Watch back removal

Posted 20th Apr
Anyone know the best tool to remove these type of watch backs?
3445951-wxPpZ.jpg
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

8 Comments
Generally they pop off. It’s difficult to see but is there a lip at about the 20 past three position in your photo where it would be prised ?
if the watch is worth anything, leave the back on and take it to the thewatchhospital.co.uk ( 17 stores nationwide & online )
used the one in meadowhall sheffield for a tissot ,low charges and super service
Just keep in mind that once you remove the back it no longer remains water proof
I have tried to use watch back removal tools like these ebay.co.uk/itm…620

If you do, careful as the knife-like tool is prone to slip. It's very difficult to do without scratching the back. I eventually broke one watch opening and closing it, so have sworn never to buy a watch like this again.

Some watches have backs that screw off on a thread, much better and there's a special tool for that too.
40479132-MY6qf.jpgThere is a little lip you need to get something stiff but thin under to lever it up with (I have an old table knife a ground the end on to the make thinner for doing watch backs).

It looks like on yours its as a prior poster @Bobster-cyw said about 20 past 3
Others have already answered the question, but you may find you need a watch press tool (~£10) to replace the back. Some can be very stubborn to replace by hand.
isesamo tool.
Bobster-cyw20/04/2020 16:04

Generally they pop off. It’s difficult to see but is there a lip at about t …Generally they pop off. It’s difficult to see but is there a lip at about the 20 past three position in your photo where it would be prised ?

40483763-ER8pg.jpgNo there is no indentation or raised lip it's just smooth and flush all the way round.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions