Groups
    EXPIRED

Watch for Runners / Joggers

Hi All,

My wife has recently got into running - are there any specific watches that runners use, that she could benefit from using during her training.

Thanks in advance for all advice.

Cheers,

J

8 Comments

my wife is seriously into her running-she uses a garmin forerunner watch-saves your workout,monitors heartrate etc-very good gadget for runners-will cost you about 140 quid tho!

Original Poster

something like this: amazon.co.uk/Gar…296

Are there any cheaper options available?

luvadealme;8297148

something like this: … something like this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Garmin-Forerunner-305-Wrist-Worn-Personal/dp/B000FMQ296Are there any cheaper options available?

yep-thats the one m8-of course you can get watches that just time your run,but if your missus is serious about running then I reccommend the garmin-having all the data at your fingertips to see improvements is a good incentive.

if she has an ipod,she could get a nike+ chip which goes in her shoe and saves data to the ipod.not as comprehensive as the garmin data tho.

I bought my wife a polar heart rate monitor for christms for the gym. They are around £50, it tells her how long she was in the zone for, how many calories she burns etc, and it also tells the time!! Garmin are good, the polar was cheaper and recommended by the personal trainer

Original Poster

RufusRabbit;8297426

I bought my wife a polar heart rate monitor for christms for the gym. … I bought my wife a polar heart rate monitor for christms for the gym. They are around £50, it tells her how long she was in the zone for, how many calories she burns etc, and it also tells the time!! Garmin are good, the polar was cheaper and recommended by the personal trainer

which model? the range is quite big and a bit daunting to be honest....

Polar F4 - seems easy to set up, comes with chest strap. The one I bought is specifically for a smaller wrist so it is more comfortable for women

Original Poster

Is a chest strap the only way to measure heart rate with these watches (I have one for my bike and hate wearing it).

Original Poster

RufusRabbit;8299027

Polar F4 - seems easy to set up, comes with chest strap. The one I bought … Polar F4 - seems easy to set up, comes with chest strap. The one I bought is specifically for a smaller wrist so it is more comfortable for women

Hi RufusRabbit, is it the red one with the smaller wrist size? Or does the black one come with a smaller wrist size as well?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Decent hoover66
      2. Hard drive 'died'(?), what can I do? (for computer wizards please!)46
      3. Job Centre sending text to confirm appointment66
      4. Iptv814

See more discussions