Wasp nest campaign... Who's with me?

24 replies
Found 2nd Aug 2009
We've got a wasp's nest in our back garden and after getting stung by the lil' mofos on Friday I though it was time to exact my revenge.
The nest is deep into some shrubery type stuff so it's going to be fun.

Kitted out like some sort of terrorist / Mr Bean cross.
Going in armed with a Weedburner and a bat.... Wish me luck!

1. Misc
  2. Wasp
  3. Nest
24 Comments

Original Poster

http://www.webtvhub.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/fonejacker.jpg

http://www.machinemart.co.uk/images/library/product/large/03/030710520.jpg

http://i.ehow.com/images/GlobalPhoto/Articles/4564636/43501-main_Full.jpg

Im sure it was the arsenic and wasps nests in all the good Agatha Christie stories lol

haha, good luck m8

got stung by a wasp on friday myself - little beggars!! first sting for 12 years - grrrr!!!

Banned

go get em

Sloth/Mod

I found a wasp nest in our garden today.............will get rid tomorrow.

Don't know where they are all coming from this year.

i found a nest in the bottom of my garden i have a 3year old girl so wont let her play our, rang the council exterminater ppl, had them out n they said they,re not allowed to remove them, they need to be left!!! my dads coming round 2moro to fumigate!

Banned

Use wasp nest distroyer its like a foam that expands and sets containing all the.wasps.
Its in a spay can with a tube you dont need to kit up, in, one big spray and out
:thumbsup::w00t::santa:

if your gonna do it wait a couple of hours when the wasps arnt active less chance of you being stung again

I got rid of one from a mate's garden when I was 15. After trying a few things that didn't work, we ended up setting the nest on fire by dousing it in lighter fluid and hurling a match. then we stood back with tennis racquets and swatted the little beggers trying to flee the flames.

happy days

Banned

20 mins later..... I guess the wasps won?

Sloth/Mod

horsepills;5915612

I got rid of one from a mate's garden when I was 15. After trying a few … I got rid of one from a mate's garden when I was 15. After trying a few things that didn't work, we ended up setting the nest on fire by dousing it in lighter fluid and hurling a match. then we stood back with tennis racquets and swatted the little beggers trying to flee the flames.happy days

Please note - Do not do this if the nest is in your shed. :-D lol

lol, funny....

horsepills;5915612

I got rid of one from a mate's garden when I was 15. After trying a few … I got rid of one from a mate's garden when I was 15. After trying a few things that didn't work, we ended up setting the nest on fire by dousing it in lighter fluid and hurling a match. then we stood back with tennis racquets and swatted the little beggers trying to flee the flames.happy days

lol

I got stung last week in the holiday cottage I was in. The owner used petrol and a spray afterwards. Little $%^$£%

mudds;5916132

I got stung last week in the holiday cottage I was in. The owner used … I got stung last week in the holiday cottage I was in. The owner used petrol and a spray afterwards. Little $%^$£%

wow did it improve the sting? ;-)

Original Poster

Wasps 2 - Me 10 :thumbsup:

Doing the wasps was the easy part - hacking back the pampass grass was the nightmare and time consumer... neighbours think I'm a psycho, saw me attacking with an axe dressed like a freak lol

Original Poster

http://z.about.com/d/geology/1/0/K/6/1/morepampgrass.jpg

feel my pain.

We had council pest control out yesterday to get rid of a wasps nest, neighbours had them out last week (we had already noticed them before then though, so not come from there!) and people opposite had them out nearly 2 weeks ago! Wasps everywhere at the moment!

leahjasmin06;5915582

i found a nest in the bottom of my garden i have a 3year old girl so wont … i found a nest in the bottom of my garden i have a 3year old girl so wont let her play our, rang the council exterminater ppl, had them out n they said they,re not allowed to remove them, they need to be left!!! my dads coming round 2moro to fumigate!

i had this once :x was not impressed, did a similar thing to syzable lol it was in the garage so i wrapped my self up in **** loads of clothes taped gloves n trousers closed so they couldnt get in lol cleared the stuff around the nest, came back 5 mins later with a deoderant can and a lighter lol, it was AWESOME

I hate the little fookers!!!!

We had one in the Lawn of our garden, THE LAWN!!!!

We live in a clay area and the cracks during summer are so wide you can get your hand down uum.

Anyway, after mowing the lawn prior to a BBQ for a kids party I couldn't understand why so many wasps were buzzin around and then spotted the legion of the damned coming from the grassy knoll.

After sending the family indoors I entered the shed from a westerly direction, removed a class 1 digging spade and a gallon of naturally fermented 95 proof unleaded in a green container (most important to be green, good for the environment!)

I dug a small square hole and came upon the nest. Retired and removed the lid from said container, gave the ground and nest a good soaking, Replaced the lid and put it back in the shed. Stood a good distance away and threw a lighted match towards the area,

I have to say that I thought that dogs were the only animals that went WOOF!, how wrong I was, Wasps do to!

Strangely, nest gone!

Gun

Had a wasp nest in my attic a few years back, pretty nightmareish, they were coming out of the light fittings and the access hatches (and falling on peoples faces whilst they were sleeping). Didn't have the guts to poke my head through a hatch into darkness and certain attack, so I just sealed up all the holes and dug in for a long siege. They were banging against the paper barriers for weeks, and afterwards I saw that had been performing suicide attacks (there were literally trillions of corpses when I pealed back the paper)

MoneySavingG;5917410

Had a wasp nest in my attic a few years back, pretty nightmareish, they … Had a wasp nest in my attic a few years back, pretty nightmareish, they were coming out of the light fittings and the access hatches (and falling on peoples faces whilst they were sleeping). Didn't have the guts to poke my head through a hatch into darkness and certain attack, so I just sealed up all the holes and dug in for a long siege. They were banging against the paper barriers for weeks, and afterwards I saw that had been performing suicide attacks (there were literally trillions of corpses when I pealed back the paper)

I don't believe there were "literally trillions"........ your house would have been full of wasps if there were literally trillions

horsepills;5935308

I don't believe there were "literally trillions"........ your house … I don't believe there were "literally trillions"........ your house would have been full of wasps if there were literally trillions

I may have embellished that bit slightly (there were millions not trillions)
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition72793
    2. Win Google Pixel 2 or a Google Pixel 2 XL11
    3. Win a villa holiday for two in Portugal with Four Seasons Fairways @ Sunday…66
    4. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines54

See more discussions