Washing powder and fabric conditioner that doesn't cause eczema.

Found 8th Apr
Can anyone recommend a washing powder and fabric conditioner that doesn't cause eczema? We have tried fairy non bio, but this doesn't wash very well.

I've read that Tesco value washing powder is good. Has anyone tried this?
Community Updates
14 Comments
I have the same issue with bio washing detergents. Have been using Tesco Non Bio pods and Formil Non-bio for several years with no skin issues. TBH I don't think there is a lot of difference between the cleaning properties of the non-bios.
Doubt if there’s a one size fits all washing powder/liquid in terms of eczema
Best to try and treat the origin of the eczema (skin allergy tests etc)
Yes, some biological detergents are said by some people to be irritating. But there is actually little proof that commonly used detergents that are used in the normal way make atopic eczema worse.

Some children and adults may also be allergic or sensitive to the ingredients found in natural or conventional detergents though just as there is no one moisturizer or cleanser that is right for everybody with eczema, there is no single laundry regimen that works for everybody. You may also have to be willing to experiment and keep track of what you do and what works, so when you find a regimen that works for you, replicate it.
LemonHead29 m ago

Yes, some biological detergents are said by some people to be irritating. …Yes, some biological detergents are said by some people to be irritating. But there is actually little proof that commonly used detergents that are used in the normal way make atopic eczema worse.Some children and adults may also be allergic or sensitive to the ingredients found in natural or conventional detergents though just as there is no one moisturizer or cleanser that is right for everybody with eczema, there is no single laundry regimen that works for everybody. You may also have to be willing to experiment and keep track of what you do and what works, so when you find a regimen that works for you, replicate it.

Could not have said this better
Wind seems to cause my skin to flare up.. Nightmare.. As for soap to avoid.. No idea nor am I'm bothered about it.. Nothing seems to help other than omega 3 and moisturiser
wayners9 m ago

Wind seems to cause my skin to flare up.. Nightmare.. As for soap to …Wind seems to cause my skin to flare up.. Nightmare.. As for soap to avoid.. No idea nor am I'm bothered about it.. Nothing seems to help other than omega 3 and moisturiser

Hey, was just reading about the weather on WebMD just this minute.

webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/eczema/eczema-weather-tips
Edited by: "LemonHead" 8th Apr
Caroline_19932 h, 23 m ago

Boots own brand …Boots own brand http://www.boots.com/boots-sensitive-skin-concentrated-automatic-washing-powder-1-45kg-10094555

Would also say boots as recommended by hospital for nephew.
Surcare was previously recommended but the ingredients (SLS) changed & told to avoid.
Persil non bio or like someone mentioned above Tesco non bio is also very good
Tru.Faith7 h, 12 m ago

Would also say boots as recommended by hospital for nephew. Surcare was …Would also say boots as recommended by hospital for nephew. Surcare was previously recommended but the ingredients (SLS) changed & told to avoid.

That's interesting. Daughter has Eczema ,we have used Surcare for ages yet recently noticed a flare up. Do you know when they changed please?
Maybe try soapnuts. Get a small bag from ebay. They do work, I found it best to soak them a little while before use.
I have been using Asda non bio and it lightens clothes, Where as with fairy non bio none of my clothes has ever faded.
We use Ecover Non Bio Liquid and fabric conditioner, mainly because some but not all of their products you can get refills in health food shops which saves on plastics. They also do an Ecover Zero range for sensitive skins.
postmang18 h, 28 m ago

That's interesting. Daughter has Eczema ,we have used Surcare for ages …That's interesting. Daughter has Eczema ,we have used Surcare for ages yet recently noticed a flare up. Do you know when they changed please?

Seems like it has changed in the last few months, Was just last month sister was advised to change due to nasty flare up.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants