Groups

Water bill problem, Where do I stand ?

Banned
    Hello All

Problem again with Welsh Water a bunch on chavs in a call centre with no manners at all.

I moved out of property A on 01/05/09 and my agent sorted the bills. Water meter wasnt accessible so we let him take the reading at a later date and give it to us.

He then took the reading on 30/05/09 and gave it to welsh water.

We recieved a bill at property B in June 09 for £153.72. I disputed the bill and they sent me a correct bill with stanging chrages upto 01/05/09 in first week of november.

I rang them on 3rd or 4th of november (they dont have any records stating this) and we agreed to pay the bill in three installments of £48.43 each.

The bill has a due date 10/11/09. I recieved a letter dated 03/11/09 from Bay debt collection regarding outstanding debt.

I rung welsh water on the 07/11/09 explaing them this problem, they refused to help saying they dont have any records of the payment plan and they wont take any money from me now. I have to deal with Bay debt collection. I refued to do so as I was dealing with welsh water and due date hasnt arrived.

Today I recieved a call from bay collection agency, I explained them what i discussed with welsh water and they said they dont believe this and said it wasnt true.

Straight after that I rung Welsh water and had an argument as they said they cant take money and dont have any records of me discussing the bill and wont explain why my account was passed on to debt collection before the due date on bill.

Debt collection agency is now harrassing me to pay the bill.

I dont wanna deal with debt collection agency as this would have an impact on my credit rating.

What are my rights ?

Thank you

11 Comments

Citizens advice Buraeu.... they shoudl be able to help, you will need evidence, i.e. statements, bills, pphone records etc

Nothing much you can do im afraid - they have sold the debt on.
    As you have nothing in writing regarding the payment plan then you have no proof.
    The debt agency will try to help you out so give them a phone.

Original Poster Banned

BabySmurfette;6915953

Nothing much you can do im afraid - they have sold the debt on.As you … Nothing much you can do im afraid - they have sold the debt on.As you have nothing in writing regarding the payment plan then you have no proof.The debt agency will try to help you out so give them a phone.

Well I simply refuse to do so. I had my dealings with welsh water and until the bill became due letters from debt recovery are classed as harassment.

Do you have proof of your phonecall on the 3rd or 4th - like a phonebill with the call details
    ?

I had similar problems with british gas a while back, and when I spoke with them on a number of different occasions no-one apparently could find any record of previous conversations.

Best thing to do is try to remember dates/length of calls etc (do you have an itemised phone bill). Write them a letter stating all of the information you have including when you phoned, what was discussed/agreed etc. Also state that you consider the debt collection agency involvement as harrassment and that you'll be taking legal advice on the matter. Also make your willingness to pay the outstanding amount clear, in accordance with the payment plan previously agreed.

I did the above and miraculously it was soon sorted. I also sent a copy of the letter marked private and confidential to the managing director.

ccwater.org.uk/ser…817

All else fails contact the ombudsman and get them to look into it....

Banned

your credit rating will have already been affected. I would just pay the arrears and move on before late fees start to accrue

I always find shouting at them in a really condescending tone helps, seriously.

http://www.yentang.com/blog/uploaded_images/simpsons_nelson_haha2-761053.jpg

Banned

your credit rating shouldn't be affected as it isn't credit, and unless they get a ccj they shouldn't really be reporting to cra's.
    Ask fora copy of their complaint proceedure and work through it

Original Poster Banned

csiman;6916423

your credit rating will have already been affected. I would just pay the … your credit rating will have already been affected. I would just pay the arrears and move on before late fees start to accrue

Paying the bill is me accepting they are right.

I love disputes. LOl

gR8_mUndA;6918431

Paying the bill is me accepting they are right.I love disputes. LOl

Fight back forums for you then xx
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Which Kodi Add-ons?1314
      2. Type 11, 21 or 22 Radiators?23
      3. Just an thought regarding Paypal88
      4. Sweet Sunday code please22