Watches for under £500

Found 1st Jun
Community Updates
Ask
26 Comments
Never heard of Mondaine, Personally I would go with a Tissot or a designer make such as Hugo Boss for your budget. If you need one urgently how about This Rotary to tide you over whilst you wait for a super hot deal from Amazon
Edited by moderator: "trimmed link" 1st Jun
33894432-spZYr.jpg
My uncle has this watch

amazon.co.uk/Cit…AU/
Edited by moderator: "trimmed link" 1st Jun
If you want to waste a lot of money on a watch then perhaps an Apple Watch.

Personally I would buy a cheap watch and use the money for something else, watches get scratched and scuffed easily so pointless wasting much money on them.
Toptrumpet7 m ago

Never heard of Mondaine, Personally I would go with a Tissot or a designer …Never heard of Mondaine, Personally I would go with a Tissot or a designer make such as Hugo Boss for your budget. If you need one urgently how about This Rotary to tide you over whilst you wait for a super hot deal from Amazon

Cheers, I've only come accross the Mondaine recently, it's the Stop2Go I really like! also it's Swiss Made but yes I'll look at the Tissot. That Rotary looks REALLY nice, haha might just get that and use the credit for something else
mrnehru9 m ago

[Image] My uncle has this …[Image] My uncle has this watchhttps://www.amazon.co.uk/Citizen-Watch-Mens-JY8059-57E/dp/B01HSZOAAU/

Thanks, this does look good but there's a bit too much going on for me personally.
cmdr_elito3 m ago

If you want to waste a lot of money on a watch then perhaps an Apple …If you want to waste a lot of money on a watch then perhaps an Apple Watch.Personally I would buy a cheap watch and use the money for something else, watches get scratched and scuffed easily so pointless wasting much money on them.

I had the original Apple Watch but ended up giving it to my dad since I moved on to an Android phone. I see your point I do get pretty upset when I get scuffs and scratches!
I wouldn't worry about value for money. Once you go over £50-100 you're primarily paying for fashion/style rather than practical benefit.

What do you want from the watch?
EndlessWaves46 m ago

I wouldn't worry about value for money. Once you go over £50-100 you're …I wouldn't worry about value for money. Once you go over £50-100 you're primarily paying for fashion/style rather than practical benefit. What do you want from the watch?

True. I want a good build, unique look/features, ideally solar, kinetic or automatic so I don't need to change the battery. I know the Mondaine is battery operated but it's the unique Stop2Go function that makes it stand out the 2nd in line I would say is the Citizen AT4007-54E Ecodrive, I saw this in a shop and it looks much better than the photos on Amazon.
Or you could sell your gift cases and have cash to play with. For £500 I would buy a second hand tag hauer. Then when you fancy a change sell it for virtually what you paid for it
Wadda6 m ago

Or you could sell your gift cases and have cash to play with. For £500 I …Or you could sell your gift cases and have cash to play with. For £500 I would buy a second hand tag hauer. Then when you fancy a change sell it for virtually what you paid for it

Unfortunately it's already on my gift card balance so I can't sell it but yeah ideally that would have been the thing to do .
cmdr_elito3 h, 40 m ago

If you want to waste a lot of money on a watch then perhaps an Apple …If you want to waste a lot of money on a watch then perhaps an Apple Watch.Personally I would buy a cheap watch and use the money for something else, watches get scratched and scuffed easily so pointless wasting much money on them.

Had my Tissot for over 10 years, not a single scratch on the glass, thanks to the crystal sapphire glass. Minor marks on the metal housing, which polish right out. looks almost new.
RadiantDuck10 m ago

Had my Tissot for over 10 years, not a single scratch on the glass, thanks …Had my Tissot for over 10 years, not a single scratch on the glass, thanks to the crystal sapphire glass. Minor marks on the metal housing, which polish right out. looks almost new.

I have this montblanc.com/en/…tml but it's not something I want to wear daily. The metal housing and bracelet has minor marks, what do you use to polish yours?
Edited by: "SackCity" 1st Jun
SackCity37 m ago

I have this …I have this http://www.montblanc.com/en/collection/watches/montblanc-tradition-collection/112632-montblanc-tradition-date-automatic.html but it's not something I want to wear daily. The metal housing and bracelet has minor marks, what do you use to polish yours?

My strap is leather, so I just replace it as and when. And my brother is a jeweller, so he's got all the proper equipment for polishing. Sorry, I wasn't much help! I really like the Montblanc, looks really nice!
Edited by: "RadiantDuck" 1st Jun
RadiantDuck43 m ago

My strap is leather, so I just replace it as and when. And my brother is a …My strap is leather, so I just replace it as and when. And my brother is a jeweller, so he's got all the proper equipment for polishing. Sorry, I wasn't much help! I really like the Montblanc, looks really nice!

No worries, it's good to know I can get it polished up though. Thanks!
I’d go tissot in that price range for sure.
Shame youre restricted to amazon.
sicklysweet13 m ago

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tissot-T0356171105100-Couturtier-Chronograph-T035-617-11-051-00/dp/B002XC25TM/ref=mp_s_a_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1527861334&sr=8-7π=SL140_SX88_CR0,0,88,140&keywords=tissot+watch+for+menhttps://www.amazon.co.uk/Tissot-T0356171103100-Gents-Couturier-Chronograph/dp/B002KPV00M/ref=mp_s_a_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1527861334&sr=8-13π=SL140_SX84_CR0,0,84,140&keywords=tissot+watch+for+men

Thanks they have some nice tissot watches on amazon!
I wouldn't buy a Tissot again - took over three months for them to fix the chronograph and now it's broken again.

Get a Certina DS podium - good quality Swiss watches.
SackCity6 h, 15 m ago

True. I want a good build, unique look/features, ideally solar, kinetic or …True. I want a good build, unique look/features, ideally solar, kinetic or automatic so I don't need to change the battery. I know the Mondaine is battery operated but it's the unique Stop2Go function that makes it stand out the 2nd in line I would say is the Citizen AT4007-54E Ecodrive, I saw this in a shop and it looks much better than the photos on Amazon.

My current watch is the predecessor to the Timex Grid Shock:
amazon.co.uk/Tim…h=1

It's definitely ticks the unique look box, I bought it because I like my digital watches to look take design advantage of the more flexible mechanism and too many of the ones around right now mimic analogue shapes.

They have stripped out most of the fancy features, but the thermometer and barometer required pretty specific conditions to work, and the compass just duplicates smartphone functionality. On the positive side, you should no longer need to change the battery every 1-2 years.
EndlessWaves15 h, 31 m ago

My current watch is the predecessor to the Timex Grid …My current watch is the predecessor to the Timex Grid Shock:https://www.amazon.co.uk/Timex-TW4B02500-Shock-Black-Resin/dp/B010GTJGO0/ref=sr_1_2?s=watch&ie=UTF8&qid=1527870397&sr=1-2&keywords=Timex+Grid+Shock&th=1It's definitely ticks the unique look box, I bought it because I like my digital watches to look take design advantage of the more flexible mechanism and too many of the ones around right now mimic analogue shapes.They have stripped out most of the fancy features, but the thermometer and barometer required pretty specific conditions to work, and the compass just duplicates smartphone functionality. On the positive side, you should no longer need to change the battery every 1-2 years.

Cheers, I'm looking for an analogue watch though.
SackCity21 h, 31 m ago

What do you guys think of this …What do you guys think of this one?https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tissot-Gents-Automatic-Visodate-T0194301605101/dp/B0041Q44UG

It’s ok. Are you definitely wanting a leather strap as opposed to SS?
Tissot Visodate is a personal favourite of mine.
sicklysweet7 h, 7 m ago

It’s ok. Are you definitely wanting a leather strap as opposed to SS?

I looked at the visodate in Ernest Jones today, it was underwhelming. I also looked at the citizen mentioned and that too wasn't that impressive.
McNabFish2nd Jun

Tissot Visodate is a personal favourite of mine.

I have this, I think its my favourite watch and I have a few!!! Looks great as a dress watch with a leather strap but also smart casual with a Nato strap. Great watch for the price!

OP, for a 'cheap' good watch you can't go wrong with a Tissot.
By the way I ended up getting the Visodate! The black one, the only issue is it reflects a hell of a lot!
Edited by: "SackCity" 7th Jun
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants