine & replaced with a brand new one) and it also advised to check the inwards valves by opening the top and looking inside (? I have no clue what to look out for if I did).

Hoping to get the HUKD community's help with this. Otherwise will this be covered under my warranty? if not I will find a plumber. Thanks.
Community Updates
AskSamsungWashing Machine
28 Comments
Does it fill up any amount of water? did you turn the taps back on after connecting the hose?
could be a pressure problem maybe? not enough water a getting through?
Looking at the photo on your other thread the blue tap is almost closed and therefore restricting the water supply.

t3rm3y

Does it fill up any amount of water? did you turn the taps back on after … Does it fill up any amount of water? did you turn the taps back on after connecting the hose? could be a pressure problem maybe? not enough water a getting through?

I have turned all the taps back on... and I do notice it fills with water, but only a tiny bit (like it doesn't fill the drum but I do notice small amounts, not enough for it to be noticeable when spinning though - looks empty unless you look properly.

I was thinking maybe a pressure problem, how can I be sure of this? and what's the possible fix if this is the case?

OBH6UK

Looking at the photo on your other thread the blue tap is almost closed … Looking at the photo on your other thread the blue tap is almost closed and therefore restricting the water supply.

What do you mean it almost closed? I've tried turning the tap and it doesn't make much of a difference either way?
Edited by: "MRR_ltd" 25th Oct 2015
Blue part of the valve should be inline with the valve not at the angle as in the photo.
OBH6UK

Blue part of the valve should be inline with the valve not at the angle … Blue part of the valve should be inline with the valve not at the angle as in the photo.

Oh okay, yeah I have done that..
And?
OBH6UK

And?

Still didn't fix the issue as the tap is facing the correct way.
Not in the photo on your other thread
Subscribed.....
OBH6UK

Not in the photo on your other thread

http://i1341.photobucket.com/albums/o750/MRR_LTD/image-25-10-15-11-47_zps9nbhkzw7.jpeg
Take the washing machine away get a bucket and put the hose over the bucket and turn the tap on to see if the water is gushing out or dripping out.
Poppyj1

Take the washing machine away get a bucket and put the hose over the … Take the washing machine away get a bucket and put the hose over the bucket and turn the tap on to see if the water is gushing out or dripping out.

I have done that yesterday night. Took the whole pipe off to test the flow but it wasn't gushing as I thought it would.

But instead it seems like it’s coming out through a tiny hole, making it to drip when the hose is on.
MRR_ltd

I have done that yesterday night. Took the whole pipe off to test the … I have done that yesterday night. Took the whole pipe off to test the flow but it wasn't gushing as I thought it would. But instead it seems like it’s coming out through a tiny hole, making it to drip when the hose is on.

Okay go back to it and turn the little screw with a flat head screw driver it could be closed and not fully open. You can see the screw on your picture its attached to the copper pipe.
Poppyj1

Okay go back to it and turn the little screw with a flat head screw … Okay go back to it and turn the little screw with a flat head screw driver it could be closed and not fully open. You can see the screw on your picture its attached to the copper pipe.

http://i1341.photobucket.com/albums/o750/MRR_LTD/image-25-10-15-12-07_zpsl93i25m5.jpeg

http://i1341.photobucket.com/albums/o750/MRR_LTD/image-25-10-15-12-08_zpsywjidnic.jpeg

It seems fine to me?
Poppyj1

Okay go back to it and turn the little screw with a flat head screw … Okay go back to it and turn the little screw with a flat head screw driver it could be closed and not fully open. You can see the screw on your picture its attached to the copper pipe.

Do you think the blue cap is broken inside making it not fully open? maybe if I break that off and use a screw driver to turn it will open up more?
or is that a bad idea lol
Edited by: "MRR_ltd" 25th Oct 2015
MRR_ltd

Do you think the blue cap is broken inside making it not fully open? … Do you think the blue cap is broken inside making it not fully open? maybe it I break that off and use a screw driver to turn it will open up more? or is that a bad idea lol

Instead of that if you still have the whole of the hot water feed I'd just change them over. Take off the blue cold water feed and try the red hot water feed if that works then its a problem with the blue feed. So go back to the t junction pipe and replace from there. You are still using the cold water pipe. Hope that makes sense for you.
Is the stop cock tap fully open as well.
Poppyj1

Instead of that if you still have the whole of the hot water feed I'd … Instead of that if you still have the whole of the hot water feed I'd just change them over. Take off the blue cold water feed and try the red hot water feed if that works then its a problem with the blue feed. So go back to the t junction pipe and replace from there. You are still using the cold water pipe. Hope that makes sense for you.

You want me to test if the water flow on the red one is any better? and if it is then something is wrong with the blue one, right? What may be causing the blue one to be like this, is it something to do with pressure or something blocking it?
Poppyj1

Is the stop cock tap fully open as well.

What's that? lol
MRR_ltd

You want me to test if the water flow on the red one is any better? and … You want me to test if the water flow on the red one is any better? and if it is then something is wrong with the blue one, right? What may be causing the blue one to be like this, is it something to do with pressure or something blocking it?

Yeah so all your doing is changing the hose over on the cold feed back to the t junction. How was the water flow before you got a new machine
First turn the inline valve to the 'off' position. The water should now stop?
Remove the washing machine hose.
Look as the washing machine tap (where hose cam off), is the valve fully open? Move tap or use small screwdriver in valve opening to push valve open.
Put washing machine hose back on.
Turn inline valve back on holding hose over bucket. Is the water flowing fast? If yes replace washing machine tap. If no then replace inline valve.
MRR_ltd

What's that? lol

The tap that shuts off your water. It looks a bit like a garden tap you have on the wall outside but it's inside.
I am intrigued to know whether there was a working washer there before buying the new one and why it was necessary to buy a new one. Also whether the old one was both hot and cold fill or just cold fill. I would also be interested to know where this was bought from and how it was paid for.
GAVINLEWISHUKD

First turn the inline valve to the 'off' position. The water should now … First turn the inline valve to the 'off' position. The water should now stop?Remove the washing machine hose.Look as the washing machine tap (where hose cam off), is the valve fully open? Move tap or use small screwdriver in valve opening to push valve open. Put washing machine hose back on.Turn inline valve back on holding hose over bucket. Is the water flowing fast? If yes replace washing machine tap. If no then replace inline valve.

Poppyj1

The tap that shuts off your water. It looks a bit like a garden tap you … The tap that shuts off your water. It looks a bit like a garden tap you have on the wall outside but it's inside.

Thanks guys for your help, I managed to fix it now. I think the blue cap was faulty because I just removed it completely off now using a screw driver, and then proceeded to use a wrench to turn it, then tested the water again, to my surprise it started gushing out.

I just re-tested the washing machine now, and everything seems to be working smoothly, managed to complete a full wash without a problem.

Thanks again to everyone that contributed to helping!
tardytortoise

I am intrigued to know whether there was a working washer there before … I am intrigued to know whether there was a working washer there before buying the new one and why it was necessary to buy a new one. Also whether the old one was both hot and cold fill or just cold fill. I would also be interested to know where this was bought from and how it was paid for.

There was a working washer there before purchasing a new one, of course that one occurred a fault hence needing to replace it (I think the drum stopped spinning and it would've costed us a fortune so was advised to just buy a new one)

The old one was a Hotpoint and yes used both hot and cold (think we had it for 10 years)

The new ecobubble was bought off AO.com in a recent deal posted on HUKD...
MRR_ltd

Thanks guys for your help, I managed to fix it now. I think the blue cap … Thanks guys for your help, I managed to fix it now. I think the blue cap was faulty because I just removed it completely off now using a screw driver, and then proceeded to use a wrench to turn it, then tested the water again, to my surprise it started gushing out. I just re-tested the washing machine now, and everything seems to be working smoothly, managed to complete a full wash without a problem.Thanks again to everyone that contributed to helping!

Made up for you it's now working. It saves a call out charge for a plumber.
Poppyj1

Made up for you it's now working. It saves a call out charge for a … Made up for you it's now working. It saves a call out charge for a plumber.

Yeah I was dreading calling out a plumber, would've meant all this effort for nothing.
MRR_ltd

There was a working washer there before purchasing a new one, of course … There was a working washer there before purchasing a new one, of course that one occurred a fault hence needing to replace it (I think the drum stopped spinning and it would've costed us a fortune so was advised to just buy a new one) The old one was a Hotpoint and yes used both hot and cold (think we had it for 10 years) The new ecobubble was bought off AO.com in a recent deal posted on HUKD...

More than likely that cold fill wasn’t working with your old washer either! Nice to know you fixed it.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions