Water damaged phone - What are my options

15 replies
Found 30th Mar 2010
Hello

I have a water damaged phone. Can anybody tell me what are my options
The repair centre will not take it as water corrodes the motherboard and everything.Hence i will have to buy a new phone

So anybody has any idea to make use of it?

Thanks

15 Comments

mazuma will still buy them water damaged I put mine through a 40 degree wash funnily enough it didn't work after but still got about a tenner for it and it was quite an old one. Think the other sites like envirophone etc will take them too

Paperweight?

Spriggan;8244159

Paperweight?

LOL !!

Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestion

But i use other appropriate objects as paper weight

Stick it on eBay, people sometimes buy faulty phones for a decent amount of money.

For future reference, if a phone gets water damaged there's 2 main things you should do:
1) DONT try turning it on
2) Take off the covers, battery and other removable components then stick it in a bowl of rice. Rice is really good at absorbing moisture, and after a couple of days it will be worth putting it back together and turning it on.

Original Poster

MrBrightside1987;8244248

Stick it on eBay, people sometimes buy faulty phones for a decent amount … Stick it on eBay, people sometimes buy faulty phones for a decent amount of money.For future reference, if a phone gets water damaged there's 2 main things you should do:1) DONT try turning it on2) Take off the covers, battery and other removable components then stick it in a bowl of rice. Rice is really good at absorbing moisture, and after a couple of days it will be worth putting it back together and turning it on.

Thanks. Wht happened is i decided to take a shower with the mobile and realized the mobile was wet only today. Much later

Original Poster

lotifer;8244127

mazuma will still buy them water damaged I put mine through a 40 degree … mazuma will still buy them water damaged I put mine through a 40 degree wash funnily enough it didn't work after but still got about a tenner for it and it was quite an old one. Think the other sites like envirophone etc will take them too

Thanks. Mazuma is offering a good deal and i am sending it to them

Thanks

metalking;8244339

Thanks. Wht happened is i decided to take a shower with the mobile and … Thanks. Wht happened is i decided to take a shower with the mobile and realized the mobile was wet only today. Much later

You took a shower with your mobile...?

DragonChris;8244369

You took a shower with your mobile...?

Do you really want to know?

electriclinux;8244401

Do you really want to know?

Kinda curious actually :whistling:

DragonChris;8244526

You don't know what the answer might be:w00t:

Perhaps the video will be on Youtube lol

Original Poster

deb8z;8244577

You don't know what the answer might be:w00t:

DragonChris;8244526

Well i will clear the doubt once and for all . I was drunk and took a bath with Mobile,Wallet and ID Cards and keys

metalking;8250848

Well i will clear the doubt once and for all . I was drunk and took a … Well i will clear the doubt once and for all . I was drunk and took a bath with Mobile,Wallet and ID Cards and keys

Aww, I think we were expecting some form of mobile phone and water fettish...

(Eejit)

.. ahhh it all makes sense now... does the vibrate function work in the bath? :whistling:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247554
    2. Sony announce £35,000 PlayStation Pro bundle...1217
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769184
    4. 5am gym crew20137

See more discussions