Watch Freeview TV on your Android Phone over 3g & Wifi! (also on PC, iPad & iPhone)

Found 14th Sep 2012
Been a fan of tvcatchup.com for a few years now as it allows you to watch all of the freeview channels (and a few extra) on your pc. Now they have an android app, I've been trying it out for a few weeks and have had good results, the tv guide is especially good.

It works over wifi and 3g (but bear in mind it helps to have a data plan if you are out and about so you don't incur mobile internet charges).

Link here
play.google.com/sto….tv

Update: Also works on Ipad & Iphone, here is the link:
itunes.apple.com/gb/…t=8

Check it out, it's free!

16 Comments

Original Poster

Update: Also works on Ipad & Iphone, here is the link:
itunes.apple.com/gb/…=8

Never had a problem with the mobile site, what's the difference? Just the TV guide?

Original Poster

Whitedot

Never had a problem with the mobile site, what's the difference? Just the … Never had a problem with the mobile site, what's the difference? Just the TV guide?

Sorry mate, what problem?

I use the PC & Android versions, they both have a nice tv guide that shows now and next, I sometimes use the android version just for the tv guide to see if any films are coming on later to record at home on the V+ box.

Edited by: "Maevoric" 14th Sep 2012

I'm just saying, I've been using m.tvcatchup.com on my Android for ages and never had a problem with it. Wondering why the need for an app.

how is this even a deal, its free and been out for sometime now X)

myplayer does exactly the same thing and has been on android for ages .. cold

It was a website, now it's an app.

Thanks for posting, ive moved this into misc as its not really a deal

The app is a bit cleaner than visiting the website, been using the beta test version for a while (was available from TV Catchup website).
There are no streaming adverts at the beginning (like the website) only a static ad/link while the app loads for other games or apps. Everything is much smoother and nicer, I previously used a bookmark and went to the webpage myself but as the app improved in beta I deleted it.

Who on earth would ever want to watch tv on a phone ??

Very good app but hardly new its been around for ages,although its still in beta testing after months i find no problems with it.

Banned

quireboy

people who travel on trains etc! oO

quizmaniac

Very good app but hardly new its been around for ages,although its still … Very good app but hardly new its been around for ages,although its still in beta testing after months i find no problems with it.

I've been using it a for a few months as well after downloading it from the TV Catchup website, but It's now officially out of beta testing, it popped up in the Google Play store a few days ago

As to who would watch TV on a phone, anyone that wants to watch something, has a smartphone and is not near there TV....some people actually do leave there PC and go outside now and again

quireboy

i watch TV on my phone in work when golf or tennis is on during the day (_;)
Edited by: "ZedEx" 14th Sep 2012

'some people actually do leave there PC and go outside now and again '

What sort of bizarre world are you living in? X)

Original Poster

greg_68

'some people actually do leave there PC and go outside now and again … 'some people actually do leave there PC and go outside now and again 'What sort of bizarre world are you living in? X)

Lol
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions