Expired

Watch TV (Discovery, Cartoon Network, Comedy Central etc...) using Raspberry Pi?

Found 21st May 2014
Hi, recently bought a raspberry pi.

I have been briefly looking on the interwebz about xbmc which is fine for all my own files but then I came across "Playon":

playon.tv/playon

I was ready to purchase it at one point but then I read the reviews on cnet.

download.cnet.com/Pla…tml

It has all the channels I used to watch years ago on Sky like Cartoon Network, Discovery etc.

Is there an alternative i.e. free or cheaper that does the same which I would be able to use with a RPi?

Thanks.
Community Updates
7 Comments
Original Poster
Sorry I forgot to add that it must not be illegal
of course its illegal oO
Original Poster
chocci

of course its illegal oO

The Playon service mentions "magically stream your favorite shows, movies, even your personal media files from your PC to your TV" but how do they do it?

Do they have licensing set up or something?
lol magic streams
Original Poster
mattmerch

lol magic streams

xD
MitchellT

The Playon service mentions "magically stream your favorite shows, … The Playon service mentions "magically stream your favorite shows, movies, even your personal media files from your PC to your TV" but how do they do it?Do they have licensing set up or something?

no licensing, its just illegal as are all the other devices that allow sky programmes free

if it was legal, why would anyone pay sky? oO
Original Poster
chocci

no licensing, its just illegal as are all the other devices that allow … no licensing, its just illegal as are all the other devices that allow sky programmes freeif it was legal, why would anyone pay sky? oO

Yeah that's the point they where making in the advertisement video.

I downloaded the software and you need to login to almost every single channel so somehow I don't see how its worth it lol
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants