Waste Disposal

Posted 9th Nov
Not really a deal per say, however very informative and feel i need to share!

So ive been doing a major clear out around the house and needed to throw away a Dining table, Matress, old couch (not accepted by BHF before you comment!) and spent ages researching online for cheap removal waste disposal.
Gumtree was my best bet and saw many ads each titled "Cheapest in London!" and was getting quotes ranging between £80-£100 for a collection of an old couch and a mattress.

I then looked on my councils website where they do large/bulk waste disposal which doesn't fit in a normal bin, and found they only charge around £27 for up to 10 items!
Given my research i though it was small items, but this is literally any furniture, electrical or any waste.
So i was able to throw away an old 2 seater couch, a single matres, 4 dining chairs, a dining table and a wardrobe for only less than £27!

Im sure people have also seen this new app quoted as the uber for rubbish where you take a picture of your waste and make a payment and someone will collect it, i saw 2 bags for £15 a single matress for £22 etc..

So if you are in the same situation as me, check your local councils website! Guarantee'd to beat any price quoted from trademans working in waste disposal!

Check the prices on an app called clearabee! And also, they collected the next day.
Community Updates

Groups

Top comments
and you know the council wont just go fly tip in some back street.
8 Comments
and you know the council wont just go fly tip in some back street.
Yeah I have used it for my last 2 moves our council charges £49 for 5 items and £79 for up to 8 items.
Nottingham City Council offer free disposal of such items, certain amount per year but free non the less
Sc4mp009/11/2019 13:51

Nottingham City Council offer free disposal of such items, certain amount …Nottingham City Council offer free disposal of such items, certain amount per year but free non the less

Yeah, each council will have their own rules/prices. Nottingham one of the very few that offer free bulky item collection.
You should of just burnt the stuff on bonfire night, spent the £27 on a slab of beer and a kabab. Great night you could have had.
The council also collect for free 3 times a year. Hope you didn't forget to use the free ones.
MR112309/11/2019 15:42

The council also collect for free 3 times a year. Hope you didn't forget …The council also collect for free 3 times a year. Hope you didn't forget to use the free ones.

i think that maybe your council
Check waste license for these people. I have one myself and anyone can check online people have one, as waste remains yours. About time they got and sorted this fly tipping
Edited by: "wayners" 9th Nov
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants