Watch out for a new scam email from Abbey National

8 replies
Found 24th Nov 2008
Dear costumer of Abbey National Bank,

We have the pleasure to inform you that we are giving out £500 bonus to our 5 lucky customers. This is inline with our long history of fidelity to our customers through lucky draw from our database. Receiving this notification is because you are among the 5 lucky winners of the monthly prize. To receive the bonus click on the link below:

Note : all the information is required to get the bonus. Wait 48 hours and check your account!

THANK YOU !

Having an account with them I ALMOST believed it, but when I looked at their email address it said

[email protected]bellsouth.net

1. Misc
  2. Watch
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Watch
8 Comments

ta-warned dad-he's the sort of person would be fooled !

no doubt a few people will click - see £££ signs and all common sense goes out of the window:thumbsup:

you mean the bad grammar and spelling didn't tip you off? you had to check the "from" field?! :oops:

You'd have to be a greedy idiot to fall for this.

Original Poster

Its different to the usual "you have won millions" as £500 isnt that much, so you think maybe it is real, but im not a lucky person and if something seems too good to be true it usually is, shame could have done with £500 though, lol. I was posting so people wouldnt fall for it as not everyone checks for bad spelling and grammar, especially first thing in the morning, I know I didnt.

Supermod

...it should be a huge clue that they are not Abbey National anymore.

magicjay1986;3555373

...it should be a huge clue that they are not Abbey National anymore.

Yeah, and in scam emails they have stupid spelling mistakes:

Dear costumer of Abbey

You would have to be really stupid for fall for any of these things which ask you for your log in details.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Marks & Spencer Credit Receipt?43
    2. Gearbest: Order - Nowhere to be seen...88
    3. Driving anxiety.1517
    4. Xbox Newbie34

See more discussions