Watch Oneplus 5 live launch 5pm today

34 Comments
ta for the thought but I have some paint.
Do you think it will have band 20?
Original Poster
UK launch event is June 21, 33 Redchurch St , London E2 7DJ .
JimBobJr

​Pretty sure they always have had band 20
Original Poster
JimBobJr

​Yes it will definitely have band 20 as it will be sold by O2 in UK .
sam_of_london

UK launch event is June 21, 33 Redchurch St , London E2 7DJ .

​Source??
Original Poster
almirh

​Source??

​Click on the link above and change location to London. Then you see the London event and location.
Thanks sam
Oh yes just saw, thanks i wonder the price, my guess is £399-429
almirh

Oh yes just saw, thanks i wonder the price, my guess is £399-429

​Hopefully and I may be tempted although there are rumors of just an HD screen and also the seen some supposed photos and the bezel looks as large as the OnePlus 3T.

If it's pushing £500 then you may as well either get a Galaxy S7 for cheaper or pay a little extra for the Galaxy S8.
I thought this was for BBC1 showing programmes 5 hours later oO
Why have they jumped from 3 to 5?
FlyingMonkeyUK12 m ago

Number 4 is considered unlucky in china so they have missed it and gone to 5
Original Poster
FlyingMonkeyUK

​Because number 4 is supposedly unlucky in China like number 13 in UK .
sam_of_london

Because number 4 is supposedly unlucky in China like number 13 in UK .

Thanks, info like this is why I love the internet
Original Poster
Bit disappointed. Only 3300 mah battery and cat 12 LTE. Was expecting 4000 mah battery and cat 16 LTE .
sam_of_london

Bit disappointed. Only 3300 mah battery and cat 12 LTE. Was expecting … Bit disappointed. Only 3300 mah battery and cat 12 LTE. Was expecting 4000 mah battery and cat 16 LTE .

​Yes I was thinking they may be launching at least one with a 4000 battery and also not too happy about the large bezels and only a HD screen.

I still might be tempted due to the camera depending on the price as long as it's under £450 for the 128gb one, but can't see it.
They should not have put the Galaxy S8 next to it in the charging test as it makes it look a rubbish design and highlights how big the bezels are.
I thought the rumours suggested a £500 tag
RadiantDuck

I thought the rumours suggested a £500 tag

​There were a lot of prices flying around.
Dragon32

​There were a lot of prices flying around.

​And this time they were sort of true! £449 for 64gb storage 6gb ram, £499 for 128gb storage 8gb ram.
£449 for the basic model so will most prob give it a miss as the 128gb version will prob be £500.

Will hang onto my Galaxy S5 a little longer and keep my eye out for Galaxy S7/S8 deals.
Original Poster
RadiantDuck

​And this time they were sort of true! £449 for 64gb storage 6gb ram, £4 … ​And this time they were sort of true! £449 for 64gb storage 6gb ram, £499 for 128gb storage 8gb ram.

​Maybe better to buy S8 with better screen, water proofing and cat 16 LTE reception. I don't care about camera but download speed and good reception is a must .
sam_of_london

​Maybe better to buy S8 with better screen, water proofing and cat 16 LTE … ​Maybe better to buy S8 with better screen, water proofing and cat 16 LTE reception. I don't care about camera but download speed and good reception is a must .

​Yes - also the top bezel actually looked slightly larger on the OnePlus 5 compared to the OnePlus 3T when they had them side by side - I thought they would be trying to reduce the bezel size.

Nice to have a phone with the biggest screen you can handle with minimum bezel.
Yeah, this phone isn't for me.
Screen resolution is fine to be honest, seriously you don't need a 4K display in phone.

Too bad it isn't waterproof.

I'm not sure what to do now.. go for S8 or One+5.

Price is almost the same (if you get S8 from Amazon.it).
Just ordered an OP5 if anyone is interested in an S7 + 2 cases + original charger + gear VR let me know!
What is the dac sound like
Admast79

Screen resolution is fine to be honest, seriously you don't need a 4K … Screen resolution is fine to be honest, seriously you don't need a 4K display in phone.Too bad it isn't waterproof.I'm not sure what to do now.. go for S8 or One+5.Price is almost the same (if you get S8 from Amazon.it).

Just read some reviews, the camera on the +5 is terrible. Some reviewers were saying they can see some pixelated icons/texts.

Plus some benchmarks cheating by +1 uncovered by the XDA folks.
iDealYou

Just read some reviews, the camera on the +5 is terrible. Some reviewers … Just read some reviews, the camera on the +5 is terrible. Some reviewers were saying they can see some pixelated icons/texts.Plus some benchmarks cheating by +1 uncovered by the XDA folks.

I've ordered the phone and haven't even seen the benchmarks because in real life it doesn't mean anything. Everyone says it's blistering in day to day use so that's good enough for me!

Do benchmarks matter these days?
Arsenal1234

I've ordered the phone and haven't even seen the benchmarks because in … I've ordered the phone and haven't even seen the benchmarks because in real life it doesn't mean anything. Everyone says it's blistering in day to day use so that's good enough for me!Do benchmarks matter these days?

Yeah, I don't take notice of the benchmarks.
That's why it's weird that +1 cheated for something of little value for day to today usages.

The reviews so far aren't too good. The camera & screen qualities are a bit of a let down ... for the asking price.
iDealYou

Yeah, I don't take notice of the benchmarks.That's why it's weird that +1 … Yeah, I don't take notice of the benchmarks.That's why it's weird that +1 cheated for something of little value for day to today usages.The reviews so far aren't too good. The camera & screen qualities are a bit of a let down ... for the asking price.

I've been using a Galaxy S8 as my daily driver since I started reviewing it, and I thought it was going to stay in my rotation indefinitely. Well, sorry Samsung — I don't think I'm going to put the OnePlus 5 down any time soon. The company built a phone that's very, very hard to dislike. It's blazingly fast, has a surprisingly good camera and excellent battery life. Its version of Android is surprisingly clean, and the price tag means true flagship power won't destroy your wallet

Engadget: engadget.com/201…ew/
If your looking for a high end phone the HTC 11 is out now, nice but pricey.
Sam its made in china = NO BUY
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions