Wasps treatment

Found 7th Aug
We have found wasps congregating in an air brick at our new house when we visited recently. We can't see the nest and when I read up about it on google, it states that the wasps can build a nest in the air brick itself. My husband thinks they may have built a nest in the sub floor. The building does not have a cellar, so it would have to be the floor space for the joists.

They are getting into the living room but I can't see where they are getting access as there is no sight of the air brick from the inside of the building.

Reading up on treatment, it states that you can buy Rentokil wasp powder and spray the stuff at least 3 times a day over all the air brick.

I plan to do this, but wonder if anyone has similar experience and how you treated it, or have any advice. Thanks.
Community Updates
Ask
19 Comments
The Rentokil wasp powder will do the trick. Spray it (squeeze the plastic bottle) all around the air brick - the wasps will carry the powder into the nest and then you just need patience. Takes a few days for it to work. Best time to do it is just before sunset as there will not be many wasps about.

If you could see the nest I would use the spray foam - again that is very effective.
Van197311 m ago

The Rentokil wasp powder will do the trick. Spray it (squeeze the …The Rentokil wasp powder will do the trick. Spray it (squeeze the plastic bottle) all around the air brick - the wasps will carry the powder into the nest and then you just need patience. Takes a few days for it to work. Best time to do it is just before sunset as there will not be many wasps about.If you could see the nest I would use the spray foam - again that is very effective.

Thanks. You don't happen to know where I can buy the powder from a shop do you? Did a google search and seems to be online shops only.
I got some a couple of years ago from Homebase - but that branch has closed down (as well as many others). According to their website they still sell it homebase.co.uk/ren…625 if there is a store near you.

Also seen it in small independant hardware stores - but that is pot luck searching!
Edited by: "Van1973" 7th Aug
Robert Dyas also appear to stock it.
Ant powder also works.
mutley12 m ago

looking for this, but doesn't seem to be available in robert …looking for this, but doesn't seem to be available in robert dyashttps://www.homecareessentials.co.uk/products/rentokil-wasp-killer-powder-150g/w1723

Looks oos for delivery but individual stores may have some (if one near)?? robertdyas.co.uk/ren…der
Oneday774 m ago

Ant powder also works.

Agreed - looks like they both have the same active ingredient (Permethrin) so I guess they'll be the same stuff!

You can get a Ant Killer in Poundland ...poundland.co.uk/dof…00g
Edited by: "Van1973" 7th Aug
Van19733 m ago

Agreed - looks like they both have the same active ingredient (Permethrin) …Agreed - looks like they both have the same active ingredient (Permethrin) so I guess they'll be the same stuff!You can get a Ant Killer in Poundland ...http://www.poundland.co.uk/doff-pestshield-ant-powder-300g

Also always sold off super cheap in the supermarkets at this time of year.
Oneday777 m ago

Ant powder also works.

we have ant powder at home so i will try to use this until the wasp powder gets delivered. worth a try, thanks
Van197315 m ago

Looks oos for delivery but individual stores may have some (if one near)?? …Looks oos for delivery but individual stores may have some (if one near)?? https://www.robertdyas.co.uk/rentokil-wasp-killer-powder

i will go and have a look later this afternoon. thanks for this.
Van19732 h, 18 m ago

Looks oos for delivery but individual stores may have some (if one near)?? …Looks oos for delivery but individual stores may have some (if one near)?? https://www.robertdyas.co.uk/rentokil-wasp-killer-powder

they had plenty in store so picked up one, thanks for the advice
Oneday774 h, 54 m ago

Ant powder also works.

Also ant spray will kill them in a few minutes. I caught mine just as they were building a nest, sprayed half the can on them and the queen died quickly with the rest of them
Washing up liquid, half a bottle topped up with half hot water. Squirt into nest
standaman6 h, 8 m ago

Washing up liquid, half a bottle topped up with half hot water. Squirt …Washing up liquid, half a bottle topped up with half hot water. Squirt into nest

seriously????
Permethrin is effective at killing wasps, but can cause agitation, the ...carb ones are better at stunning them - I did deal with an airbrick with Permethrin ant powder (all I had) applied in the evening, and the sound from inside was terrifying - killed 'em though!
Hairspray works really well
Quite disappointed with your 1000th question on here - I expected a better quality one
chocci28 m ago

Quite disappointed with your 1000th question on here - I expected a better …Quite disappointed with your 1000th question on here - I expected a better quality one

sorry to disappoint
most of them have now died after the application of the wasp killer powder but a few hardy ones are still around. i am continuing to spray the puff into the ventilation grill but as i can't get to the nest itself, it may take longer to kill them all
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants