Found 11th Nov 2009
In my opinion a good thing

It serves no purpose keeping him alive,the money it would cost has far better uses,apparently a lot of his victims families were present at his execution

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
57 Comments

how they kill him. cba reading.

Original Poster

lethal injection

magicbeans;6854645

how they kill him. cba reading.

lethal injection...... should have shot him imo (taste of his on medicine and all that)

midlandscomics;6854665

lethal injection...... should have shot him imo (taste of his on medicine … lethal injection...... should have shot him imo (taste of his on medicine and all that)

snipered him. weirdo!! nah i agree whats point paying loads to keep him alive and fed and sheltered!

Two wrongs dont make a right.

In my opinion the death penalty is often an easy way out for the criminal and reflects poorly on a state. Depriving someone of their freedom for the rest of their life would be more of a punishment.

Also in reality for the US taxpayer the yearly cost is literally going to be measured in cents if that.

"It costs $55.09 on average per day or $20,108 per year to keep an inmate in prison "

Florida State Pen

magicbeans;6854683

snipered him. weirdo!! nah i agree whats point paying loads to keep him … snipered him. weirdo!! nah i agree whats point paying loads to keep him alive and fed and sheltered!

Should have the death penalty over here, too many softy do gooders though for that to happen :x

Florida Population = 18,328,340
Working Population = likely to be what 1/3 (anyone feel free to say otherwise I have no idea) so 6mil give or take
Cost to taxpayer per year for keeping him alive = $0.003

Please correct if wrong Im rubbish at maths

Humphman;6855514

Should have the death penalty over here, too many softy do gooders though … Should have the death penalty over here, too many softy do gooders though for that to happen :x

Because it has proved so effective in states where it is authorised?

Or was so successful in preventing crime when lawful here?

Banned

Humphman;6855514

Should have the death penalty over here, too many softy do gooders though … Should have the death penalty over here, too many softy do gooders though for that to happen :x

Yeah - It's political correctness gone mad innit:x

America is so messed up! (I'm referring to the crimes happening, and not the death penalty)

Praga Khan

cbryanp;6855546

Because it has proved so effective in states where it is authorised?Or … Because it has proved so effective in states where it is authorised?Or was so successful in preventing crime when lawful here?

Because I believe it is a good deterrent - it is just my opinion not anything to with stats or whatever.

Banned

boothy;6854638

link to news for the … link to news for the interestedhttp://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8352735.stm

Strangely, on WiKi, it was already stated on there he had been executed hours before it even happened! They were obviously glad to have him dispatched.

I'm not for the death penalty, but in clear cut and particularly nasty cases like this, I'm happy to relax my viewpoint.

hdizzle;6855585

America is so messed up! (I'm referring to the crimes happening, and not … America is so messed up! (I'm referring to the crimes happening, and not the death penalty)

which shows that the death penalty is not really a deterrent

guv;6856536

I'm not for the death penalty, but in clear cut and particularly nasty … I'm not for the death penalty, but in clear cut and particularly nasty cases like this, I'm happy to relax my viewpoint.

something is wrong, for once I am agreeing with guv!

Banned

hassony;6856580

something is wrong, for once I am agreeing with guv!

Your standing within the forum has just increased!:w00t:

Humphman;6856469

Because I believe it is a good deterrent - it is just my opinion not … Because I believe it is a good deterrent - it is just my opinion not anything to with stats or whatever.

Unfortunately the stats would reveal its not a good deterrent, but i respect your opinion ;-)

Banned

Humphman;6856469

Because I believe it is a good deterrent - it is just my opinion not … Because I believe it is a good deterrent - it is just my opinion not anything to with stats or whatever.

So what is your belief/opinion based on then?:?

Bring back the death penalty - Everyone moans about Overcrouded prisions and the cost its doing the economy...

Kille the murders... Torture and Kill the peado's...... Kill the rapists...... Such crimes cannot be forgiven. Providing there is good evidence then kill them, dont let them live wasting away in a prison on the taxpayers money when in the world there is a lot better things that money can be spent on such as World Aid, the NHS, charity and controversially War Campaigns.

FilthAndFurry;6856940

So what is your belief/opinion based on then?:?

Purely on me belief it rids the world of evil scum who do not deserve a place in society and are a threat to humanity and decency :thumbsup:

Bigpoppaad;6856980

Bring back the death penalty - Everyone moans about Overcrouded prisions … Bring back the death penalty - Everyone moans about Overcrouded prisions and the cost its doing the economy...Kille the murders... Torture and Kill the peado's...... Kill the rapists...... Such crimes cannot be forgiven. Providing there is good evidence then kill them, dont let them live wasting away in a prison on the taxpayers money when in the world there is a lot better things that money can be spent on such as World Aid, the NHS, charity and controversially War Campaigns.

Let me know if you run for Prime Minister as you got my vote :thumbsup:

[COLOR="Red"]BRB...........spitting at the camera like Tupac.[/COLOR]

Humphman;6857505

Let me know if you run for Prime Minister as you got my vote :thumbsup:

Him and GB already have something in common, neither can spell.

In today's society are criminals deterred by any punishment?

No one is scared of being caught these days. Even the death penalty doesn't put some people off.

Banned

Humphman;6857499

Purely on me belief it rids the world of evil scum who do not deserve a … Purely on me belief it rids the world of evil scum who do not deserve a place in society and are a threat to humanity and decency :thumbsup:

You don't think that life imprisonment is a harsher sentence?

my main issue with the death penalty is that in most cases you can never be 100% certain that you have the right person

greg_68;6857664

In today's society are criminals deterred by any punishment?No one is … In today's society are criminals deterred by any punishment?No one is scared of being caught these days. Even the death penalty doesn't put some people off.

how about a night in front of ITV4?

FilthAndFurry;6857675

You don't think that life imprisonment is a harsher sentence?

Nope -

FatRocker;6855455

"It costs $55.09 on average per day or $20,108 per year to keep an inmate … "It costs $55.09 on average per day or $20,108 per year to keep an inmate in prison "Florida State Pen

However the costs to execute someone can run into ]hundreds of thousands, if not millions of dollars through lawyer costs, multiple appeals etc. :thinking:

chester123;6857635

Him and GB already have something in common, neither can spell.

lmao

Banned

Humphman;6857880

Nope - costs to much

Is that based on facts?

FilthAndFurry;6857946

Is that based on facts?

No and the above link proves my thoughts are wrong on cost, but I still strongly believe they should be executed, my train of thought is that if it was a member of my family killed I would want this form of justice - like I previously said it is just my opinion but one I feel strongly about.

Banned

Humphman;6858017

No and the above link proves my thoughts are wrong on cost, but I still … No and the above link proves my thoughts are wrong on cost, but I still strongly believe they should be executed, my train of thought is that if it was a member of my family killed I would want this form of justice - like I previously said it is just my opinion but one I feel strongly about.

And what if they were found to be innocent a few years later?

hassony;6857678

my main issue with the death penalty is that in most cases you can never … my main issue with the death penalty is that in most cases you can never be 100% certain that you have the right person

+1

Look at the case of ]Timothy Evans from the 1940s/50s when we did have the death penalty in place (or watch the film ]10 Rillington Place if you're too lazy to do a bit of reading). He was wrongly convicted of the murder of his daughter and subsequently hung for it. If only the death penalty was abolished sooner, he would have been freed from prison.

The argument that "these criminals" cost the taxpayer £x million a year is pretty invalid when you determine the cost per person per year. It's got to be a matter of pounds or pence when you work it out.. IMO, you've got to be pretty heartless to want a man to die rather than paying a few pence/pounds for him to be imprisoned.. no matter what they have done.
And not all "murderers" are lunatics like John Allen Muhammad. Would you sentence a man to death for accidentally killing pedestrians after losing control of his car? Would you sentence a man to death for killing a man whilst using "reasonable force" to defend himself?

The "bring back the death penalty" mantra is just a knee-jerk reaction to hearing the news of an awful event like a murder/rape/etc. Yes, they are awful and disgusting crimes but there's no way I could support those trying to justify that that man/woman should die for what they have done. In my eyes, that person losing their freedom and living a reduced and lowly life in prison is enough of a punishment.

And with regards to miscarriages of justice, you can't undo an execution whereas you can free someone from prison if they're later found to be innocent.

Over and out. Got to do some work now :w00t:
p.s. been slowly typing this out for about 15mins so sorry if some points have already been covered..

Banned

oldmanhouse;6858136

+1 Look at the case of ]Timothy Evans from the 1940s/50s when we did have … +1 Look at the case of ]Timothy Evans from the 1940s/50s when we did have the death penalty in place (or watch the film ]10 Rillington Place if you're too lazy to do a bit of reading). He was wrongly convicted of the murder of his daughter and subsequently hung for it. If only the death penalty was abolished sooner, he would have been freed from prison.The argument that "these criminals" cost the taxpayer £x million a year is pretty invalid when you determine the cost per person per year. It's got to be a matter of pounds or pence when you work it out.. IMO, you've got to be pretty heartless to want a man to die rather than paying a few pence/pounds for him to be imprisoned.. no matter what they have done.And not all "murderers" are lunatics like John Allen Muhammad. Would you sentence a man to death for accidentally killing pedestrians after losing control of his car? Would you sentence a man to death for killing a man whilst using "reasonable force" to defend himself?The "bring back the death penalty" mantra is just a knee-jerk reaction to hearing the news of an awful event like a murder/rape/etc. Yes, they are awful and disgusting crimes but there's no way I could support those trying to justify that that man/woman should die for what they have done. In my eyes, that person losing their freedom and living a reduced and lowly life in prison is enough of a punishment.And with regards to miscarriages of justice, you can't undo an execution whereas you can free someone from prison if they're later found to be innocent.Over and out. Got to do some work now :w00t:p.s. been slowly typing this out for about 15mins so sorry if some points have already been covered..

Well put:thumbsup:

FilthAndFurry;6858135

And what if they were found to be innocent a few years later?

Ah the 'what if' question, surprised it took this long, that's what the law is for, it's down to them to get it right not me.......

Banned

Humphman;6858277

Ah the 'what if' question, surprised it took this long, that's what the … Ah the 'what if' question, surprised it took this long, that's what the law is for, it's down to them to get it right not me.......

That's not really answering it though. It's bad enough that people can be locked up for years and then released.

It's hard to undo an execution, so until we either have the means to resurect someone, or a 100% infallible system, execution is just not practical.

Right?

Banned

Humphman;6858277

Ah the 'what if' question, surprised it took this long, that's what the … Ah the 'what if' question, surprised it took this long, that's what the law is for, it's down to them to get it right not me.......

but they dont always get it right, nothing is 100% guaranteed, well apart from your going to die sometime
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Mobile WiFi calling?12
    2. Can you improve my PC build?44
    3. Tomtop Xiaomi Mi A1 deal removed432
    4. Driving anxiety.2226

See more discussions