Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Watch La La Land for FREE on iPlayer (TV Licence Required) @ BBC.co.uk

Posted 6th Oct
Unsure if people know, but the films shown on BBC channels do get put on iPlayer! La La Land was on last night and et voila, here it is
Community Updates
BBC.co.uk DealsMisc

Groups

25 Comments
*Excessive amount of debate about whether La La Land is good goes here*
lol ilim sure i read la liga lol
iPlayer info gets moved from Deals to Misc.
Not FREE if tv license is required.
kevlfc06/10/2019 10:19

lol ilim sure i read la liga lol

Football fans are something else
La La Land, or Question Time as it used to be called.
SomnambuIist06/10/2019 10:20

La La Land, or Question Time as it used to be called.

You should've listened to Radio 4 yesterday at about 2:15pm, it was like trying to control a small pack of excitable animals!
joeo200006/10/2019 10:19

Not FREE if tv license is required.

What if you are over 75 ?
Nope not free if we need a TV licence. So £154 50 it will costs to watch La La Land.
Dennis.Bell06/10/2019 10:22

What if you are over 75 ?

So ya better be quick if you want to watch it
The government funded, free over 75 TV Licence scheme is being replaced on 1 June 2020. ... You need to be covered by a TV Licence, including a free over 75 TV Licence, to watch or record live TV programmes on any channel, or to download or watch any BBC programmes on iPlayer – live, catch up or on demand.
BLOSSOM14306/10/2019 10:23

Nope not free if we need a TV licence. So £154 50 it will costs to watch …Nope not free if we need a TV licence. So £154 50 it will costs to watch La La Land.

I was under the impression that having a TV licence is a standard affair for most households.
ChattyDaf_06/10/2019 10:26

I was under the impression that having a TV licence is a standard affair …I was under the impression that having a TV licence is a standard affair for most households.

Only if you watch Live TV or iPlayer
So on the basis of people saying it technically costs X because of the T.V licence. Why do deals go hot for Games with Golds and PS+ deals? It’s not free either, as you have to be paying for those subscriptions. I also don’t get how they get pushed up I the highlights section. Surely is more of a heads up, as it isn’t a deal? Or are we now going to classes perks with subscriptions as a deal? Does that mean when you pay £9.99 for a years delivery from EMP, M&MDirect and the likes that’s a deal? This site is purely voting on the basis of who people do and do not like.

*in before, the games are free as part of the service (like BBC I played), you don’t have to buy those subs (just like the TV licence, wHeRe ArE yOuRe DeAlS
DanSpaghetti06/10/2019 11:09

So on the basis of people saying it technically costs X because of the T.V …So on the basis of people saying it technically costs X because of the T.V licence. Why do deals go hot for Games with Golds and PS+ deals? It’s not free either, as you have to be paying for those subscriptions. I also don’t get how they get pushed up I the highlights section. Surely is more of a heads up, as it isn’t a deal? Or are we now going to classes perks with subscriptions as a deal? Does that mean when you pay £9.99 for a years delivery from EMP, M&MDirect and the likes that’s a deal? This site is purely voting on the basis of who people do and do not like. *in before, the games are free as part of the service (like BBC I played), you don’t have to buy those subs (just like the TV licence, wHeRe ArE yOuRe DeAlS

Neither this or Games with Gold/Gamepass or "Movie added to Prime Video" are free

They're part of a subscription, they don't deserve heat
Edited by: "Norseg" 6th Oct
Norseg06/10/2019 12:41

Neither this or Games with Gold/Gamepass or "Movie added to Prime Video" …Neither this or Games with Gold/Gamepass or "Movie added to Prime Video" are freeThey're part of a subscription, they don't deserve heat

Exactly I agree. But people vote hot on those deals.
joeo200006/10/2019 11:59

I'm not, hence the comment 😘

So it's all about you then ?
Norseg06/10/2019 12:41

Neither this or Games with Gold/Gamepass or "Movie added to Prime Video" …Neither this or Games with Gold/Gamepass or "Movie added to Prime Video" are freeThey're part of a subscription, they don't deserve heat

The TV license is not a subscription - it’s a license to use reception equipment - after that watching IS free
Edited by: "MisterD" 6th Oct
DanSpaghetti06/10/2019 11:09

So on the basis of people saying it technically costs X because of the T.V …So on the basis of people saying it technically costs X because of the T.V licence. Why do deals go hot for Games with Golds and PS+ deals? It’s not free either, as you have to be paying for those subscriptions. I also don’t get how they get pushed up I the highlights section. Surely is more of a heads up, as it isn’t a deal? Or are we now going to classes perks with subscriptions as a deal? Does that mean when you pay £9.99 for a years delivery from EMP, M&MDirect and the likes that’s a deal? This site is purely voting on the basis of who people do and do not like. *in before, the games are free as part of the service (like BBC I played), you don’t have to buy those subs (just like the TV licence, wHeRe ArE yOuRe DeAlS

The 'deals' are pushed with mega heat because they generate clicks and advertising revenue for HotUKDeals from the sheer popularity of the subject matter. From the vague nature of the 'deals' they should be on misc, but we know the deals part of HotUKDeals has far more clicks and attention than the murky depths of misc (especially since the mass censoring of certain topics last year resulting in an exodus of once very prominent members and the vastly reduced activity on misc).

MisterD06/10/2019 12:56

The TV license is not a subscription - it’s a license to use reception e …The TV license is not a subscription - it’s a license to use reception equipment - after that watching IS free

It's a glorified TV Tax promoted by the BBC, which they enforce everyone with a TV or any other device able to view audiovisual content to pay even if everyone avoids the BBC and their services.
Dennis.Bell06/10/2019 12:51

So it's all about you then ?

No, obviously not. But it's still not free.
joeo200006/10/2019 20:09

No, obviously not. But it's still not free.

I'm pretty sure that every freebie costs in some way or other.
BLOSSOM14306/10/2019 10:28

Only if you watch Live TV or iPlayer

You don’t need a TV Licence if you or anyone at this address:

• never watch or record programmes on any channel as they’re being shown on TV or live on an online TV service, and
  • never download or watch BBC programmes on iPlayer – live, catch up or on demand.
robertr08/10/2019 09:04

You don’t need a TV Licence if you or anyone at this address: never w …You don’t need a TV Licence if you or anyone at this address: never watch or record programmes on any channel as they’re being shown on TV or live on an online TV service, and never download or watch BBC programmes on iPlayer – live, catch up or on demand.

Is it not OK to watch ITV etc on demand without a licence?
BLOSSOM14309/10/2019 21:39

Is it not OK to watch ITV etc on demand without a licence?

You can watch nearly all non-BBC content on demand as long as the equipment used doesn't have a working TV tuner
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants