'Water' Damaged Sony Ericcson c905 - repair or replace?

7 replies
Found 22nd Apr 2009
My daughter has managed to chew on my phone, and whereas there is barely any physical damage to it, some of the keys on the keypad now do not work....

What I'm wondering is....is it worth paying £50 odd to have it repaired by a seller on the bay? And has anyone ever used this service?

Or should I just replace?

Thanks in advance for any help

1. Misc
  2. Sony
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Sony
7 Comments

HI,

The keys not working is a common problem with the 905.
I took it to a CPW repair centre, and got it repaired through warranty.
Hope that helps, great fone, not great build quality.

Original Poster

Slapchops;4995615

HI,The keys not working is a common problem with the 905.I took it to a … HI,The keys not working is a common problem with the 905.I took it to a CPW repair centre, and got it repaired through warranty.Hope that helps, great fone, not great build quality.

Hmm so it might just be worth me taking it to Vodafone and sending it off for repair first. Interesting, might give that a go first!

Thanks

Voda wont touch it m8 take one look at the battery (Red Akline) and send it back to you,take it to your local shop who will put it in a PCB bath and gently clean the board hit or miss with water damage cost between £20 to £30

spitroast

deffo take it to vodafone shop, they will send it off for free if you're on contract

Original Poster

spit roast;4996143

Voda wont touch it m8 take one look at the battery (Red Akline) and send … Voda wont touch it m8 take one look at the battery (Red Akline) and send it back to you,take it to your local shop who will put it in a PCB bath and gently clean the board hit or miss with water damage cost between £20 to £30spitroast

SunTzu;4996310

deffo take it to vodafone shop, they will send it off for free if you're … deffo take it to vodafone shop, they will send it off for free if you're on contract

Well I took my phone to the Vodafone shop early last week, FINALLY had the message to go pick it up....

They couldn't fix it within the timescale so have sent me a new one!

:thumbsup:

Banned

Try mazuma, and get £55 of Argos vouchers for it. Buy yourself a new PAYG phone and put your sim card in

mazumamobile.com/sel…ew&

Dont forget quidco, only £1.50

Original Poster

sculpturatus;5145057

Try mazuma, and get £55 of Argos vouchers for it. Buy yourself a new … Try mazuma, and get £55 of Argos vouchers for it. Buy yourself a new PAYG phone and put your sim card inhttp://www.mazumamobile.com/sell_mobile_phone.php?action=view&prod=1215Dont forget quidco, only £1.50

Errr, dumb question but why would I want £55 of Argos Vouchers when it's worth about £200 :?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769529
    2. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604822
    3. Add one, leave one game54415451
    4. word association Game74244928

See more discussions