water bill

Found 18th Nov 2017
so once again my water bill gone up, every bill goes up at least 2 pounds or more, but hey wages i think went up. 10p or something but too cut cost most cut working hours.

but anyway for a single person living in flat, my water bill on meter, gone up by two pounds, so now paying 25 a month for water, it's saying my average usage is 0.2m, which there say is about 5 showers or 353 pints of water.

to me that don't seem right as i only have a bath every like two days 3/4 or half full, run a washing machine twice a week , few pints of water too drink, half a sink for washing pots and 2 mins hand washing

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
Top comments

Don't you ever flush the toilet?
22 Comments

What my water company charge me: (metered)

If I had 365 showers (8 minute) a year only, using nothing else, approx £32. (£1.53 per cubic metre)
Other charges (sewerage etc) £116
Edited by: "steve.t" 19th Nov 2017

I should ask them to check your meter .I live on my own in a house on a meter my bill is £16 per month . Like you I have 2 or 3 baths a week, showers and a couple of washing machines a week . TBH I'm not over careful about water and also sprinkle the garden in summer .

Obviously make sure you haven't got any dripping taps and your toilet is shutting off after flushing. Make sure there is not an unpaid water bill you are paying off via your bills .

It is my understanding that water bills (unlike power bills) are pretty much the same over the different regions so I would consider £15 per month to be about par . It would be interesting to hear other members usage /bills but you should certainly ask the Water company to check your meter .
Edited by: "rogparki" 19th Nov 2017

psychobitchfromhell5 m ago

Obviously ! when the whiff becomes too much

You only bath every two days!?! I couldn't survive without at least one bath or shower a day (normally a shower in the morning and bath in the evening), I hate being smelly.

You could sell that copy of fifa 15 you don't know what to do with, might offset the rise in the water bill for a week or two.

barriey4 h, 7 m ago

You only bath every two days!?! I couldn't survive without at …You only bath every two days!?! I couldn't survive without at least one bath or shower a day (normally a shower in the morning and bath in the evening), I hate being smelly.You could sell that copy of fifa 15 you don't know what to do with, might offset the rise in the water bill for a week or two.

shower in the morning and bath in the evening , the stone age caveman is so disappointed in you right now
do you even male

A bath every two days? Nice

Original Poster

some people need too bath more, some people don't, it is actually recommended that you don't, as it can dry out ya skin and natural oils, after all some people sweat more, some people don't

Does seem overpriced, 2 of us live here, similar usage to op but also filling of hottub once a monthish and we only pay £25 a month

Original Poster

rogparki9 h, 3 m ago

I should ask them to check your meter .I live on my own in a house on a …I should ask them to check your meter .I live on my own in a house on a meter my bill is £16 per month . Like you I have 2 or 3 baths a week, showers and a couple of washing machines a week . TBH I'm not over careful about water and also sprinkle the garden in summer .Obviously make sure you haven't got any dripping taps and your toilet is shutting off after flushing. Make sure there is not an unpaid water bill you are paying off via your bills .It is my understanding that water bills (unlike power bills) are pretty much the same over the different regions so I would consider £15 per month to be about par . It would be interesting to hear other members usage /bills but you should certainly ask the Water company to check your meter .

there someone for billing will take a look, it started at 16 but been going up and up, water should be cheaper as it is renable and you need too live on

Original Poster

ainsy696 m ago

Does seem overpriced, 2 of us live here, similar usage to op but also …Does seem overpriced, 2 of us live here, similar usage to op but also filling of hottub once a monthish and we only pay £25 a month

i had too sort out virgin as well, the rich get richer and the poor get poorer

Water is renewable as you say but don't forget part of your bill is for sewerage and supply, not just the water you use. What setting do you have the washing machine on at? That can use a lot of water unnecessarily. A shower a day will use less water and be more hygienic than a bath every two if you are filling the tub three quarters full. Do you have any dripping taps? You're paying for that water if you do. Assuming you do flush the loo, has it a dual flush? There are also water saving devices which are usually available for free from your supplier. Daft things like leaving the tap running when you brush your teeth all add up over the year

Original Poster

psychobitchfromhell34 m ago

Water is renewable as you say but don't forget part of your bill is for …Water is renewable as you say but don't forget part of your bill is for sewerage and supply, not just the water you use. What setting do you have the washing machine on at? That can use a lot of water unnecessarily. A shower a day will use less water and be more hygienic than a bath every two if you are filling the tub three quarters full. Do you have any dripping taps? You're paying for that water if you do. Assuming you do flush the loo, has it a dual flush? There are also water saving devices which are usually available for free from your supplier. Daft things like leaving the tap running when you brush your teeth all add up over the year

yea there is like. 20 pounds less for sewage, plus 19 charge for standing water, washing machine on mixed wash, 2 and half hour run 1400c speed, 50c,, cold water supply, and i do use the extra rinse button, it only few years old.

the toilet doesn't have dual flush, and the water saving devices the only one i seen is for old toilet systems . it did have a drip leak year and half back, but as far as i am aware no more leaks. the water bill is now on par with the electric bill, i always thought the water bill. should be less than eletric.

Original Poster

jonmarz8941 s ago

yea there is like. 20 pounds less for sewage, plus 19 charge for standing …yea there is like. 20 pounds less for sewage, plus 19 charge for standing water, washing machine on mixed wash, 2 and half hour run 1400c speed, 50c,, cold water supply, and i do use the extra rinse button, it only few years old.the toilet doesn't have dual flush, and the water saving devices the only one i seen is for old toilet systems . it did have a drip leak year and half back, but as far as i am aware no more leaks. the water bill is now on par with the electric bill, i always thought the water bill. should be less than eletric.

Its just every 6 months it goes up,

psychobitchfromhell11 h, 8 m ago

If it's yellow let it mellow. If it's brown send it down.

You could always check you don't have any leaks. Take a meter reading last thing at night, don't use any water and check the reading in the morning. It shouldn't have moved. I do this about once a year, after a neighbour had a leak and was paying more than should have done.

marcb46176 h, 18 m ago

If it's yellow let it mellow. If it's brown send it down.

I was so not going to quote that....

jonmarz897 h, 25 m ago

yea there is like. 20 pounds less for sewage, plus 19 charge for standing …yea there is like. 20 pounds less for sewage, plus 19 charge for standing water, washing machine on mixed wash, 2 and half hour run 1400c speed, 50c,, cold water supply, and i do use the extra rinse button, it only few years old.the toilet doesn't have dual flush, and the water saving devices the only one i seen is for old toilet systems . it did have a drip leak year and half back, but as far as i am aware no more leaks. the water bill is now on par with the electric bill, i always thought the water bill. should be less than eletric.

The washing machine is going to be using a lot of water. Unless your clothes are really filthy, you could probably reduce that. As for the toilet, putting a brick in the cistern will do the same job. It just reduces the amount of water displaced. Hope that helps reduce the bill a bit.

jonmarz897 h, 29 m ago

Have a read at this. This could identify where all the water is going. Washing machine looks like it could be the culprit

Original Poster

psychobitchfromhell6 m ago

Have a read at this. This could identify where all the water is going. …Have a read at this. This could identify where all the water is going. Washing machine looks like it could be the culprit

how do u reduce washing machine, sometimes when clothes come out, some feel more dry than others,

jonmarz895 m ago

how do u reduce washing machine, sometimes when clothes come out, some …how do u reduce washing machine, sometimes when clothes come out, some feel more dry than others,

You reduce the amount of time you put it on for. If you have an economy setting, it will be much quicker and use less water. Also an extra rinse equals extra water. It isn't about how dry it comes out, that is about the spin speed. Check your instruction book, that should tell you how much water each cycle uses.

water usage is generally only less than half of the bill

the rest is sewerage/operational charges etc.

i pay about 25 for a 2 bed flat, we dont have baths we always shower. baths use a comparatively large amount of water.
Post a comment
@
    Text