Watch out buying fruit and veg in supermarkets

In some supermarkets most of the veg has had its use by date extended to make them last over Christmas, is this legal? surly you cant just extend the date to give the impression that it will last longer.

33 Comments

grow your own

intenso100;3829778

grow your own

Hold on just putting some parsnips in the soil, hopefully they will be ready for xmas day!! Thats if i can get outside because of the apple tree!!

Cry??

Don't be surly!!!

Lulu'sMammy;3829787

Hold on just putting some parsnips in the soil, hopefully they will be … Hold on just putting some parsnips in the soil, hopefully they will be ready for xmas day!! Thats if i can get outside because of the apple tree!!

book early to avoid

intenso100;3829808

book early to avoid

So just to clarify, you have grown all your own fruit and veg ?

Lulu'sMammy;3829816

So just to clarify, you have grown all your own fruit and veg ?

yess, they taste so much better,,,

intenso100;3829824

yess, they taste so much better,,,

Fair enough if you have the time and whatever floats ya boat! So whats on the menu?

intenso100;3829778

grow your own

http://a.abcnews.com/images/GMA/pd_yawning_070730_ms.jpg

Lulu'sMammy;3829843

Fair enough if you have the time and whatever floats ya boat! So whats on … Fair enough if you have the time and whatever floats ya boat! So whats on the menu?

a lot of things float my boat,,, the usual suspects are on the menu, just got kill me turkey i got living in me back garden..

kungfu;3829859

yes boringg,, yawwwnnn, take it or leave it..

intenso100;3829874

a lot of things float my boat,,, the usual suspects are on the menu, just … a lot of things float my boat,,, the usual suspects are on the menu, just got kill me turkey i got living in me back garden..

Like killing animals?

Lulu'sMammy;3829892

Like killing animals?

prefer eating them

supermarket veg is better shaped than homegrown, no dodgy tatey shapes in my veg cupboard

kungfu;3829918

supermarket veg is better shaped than homegrown, no dodgy tatey shapes in … supermarket veg is better shaped than homegrown, no dodgy tatey shapes in my veg cupboard

http://a.abcnews.com/images/GMA/pd_yawning_070730_ms.jpg

and whatever floats ur boat!

you stick to your muddy veg that the squirrels have slashed on :thumbsup:

kungfu;3829946

you stick to your muddy veg that the squirrels have slashed on :thumbsup:

thanks i will and merry xmas to u too :santa::gift:

black gerbil1;3829791

Cry??

lool!

anyway that pic is of a dude getting his gums electrocuted so youve embarrased yourself thrice :thumbsup:

kungfu;3829978

anyway that pic is of a dude getting his gums electrocuted so youve … anyway that pic is of a dude getting his gums electrocuted so youve embarrased yourself thrice :thumbsup:

:oops: nvm thats lifee:stocking:

intenso100;3830000

:oops: nvm thats lifee:stocking:

lol i like you

http://www.layoutlounge.com/Images/Thanks_For_The_Add/images/borat-how-are-you.jpg

kungfu;3830015

lol i like you

well if u want some mis shaped vegetables next year look me up :santa:

intenso100;3830027

well if u want some mis shaped vegetables next year look me up :santa:

And squirrel marinated?

Lulu'sMammy;3830041

And squirrel marinated?

it adds to the taste :gift:

kungfu;3829918

supermarket veg is better shaped than homegrown, no dodgy tatey shapes in … supermarket veg is better shaped than homegrown, no dodgy tatey shapes in my veg cupboard

do shapes make it taste better?;-)

intenso100;3830052

it adds to the taste :gift:

Aye i agree, but imagine if the squirrel has used the cucumber, for the same reason some women do....i wouldnt wanna eat a fishy cucumber for deffo!

Lulu'sMammy;3830084

Aye i agree, but imagine if the squirrel has used the cucumber, for the … Aye i agree, but imagine if the squirrel has used the cucumber, for the same reason some women do....i wouldnt wanna eat a fishy cucumber for deffo!

umm some women? are you in this some ?

intenso100;3830107

umm some women? are you in this some ?

Wrong on two accounts, mine aint fishy, and i much prefer a banana!

Lulu'sMammy;3830121

Wrong on two accounts, mine aint fishy, and i much prefer a banana!

ok sorry:oops:, is this to do with the shape also ? :santa:

intenso100;3830126

ok sorry:oops:, is this to do with the shape also ? :santa:

Yea, not so much girth!

And of course you can put the nana back in the fruit bowl if it's not to battered and no one would notice cos once it's peeled no fishy taste.. :oops: Can't do that with a cucumber unless you have a tuna salad..

edna_clouds;3830245

And of course you can put the nana back in the fruit bowl if it's not to … And of course you can put the nana back in the fruit bowl if it's not to battered and no one would notice cos once it's peeled no fishy taste.. :oops: Can't do that with a cucumber unless you have a tuna salad..

Excellent thinking Edna, from the voice of a true professional lol x

edna_clouds;3830245

And of course you can put the nana back in the fruit bowl if it's not to … And of course you can put the nana back in the fruit bowl if it's not to battered and no one would notice cos once it's peeled no fishy taste.. :oops: Can't do that with a cucumber unless you have a tuna salad..

so theres another reason to watch for when buying fruit and veg at supermarkets!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846097
    2. PDF Drive is your search engine for PDF files. No annoying ads, no download…11
    3. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!1010
    4. Sad news about Barcelona1116

See more discussions