WATCH YOUR CREDIT CARDS WHEN YOU CHIP & PIN!!

Found 17th Jul 2009
eralier this year I was paying for some clothes in a shop, generally chatting to the girls behind the till. It wasnt until i was on the bus on they way home, when i couldnt find my credit card anywere. I got it cancelleed straight away, so thought nothing off it, happy as larry with my new clothes.
Looking on my internet banking (IV I DIDNT INTERNET BANK I WOULD OF NEVER KNEW!!) I saw 4 transactions from that shop,

I knew i only made one so it confused as one of them was 99p?
Then i realised, i must of left my card in the chip & pin machine!! They girls was distracting me, got my card, tryed 99p to see if it would work and then did 2 more transactions totalling £60 before i cancelled my card.

I went back to the shop, went out the back to speek to the manager, I was shaking, as you always tend to think it cant happen, All i got was "No youve got it wrong,they cant they wouldnt of known your pin number"

Then i thought, oh yes, how would they of known my pin?!

I BEGGED her to check, so she came out with piles of reciets and found the transaction i had done by pin fine,

she couldnt find the others, they had been shuvved in the staff room with the reciets,

The reason they did have to have my pin number, was they was able to KEY IN my card number and sign for it, They copied the signature on the back of my card and walah! There two signatures were a pathetic attempt at looking like mine, and as i had work ID on me i was able to show the manager which she then said straight away "I can see thats not you, im so so sorry" "how could they, iv worked here ...years" all that stuff, she was just generally shocked!!

Basically the police got them and they was done for theft and ID fraud!!
I was given my money back & a £20 voucher

Basically i never thought it would happen to me and wouldnt of never known, as i buy that many clothes, Now i check every transaction every week on internet banking, and i MAKE SURE i have my card !!

Sorry to blabble.xx

28 Comments

Banned

wow - epic

They girls was distracting me

Doesn't sound like they had too hard a job. :lol:

Ohh wow
B1tches!!!
Glad you sorted it xx

Banned

moob;5775287

Doesn't sound like they had too hard a job. :lol:

wonder how they managed it.................

How did they distract you?

"ooh look a dead bird just flew past"?

Banned

did the shop sell this too?

http://www.popular.com.sg/images/product/book/81230.jpg

Original Poster

No they handed me my bag and reciet and i just walked out i just didnt realise.

Original Poster

Im just trying to make you all aware and dimebars your comments arent wanted!!

dimebars;5775295

wonder how they managed it.................

When you type the card number, rather than swipe the card, the PDQ will ask "customer present?". All you have to do is answer NO and the PDQ will consider it a mail order transaction and not ask for a pin number.

Amateurs. There was a big scandal last year, where one of the London/Holloway supermarkets had staff with card cloning equipment go wild for several months on customers cards.

Banned

dimebars;5775285

wow - epic

epically boring.

god. I need a red bull.

harlzter;5775300

How did they distract you?"ooh look a dead bird just flew past"?

Surprised they didn't raid her house and hold a garage sale while they were at it.:whistling:

Original Poster

No it must be a girl thing i was talking to my friend aswell, she handed me my bag and reciet and i just walked out the shop!

SUMMONER;5775321

When you type the card number, rather than swipe the card, the PDQ will … When you type the card number, rather than swipe the card, the PDQ will ask "customer present?". All you have to do is answer NO and the PDQ will consider it a mail order transaction and not ask for a pin number.Amateurs. There was a big scandal last year, where one of the London/Holloway supermarkets had staff with card cloning equipment go wild for several months on customers cards.

Well put, but i don't think that's the point he was making.....

At least you got a £20 voucher. Be more careful next time!

Summary:
I left my credit card in a chip and pin machine
I cancelled the card
Some of the staff took £60 off the card by keying in the card number and signing for it
I recieved an apology, my money back and a £20 voucher
They were charged with fraud
Moral: In future i will make sure i take my credit card with me when i leave a store

Blabble = Babble
xx

i dont have a card, i use cash all the time, i spend exactly what i want to. i wont used one.
sorry for you though

I thought chip and pin machines only printed out receipts once the card is removed.?

sorry to hear of the awful ordeal :friends:

How come mine and Tony's posts got deleted from this thread? He said she was 17, I said she can't be if she had a couple of credit accounts. What's censorship-worthy about that?

They should have received the sack too.

Banned

eca07mc;5775457

Summary: I left my credit card in a chip and pin machineI cancelled the … Summary: I left my credit card in a chip and pin machineI cancelled the cardSome of the staff took £60 off the card by keying in the card number and signing for itI recieved an apology, my money back and a £20 voucherThey were charged with fraudMoral: In future i will make sure i take my credit card with me when i leave a storeBlabble = Babblexx

LOL :thumbsup:

Some people just shouldnt be allowed cards :-D

Banned

kerri_ Im just trying to make you all aware and dimebars your comments arent wanted!!

Banned

SUMMONER;5775321

When you type the card number, rather than swipe the card, the PDQ will … When you type the card number, rather than swipe the card, the PDQ will ask "customer present?". All you have to do is answer NO and the PDQ will consider it a mail order transaction and not ask for a pin number.Amateurs. There was a big scandal last year, where one of the London/Holloway supermarkets had staff with card cloning equipment go wild for several months on customers cards.

eca07mc;5775363

Well put, but i don't think that's the point he was making.....

correct!

Banned

I love it that I said all that has been said in the last few posts about a day ago, but the mods delete and warn me. Then everyone states the obvious again, and its all good.

Anyway, good work dimebars/dcx

Banned

magicbeans;5778675

sorry to hear of the awful ordeal :friends:

awful ordeal? come on!

an awful ordeal is being captured by the taliban and tortured. fighting in a war. losing a limb!

not - i wasn't paying attention and left my card for an opportunist thief!

dxx;5778854

How come mine and Tony's posts got deleted from this thread? He said she … How come mine and Tony's posts got deleted from this thread? He said she was 17, I said she can't be if she had a couple of credit accounts. What's censorship-worthy about that?

my boys have both got debit cards that they can use in stores, both are under 16 :thumbsup:

Banned

loupomm;5799886

my boys have both got debit cards that they can use in stores, both are … my boys have both got debit cards that they can use in stores, both are under 16 :thumbsup:

OP refers specifically to credit cards - although I can hazard a guess at the improbability of that being true

i was reading that faster and faster what an epic tale! One to tell the kids before they go to bed!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. 2% cashback on ebay purchase @ TopCashback11
    2. Christmas (Festivus) treats - Top 2 from Which irrespective of price68
    3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19548071
    4. A christmas wish2237

See more discussions