Expired

watchOS 4 warning

Found 19th Apr
If you have an Apple Watch, be careful about upgrading to watchOS 4 from watchOS 3, particularly if you have a Series 0 Watch.

The update took 6+ hours and after it was “done” it was stuck on the Apple Logo. I unplugged it from the charger and went to sleep. When I woke up 8 hours later, the Apple Watch wasn’t turning on (not even into power reserve) and wasn’t responding to any of the buttons.

I am 90% sure it had the Apple logo on overnight and it must have drained it (despite not being warm). I won’t know until I get home as I didn’t have time to mess around this morning.

This is just a warning as it may be a buggy update, or just that the Watch may not be able to handle it.

Before anyone comments something sarcastic (which is the basis of HUKD really ) yes I was stupid to buy one but I didn’t know about a Fitbit with heart rate at the time, or any other brands.
Community Updates
Misc
7 Comments
It's not you mate it's Apple they are the scumbags they fleece good folk out of there money and supply a crappy after service and when things go wrong they don't give a damn about your data
_Rappy_19th Apr

It's not you mate it's Apple they are the scumbags they fleece good folk …It's not you mate it's Apple they are the scumbags they fleece good folk out of there money and supply a crappy after service and when things go wrong they don't give a damn about your data

^^ unfortunately I’m permanently on Apple because I just couldn’t get used to Android and I got a virus from an app when I was using it before.

Tbh the Android watches are much better than the Apple ones, but at the time I don’t think they had heart rate and didn’t have an app for iOS that worked well enough.
Little update: well I put it back on charge when I got home and after half an hour it turned on. Stayed on the Apple logo, asked for my password, and then back stuck on the Apple logo again for the past half hour or so, now it’s finally on! Seems to be slower though
Edited by: "Mechtup" 19th Apr
Apple products are becoming more and more expensive and their quality has decreased significantly. We buy a lot of Apple kit at work and the amount of failures is massive compared to similar kit bought 2-3 years ago.
_Rappy_19th Apr

It's not you mate it's Apple they are the scumbags they fleece good folk …It's not you mate it's Apple they are the scumbags they fleece good folk out of there money and supply a crappy after service and when things go wrong they don't give a damn about your data

Obviously your experience has evidently been bad or you simply came here to bad mouth Apple over an experience you never had.

What you said is simply not true. I've had several issues with my iPhones in the past and the customer service has been faultless.
M0nk3h1 h, 14 m ago

Obviously your experience has evidently been bad or you simply came here …Obviously your experience has evidently been bad or you simply came here to bad mouth Apple over an experience you never had.What you said is simply not true. I've had several issues with my iPhones in the past and the customer service has been faultless.

Well woopty doo for you, i (and many more) have clashed heads with them so your "words of wisdom" and bad attempt to frustrate me by trying to call me a liar are as crass as can be.
look up Louis Rossmann on Youtube and cease being a lemon.
_Rappy_22nd Apr

Well woopty doo for you, i (and many more) have clashed heads with them so …Well woopty doo for you, i (and many more) have clashed heads with them so your "words of wisdom" and bad attempt to frustrate me by trying to call me a liar are as crass as can be.look up Louis Rossmann on Youtube and cease being a lemon.

Oh dear, you sure showed me! Damn.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants