Found 6th Dec 2010
If you were spending 200/300 pounds on a mans watch,what would you recommend,he doesn't like metal bracelets though,so it would have to have a leather strap.

Any ideas? thanks

18 Comments

Depends, watches are quite a personal thing.

Are you after a particular style?

Original Poster

That's the thing,i haven't a clue really,i've bought him other stuff but he's so difficult to buy for and doesn't really want for anything,so a watch is the only thing i can think of to buy as a "main" gift.
Edited by: "Domthedonkey" 6th Dec 2010

deb8z

That's the thing,i haven't a clue really,i've bought him other stuff but … That's the thing,i haven't a clue really,i've bought him other stuff but he's so difficult to buy for and doesn't really want for anything,so a watch is the only thing i can think of to buy as a gift.

Debz just marry him as come Christmas a pair of socks is just fine - in fact its always a lovely surprise X)

/\ as above, i would hate to receive a watch as a gift (also isn't a watch traditionally a leaving / parting gift!) if it's for your fella then think twice or he might get the wrong message!

Personally I'd prefer a voucher for a local jewellers so i could choose my own style.

If you have to though then this is something i would go for on your budget.

Edited by: "Carley" 6th Dec 2010

Original Poster

I give up,you're all putting me off,what do i get him arghhhh

deb8z

iPod touch?

Banned

deb8z

tell us more about what type of guy he is and maybe we can help a bit better... what kinds of things does he wear? what does he do in his spare time etc

Original Poster

He said he doesn't want an Ipod or an Ipad,he seems to have everything and i hate the Police watch he has now lol,i quite like the look of that CK one,cheers.

Original Poster

bykergrove

tell us more about what type of guy he is and maybe we can help a bit … tell us more about what type of guy he is and maybe we can help a bit better... what kinds of things does he wear? what does he do in his spare time etc

I want to be alive by tomorrow,he doesn't like me talking about him on here oops lol

TW Steel watches are fantastic!

Anything that's Automatic/Solar/EcoDrive/Kinetic

Paying for new batteries when all those exist is nuts

retep

TW Steel watches are fantastic!

I think they're very much a love/hate watch due to them being so massive! (I think they're absolute gash!)
How about this one?
goldsmiths.co.uk/pro…428
(My current watch)

i agree the sentiment that it is a very personal thing, stear clear unless you know what style he likes.
although i would recommend the Tissot PR200 chrono for my tastes in that price range :P

Original Poster

Thank you,i like that one you linked to goonieman,looks like i'll have to drag him to a few jewellers even though he's insisting he doesn't want a birthday pressie!

Sloth/Mod

Ooooooooooooo
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Which wall design do you like best?89
    2. word association Game74244939
    3. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52522901
    4. Add one, leave one game54415485

See more discussions