Water Feature for the Garden

Posted 8th Apr
Hi all,
I have been trying to make the garden a bit nicer, as we maybe on lockdown for some time to come. So last weekend I put in a small pond, and a solar water fountain, and I am really pleased with it.
It got me thinking I have a spare shower screen, and a spare fish tank. I think it would make a lovely water feature. I was thinking about supporting the shower screen inside of the fish tank, and using a pump to send the water up to the top of the shower screen, and then for it to fall down again into the fish tank.
I was just wondering if anyone could advise on what sort of water pump I would require please, or if anyone has built/saw something similar they could share?

Many Thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

5 Comments
Can you post a pic of the pond? Or say how big it is? What brand of fountain? I was thinking of a small waterfall on our pond site to help aerate the water, but all the pumps e.g. Hozelok are mains powered large affairs, too deep for our current small pond.
harrythefish08/04/2020 17:51

Can you post a pic of the pond? Or say how big it is? What brand of …Can you post a pic of the pond? Or say how big it is? What brand of fountain? I was thinking of a small waterfall on our pond site to help aerate the water, but all the pumps e.g. Hozelok are mains powered large affairs, too deep for our current small pond.

Certainly.
The pond is this one:
amazon.co.uk/gp/…c=1

And the fountain is this one:
amazon.co.uk/gp/…c=1

The pond is quite small, but it is only for a small space. I am really impressed with the fountain, but it maybe a bit too powerful for the pond size, as it sprays the water over the edges of the pond. It also does not store the solar energy, so if the sunlight goes, the fountain stops. But tat is not too much of a problem for me.
The problem for you will be to find a solar pump with enough oomph to lift the head of water you'll need to get to the top of the shower screen . The max lift on yours is 80cm so that's a non starter. Don't forget to measure the head from the pump at it's lowest position - usually at the bottom of the sump.

This is a random unit just to give an idea of price range :
amazon.co.uk/Lar…VXSIf Best option if you want to do this (good idea btw) would be to get a decent mains pump
Xippi08/04/2020 21:04

The problem for you will be to find a solar pump with enough oomph to lift …The problem for you will be to find a solar pump with enough oomph to lift the head of water you'll need to get to the top of the shower screen . The max lift on yours is 80cm so that's a non starter. Don't forget to measure the head from the pump at it's lowest position - usually at the bottom of the sump.This is a random unit just to give an idea of price range :https://www.amazon.co.uk/Large-Powered-Feature-Fountain-Battery/dp/B07BBNWJP7/ref=psdc_1939518031_t1_B005I2XVXSIf Best option if you want to do this (good idea btw) would be to get a decent mains pump

Thank you, for this one, I will be able to use a mains pump, so that's great news. I shall measure the height of the shower screen tomorrow, but it is defo going to be higher than 80cm.
allsa00108/04/2020 22:20

Thank you, for this one, I will be able to use a mains pump, so that's …Thank you, for this one, I will be able to use a mains pump, so that's great news. I shall measure the height of the shower screen tomorrow, but it is defo going to be higher than 80cm.

Aye..unless you put it sideways
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions