Watch repair, any idea of cost?

4 replies
Found 14th Jun 2010
My husband fell down some steps at the weekend and has scratched and cracked the glass of his new Guess Collection watch and the bezel that goes around it.

I have just called Goldsmiths where we bought it and they said if I pay them £15, they will send it off before giving me a quote but I wondered if anyone has experienced anything similar and could give me an idea of how much I might be looking at? I wasn't sure if it would be better to go to our insurance company as we bought the watch for £375 at Christmas and I can see it's now £475 new.

1. Misc
  2. Watch
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Watch
4 Comments

Hi

Have you tried contacting the manufacturer's agent directly? Then you will pay only the postage charge to them. It's not cheap to repair or service watches, and sometimes it's not economically viable. I don't suppose you can claim under your warranty or accidental damage if bought with a credit card?

Original Poster

nomdeplume;8832712

HiHave you tried contacting the manufacturer's agent directly? Then you … HiHave you tried contacting the manufacturer's agent directly? Then you will pay only the postage charge to them. It's not cheap to repair or service watches, and sometimes it's not economically viable. I don't suppose you can claim under your warranty or accidental damage if bought with a credit card?

I did buy using a Tesco credit card, but probably not covered but will check.

No, haven't contacted the manufacturer's agent, in fact am struggling to find the Guess Collection website at all!

fruityloops;8832762

I did buy using a Tesco credit card, but probably not covered but will … I did buy using a Tesco credit card, but probably not covered but will check.No, haven't contacted the manufacturer's agent, in fact am struggling to find the Guess Collection website at all!

SEQUEL
Authorized UK distributor for all warranty repairs
Unit 2 Sovereign Court
Northampton NN3 8RH
United Kingdom
011 44 1604 678940 (01604 678940 within the UK)

Found that on the us website ]here

Original Poster

shauneco;8832813

SEQUELAuthorized UK distributor for all warranty repairsUnit 2 Sovereign … SEQUELAuthorized UK distributor for all warranty repairsUnit 2 Sovereign CourtNorthampton NN3 8RHUnited Kingdom011 44 1604 678940 (01604 678940 within the UK)Found that on the us website ]here

Thank you! Much appreciated!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition52475
    2. Win an all-inclusive holiday to Antigua, including flights!22
    3. Magazine competitions - Issue 42 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1515
    4. Win a Fisher-Price Think & Learn Teach 'n tag Movi @ Netmums11

See more discussions