Found 5th Nov 2008
As above

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
22 Comments

Dont open it, it could contain anything

where did you get the file from

Right click and 'Edit' - Post up what it says.

As long as you don't double click, it can't infect / harm your PC.

Banned

it's spelt 'what' btw.

It's a batch file - like has been said it could do anything...

Normally, with a file name like that, it installs a nice program

csiman;3375999

it's spelt 'what' btw.

PMSL! I'm a grammar/spelling nazi too

from Wiki

In DOS, OS/2, and Microsoft Windows, a batch file is a text file containing a series of commands intended to be executed by the command interpreter. When a batch file is run, the shell program (usually COMMAND.COM or cmd.exe) reads the file and executes its commands, normally line-by-line. Batch files are useful for running a sequence of executables automatically and are often used by system administrators to automate tedious processes

[COLOR=black]DOS batch files have the [/COLOR]][COLOR=black]filename extension[/COLOR][COLOR=black] .bat (or .BAT because file names are [/COLOR]][COLOR=black]case insensitive[/COLOR][COLOR=black] in DOS, Windows and OS/2). Batch files for other environments may have different extensions, e.g. .cmd in [/COLOR]][COLOR=black]Windows NT[/COLOR][COLOR=black] and OS/2, or .btm in [/COLOR]][COLOR=black]4DOS[/COLOR][COLOR=black] and related shells. There is no difference between the .bat and .cmd extensions when the file is directly executed. Also, the [/COLOR]][COLOR=black]Windows 9x[/COLOR][COLOR=black] family only recognizes the .bat extension[/COLOR].

Original Poster

aa.rar

Original Poster

i want to run the program but dunno how to

sharonwai;3376024

i want to run the program but dunno how to

How do you know you want to run it ? Did you dl it ? :thinking:

Original Poster

kyalion;3376042

How do you know you want to run it ? Did you dl it ? :thinking:

yes i download it...

Banned

[email protected];3376017

PMSL! I'm a grammar/spelling nazi too

I wasn't trying to have a dig. Judging by Sharon's other post, then she struggles to grasp basic English grammar and spelling. I was actually trying to be helpful :thumbsup:

Banned

sharonwai;3376056

yes i download it...

where from?

Right click the file, Click edit. then notepad should open. Then copy and paste what it contains in here

I remember when I deleted my friend WHOLE C:/ drive with a bat file. he was NOT impressed, and he didnt know what happened or who did it

Original Poster

csiman;3376081

where from?

probably not a good idea to post it here

Original Poster

all i need to know is how do i install a program using install.bat?

sharonwai;3376102

well, if you can trust it, just double click it.

but it would be best if you posted what it contains first so that we can make sure that it wont do anything to your computer

Banned

sharonwai;3376102

Just double left click on it

and then let the fun begin.................. :w00t:

sharonwai;3376102

Well you dont really, a .bat file will just contain commands which could execute a .exe somewhere in a folder, it could make alterations etc.

Double click it to run it, if nothing happens its probably done something in the backgroud or the command lines are incorrect within it so it has failed.

Like already said, right click and go to edit, open it in notepad and let us know the contents.

csiman;3376076

I wasn't trying to have a dig. Judging by Sharon's other post, then she … I wasn't trying to have a dig. Judging by Sharon's other post, then she struggles to grasp basic English grammar and spelling. I was actually trying to be helpful :thumbsup:

I think Sharon Wai is possibly a clue :thumbsup:

As already said just double click it to run it, however if this isnt a file you know well then it wouldnt be advisable to run it.

Right click > Edit, then copy and past the contents here and we can tell you whether it is safe to run or not.

Original Poster

i crack it open so thanks everyone for being helpful will leave rep.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Smacking children is to be banned in Scotland3278
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769366
    3. Happy Bandi Chorr Diwas and Happy Diwali!1214
    4. Limited quantities of STRAFE® and SHADOW WARRIOR 2 for sale @ Special Reser…47

See more discussions