Groups
    EXPIRED

watching movies from a mac to a sony bravia tv

hi guys anyone know whats the best way to watch a movies from my pc to a tv
    many thanks for any advice or ideas, the more i read on line the more complicated it gets

14 Comments

It all depends on which type of Mac you have. If you have a mini displayport on the left hand side then you can buy a lead for around £10 from Amazon which is mini displayport to hdmi. Similarly, if you have mini dvi then Amazon also do these (mini dvi to hdmi). The lead I use is made by Neet and I've had real success with it (I have a white Macbook unibody 2010).

See here:
    amazon.co.uk/1-8…dmi

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Apple-Mini-adapter-cable-Neet®/dp/B001PLIS6Q/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1418021911&sr=8-2&keywords=mini+dvi+to+hdmi

Original Poster

roof30

It all depends on which type of Mac you have. If you have a mini … It all depends on which type of Mac you have. If you have a mini displayport on the left hand side then you can buy a lead for around £10 from Amazon which is mini displayport to hdmi. Similarly, if you have mini dvi then Amazon also do these (mini dvi to hdmi). The lead I use is made by Neet and I've had real success with it (I have a white Macbook unibody 2010).See here:http://www.amazon.co.uk/1-8m-DisplayPort-Thunderbolt-Adapter-Supports/dp/B003WVC8R2/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1418021843&sr=8-9&keywords=mini+displayport+to+hdmihttp://www.amazon.co.uk/Apple-Mini-adapter-cable-Neet®/dp/B001PLIS6Q/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1418021911&sr=8-2&keywords=mini+dvi+to+hdmi

thanks for your reply but cables cant be an option as my pc is too from from my tv

apple tv screen mirror bit more pricey than a cable it will do the same chap

Editor

Is it a SMART TV with DLNA?

Original Poster

BuzzDuraband

Is it a SMART TV with DLNA?

yes i have dnla on it

Editor

mercslkman

yes i have dnla on it

Use Plex as a media server installed on your PC/Mac, When setup up correctly your TV will pick up the files stored on the PC/Mac

Original Poster

BuzzDuraband

Use Plex as a media server installed on your PC/Mac, When setup up … Use Plex as a media server installed on your PC/Mac, When setup up correctly your TV will pick up the files stored on the PC/Mac

thanks ever so much will lookn into that when i get home

mercslkman

thanks for your reply but cables cant be an option as my pc is too from … thanks for your reply but cables cant be an option as my pc is too from from my tv

to stream to telly you need a cable. you can buy long cables?

Editor

mercslkman

thanks ever so much will lookn into that when i get home

No worries, if you get stuck and need a hand just shout me, happy to help.

Original Poster

mutley1

to stream to telly you need a cable. you can buy long cables?

dont think i can get that long of a cable, it would go from my computer room down a long hallway through my dining room and in to my living room

Original Poster

BuzzDuraband

No worries, if you get stuck and need a hand just shout me, happy to help.

thankyou

I use an Apple tv and an app called Beamer,drag and drop the movie file onto the app icon and it plays on the tv,no wires no fuss i use it everyday and it works perfectly every time.

coys67

I use an Apple tv and an app called Beamer,drag and drop the movie file … I use an Apple tv and an app called Beamer,drag and drop the movie file onto the app icon and it plays on the tv,no wires no fuss i use it everyday and it works perfectly every time.

Great tip. Beamer looks brilliant. £12 to buy or free if you only want to stream 15 minute movies (ideal for those taken with a phone, etc).

your looking for "media server" software (some free on app store)
    You can even put one on your iphone and check out all your selfies!!!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. any meerkat codes please for this next week 21st aug11
      2. VF retentions: £14pm - 20GB, unlim mins and texts22
      3. Best way to use Tesco club card vouchers?22
      4. Music download67

See more discussions