Groups

Watch to go with suit?

Hi
    I'm having my graduation next year and some job interviews so I'm looking for a smart watch to go with my suit (it's general style, black suit). Obviously as a student my budget it pretty tight £200. There are several candidates which are below. Can anyone give some kind of experience or recommendation?
    Thanks

16 Comments

Try Amazon, both myself and my husband have got a designer watch off there this year for a really good price.

the Tissot PRC200 is a nice watch well made and looks good. My daughter works in the trade and she says the are great value and yes Amazon is the best place to buy:santa:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41AVC7WbHUL._SS500_.jpg

The first 3 are nicest although i prefer a metal strap. My new Seiko had a RRP of £475 and i bought it online for just over £200. If you know where to look you can get a lot of watch for your money.

A student on a budget with £200 to spend on a watch! You can get loads of decent looking ones for less than £50, and even that is too much.

Original Poster

peodude;3791302

A student on a budget with £200 to spend on a watch! You can get loads of … A student on a budget with £200 to spend on a watch! You can get loads of decent looking ones for less than £50, and even that is too much.

Nobody wants to spend that much but a watch, belt is part of a suit and a part of you in an interview (eg) so it probably worths to invest a bit. I'd be happier if there's something else as nice and cheaper out there :thumbsup:

Original Poster

harry127;3790844

The first 3 are nicest although i prefer a metal strap. My new Seiko had … The first 3 are nicest although i prefer a metal strap. My new Seiko had a RRP of £475 and i bought it online for just over £200. If you know where to look you can get a lot of watch for your money.

do you have picture or model number so i can have a look? thanks

tsukasai;3792133

Nobody wants to spend that much but a watch, belt is part of a suit and a … Nobody wants to spend that much but a watch, belt is part of a suit and a part of you in an interview (eg) so it probably worths to invest a bit. I'd be happier if there's something else as nice and cheaper out there :thumbsup:

Sorry but don't agree. At interview you need to be well presented and clean.

In my experience, I have never noticed whether candidate is wearing a watch or not. Even if they are wearing a watch, unless it was OTT or garish, I would not notice. You are not there to impress with your accesories but are there to impress with your knowledge and experience. Personally, that is what I would spend more time on.

Unless of course you are applying for jobs as a model, or similar...where they would ONLY be interested in appearance, and that is not my feild

That was my line of thought iglimpse, underneath a suit, the watch will barely be seen, and won't affect any decisions on the job.

I understand you want something that looks good, but there are many cheap watches that look like expensive ones. TJ Hughes is usually a good place to pick up some decent watches at a decent price.

Hmmm, £200! not a casio then :giggle:

Original Poster

iglimpse;3792325

Sorry but don't agree. At interview you need to be well presented and … Sorry but don't agree. At interview you need to be well presented and clean. In my experience, I have never noticed whether candidate is wearing a watch or not. Even if they are wearing a watch, unless it was OTT or garish, I would not notice. You are not there to impress with your accesories but are there to impress with your knowledge and experience. Personally, that is what I would spend more time on.Unless of course you are applying for jobs as a model, or similar...where they would ONLY be interested in appearance, and that is not my feild

Thanks for your comment. And yes I did mean intelligence interviews&jobs.
    well.. interview was my example of when you wear a suit but I do think a watch is quite important to go with suits. like I said I don't want to spend that much but after awhile searching I found decent ones (quality and look) are around 150-200.
    When we are still in the topic, do you have anything in mind?

Original Poster

peodude;3792485

That was my line of thought iglimpse, underneath a suit, the watch will … That was my line of thought iglimpse, underneath a suit, the watch will barely be seen, and won't affect any decisions on the job. I understand you want something that looks good, but there are many cheap watches that look like expensive ones. TJ Hughes is usually a good place to pick up some decent watches at a decent price.

Thanks. I'm having a look at their website now but there's nothing atm. :thumbsup:

Rep added to everyone. Cheers.

tsukasai;3792589

Thanks. I'm having a look at their website now but there's nothing atm. … Thanks. I'm having a look at their website now but there's nothing atm. :thumbsup:

There website is extremely poor, they have a lot more stuff in store than their website shows if you have one near you

tsukasai;3792163

do you have picture or model number so i can have a look? thanks

findwatches.co.uk/pre…tml

Mines was the silver version without the gold. pm me if you want to know more

keep your eye on amazon, theyhave some good watches there, i picked up 3 D&G ones for work and they are excellent

in regards to interviews, you dont need a flash watch, my first grad interview was at pricewaterhousecoopers and i got the offer due to knowledge of the org, proffession and industry - not which watch i had on! (it was a next one by the way :P)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. RIP DOCTOR WHO78
      2. Are these two things distinctly different to you?33
      3. Show us your Photos 2017. August's Theme - Animals30384
      4. PlayStation Hacked Again?44

See more discussions