Groups

Washing new clothes

I hardly ever wash new clothes b4 i wear them, and then speaking to a friend the other day she told me she always washes new clothes b4 wearing them,just wondering wot everybody else does

34 Comments

Banned

Never.

nope.

na just put them straight on unless they smell of anything other than new clothes lol

Banned

i always wash new stuff

Not mine, but i always washed new baby clothes.

Original Poster

Thanks for the feedbk,ill carry on as i am then

Nope, unless very very creased.

i alway wash them, never knw who worn them b4 * they migh hv any contagious disease*

just to be on the safe side, i always wash them.

I always try to wash them first. My garment would be the one that the chav with eczyma tried on before me.

pmsl, contagious! arrgghhhhhhhhhh. If only Diana were here!

Always wash black stuff especially as the dye used can caused irritation and sometimes severe reactions akin to chemical burns.

always wash new clobber..unless its a "dry clean only" job

Most of the time, in case some "sweaty betty" has tried them on before I bought them.
    Always do with baby clothes

nope, i'm lazy

I dont, but do wash kids clothes first because they have more sensitive skin

Nope, never wash new clothes before wearing.

No no and no! One of the greatest pleasures is pulling on a brand new t-shirt and enjoying how soft and stretchy it is...or pulling on a new pair of socks and feeling like you're walking on fresh carpet everywhere you go.

Work shirts do need washing occasionally, cos sometimes you can't iron the new-shirt creases out of a shirt without washing it first. But then again, that's what going to work in a jumper is designed to hide!

nah. only hoodies that would get fluff all over my t-shirt underneath...

Nope - unless it has that horrible new smell that even overpowers your perfume

Banned

i generally leave them on a hanger in the bathroom to be steam treated:)

try to leave new jeans as long as possible before washing them, some advise never to be washed

Nope. I never have.

Never have done

wash new clothes?

more like never wash clothes at all!

dont bother washing them when new

casparwhite;8851941

i generally leave them on a hanger in the bathroom to be steam … i generally leave them on a hanger in the bathroom to be steam treated:)try to leave new jeans as long as possible before washing them, some advise never to be washed

Until you end up with blue ball from combination of brand new dark jeans and a hot day (and going commando)

nope.

I do normally incase someone with no knickers tried them on first.

my mum does.. however I never have. But I suppose when you think about all the people who have probably tried them on etc... But still, waste of time....unless I got them cheaper because they looked grubby..nahhh! :-p

Banned

harlzter;8852616

Until you end up with blue ball from combination of brand new dark jeans … Until you end up with blue ball from combination of brand new dark jeans and a hot day (and going commando)

:lol:

http://loscuatroojos.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/blue-balls.jpg

kelly_o_fanatic;8851438

I dont, but do wash kids clothes first because they have more sensitive … I dont, but do wash kids clothes first because they have more sensitive skin

Sorry but this is not true. Babies and kids skin is very protective. Yes lots of babies and kids can get a variety of skin complaints, just like adults. (eczema, psoriasis etc which by the way are NOT contagious).

But there is a huge marketing campaign to make parents believe that extra special products are required for babies and kids clothes. Allergy to soap products is very rare. Eczema will occur in kids because it is very common, whether you use special products or not. It is all hype and heaps guilt on parents.

My babies and kids clothes were all washed with standard biological powders. One also had eczema which eventually disappeared at the age of 16 fortunately (so far).

I feel clothes are washed far too often. The majority of my families outer clothes are rinsed using only fabric conditioner because they are not dirty. Most clothes are worn for a matter of hours and just need freshening up, also means I don't fall for the special advertising for special products to stop clothes fading in wash...Ariel comes to mind.

Same occurs for make up (hypoallergenic), Clinique with the white coats, pure marketing hype but we all buy into it.....

iglimpse;8853533

Sorry but this is not true. Babies and kids skin is very protective. Yes … Sorry but this is not true. Babies and kids skin is very protective. Yes lots of babies and kids can get a variety of skin complaints, just like adults. (eczema, psoriasis etc which by the way are NOT contagious). But there is a huge marketing campaign to make parents believe that extra special products are required for babies and kids clothes. Allergy to soap products is very rare. Eczema will occur in kids because it is very common, whether you use special products or not. It is all hype and heaps guilt on parents. My babies and kids clothes were all washed with standard biological powders. One also had eczema which eventually disappeared at the age of 16 fortunately (so far). I feel clothes are washed far too often. The majority of my families outer clothes are rinsed using only fabric conditioner because they are not dirty. Most clothes are worn for a matter of hours and just need freshening up, also means I don't fall for the special advertising for special products to stop clothes fading in wash...Ariel comes to mind. Same occurs for make up (hypoallergenic), Clinique with the white coats, pure marketing hype but we all buy into it.....

I work in childrenswear and only wash babywear because i know how they are treated before they hit the shops. Most are made in China and Pakistan etc in tiny factories in not so perfect conditions., then shipped to a repro place in the Uk, so slung on dirty work benches and floors to be labelled and bagged, then housed in warehouses till ready to go into the shops. When we recieve samples back for QA we all get bites from whatever has harboured in the fabric.

queenlush;8853856

I work in childrenswear and only wash babywear because i know how they … I work in childrenswear and only wash babywear because i know how they are treated before they hit the shops. Most are made in China and Pakistan etc in tiny factories in not so perfect conditions., then shipped to a repro place in the Uk, so slung on dirty work benches and floors to be labelled and bagged, then housed in warehouses till ready to go into the shops. When we recieve samples back for QA we all get bites from whatever has harboured in the fabric.

Good point. Don't tell me anymore.

Would still only rinse them though..........

I always wash new clothes, its often impossible the get the creases out if you dont. As others have said though you dont know where theyve been before u put them on. The only thing I dont wash is socks

Banned

diabeticguy;8851034

I always try to wash them first. My garment would be the one that the … I always try to wash them first. My garment would be the one that the chav with eczyma tried on before me.

you mean to say you wear the same type of clothes as chavs:p
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4261951
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764660
      3. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523472
      4. Anyone like the new App/ Update ?2127

See more discussions