Groups

Waste bin for used ground coffee.

Does anybody know of a bin, possibly with an inbuilt drainer for used ground coffee?

Thanks.

8 Comments

Mine go straight into my compost bin, or under one of my ericaceous plants.

Why do you want to save them?

Original Poster

Robj1

Mine go straight into my compost bin, or under one of my ericaceous … Mine go straight into my compost bin, or under one of my ericaceous plants. Why do you want to save them?

Because of the leakage from the dispenser to the bin, just wanted something to go at side of the machine and empty after making the coffee's and eliminating coffee trails on the floor. Did read about composting it, is it OK just to sprinkle on any soil?
    Thanks.
    Edited by: "kramvic" 11th Sep 2016

Original Poster

Have seen a few named "knock boxes" but don't look too striking.

kramvic

Have seen a few named "knock boxes" but don't look too striking.

​the knock boxes are ok for when the coffee is dry, but if you "knock" the coffee out when wet (or just after using it), it tends to go everywhere. Knock when dry, spoon when wet.

simplehuman.com/uk/…eel
    I use this for tea leaves but it doesn't have a drained .

Original Poster

psychobitchfromhell

http://www.simplehuman.com/uk/1-5-litre-countertop-can-fingerprint-proof-stainless-steelI use this for tea leaves but it doesn't have a drained .

Nice 1, ty.

kramvic

Because of the leakage from the dispenser to the bin, just wanted … Because of the leakage from the dispenser to the bin, just wanted something to go at side of the machine and empty after making the coffee's and eliminating coffee trails on the floor. Did read about composting it, is it OK just to sprinkle on any soil?Thanks.

​Yes, any soil is fine, the worms love it, and ants and slugs hate it.

It will increase the acidity of soil if used in the same place frequently.

Original Poster

Robj1

​Yes, any soil is fine, the worms love it, and ants and slugs hate it. It … ​Yes, any soil is fine, the worms love it, and ants and slugs hate it. It will increase the acidity of soil if used in the same place frequently.

That's great, will do just that. Thanks for your help and reply.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Cheap 'smart phone' for child wanted.33
      2. Pet lifetime insurance advice needed22
      3. Ditched Sky33
      4. iPhone 7 32GB Black Unopened56

See more discussions