Water flosser recommendation?

Posted 30th Jan
Been looking for a water flosser for a while, had a look at all the usual brands.. Oral B, Panasonic and Waterpik.

They seem to have a lot of decent reviews but then there also seem to be a lot of reviews saying how they fail after a few months.

Anyone have one they are currently using and would recommend?
Thanks!
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

26 Comments
I've had both a Philips Airfloss and a Panasonic, and can wholeheartedly tell you to go with the Panny. It's cheaper, takes standard AA batteries (get some decent rechargeables) and fires a constant stream rather than a geriatric splutter like "blast". It's much better.

amazon.co.uk/Pan…8-4
Edited by: "Krooner" 30th Jan
Tbh I’ve tried the Phillips and you’re better off flossing regularly. It’s no substitute.
I had a Philips airfloss that was pretty decent for about a month but then it died. I looked into getting a replacement or another brand and none of them had very good reviews when it came to longevity so I just went back to regular flossing instead!
Krooner30/01/2020 17:05

I've had both a Philips Airfloss and a Panasonic, and can wholeheartedly …I've had both a Philips Airfloss and a Panasonic, and can wholeheartedly tell you to go with the Panny. It's cheaper, takes standard AA batteries (get some decent rechargeables) and fires a constant stream rather than a geriatric splutter like "blast". It's much better.https://www.amazon.co.uk/Panasonic-Flosser-Cordless-Irrigator-Operated/dp/B002NKLWES/ref=sr_1_4?crid=3ROJMZ2HUOWVJ&keywords=panasonic+flosser&qid=1580404913&sprefix=panasonic+fl%2Caps%2C156&sr=8-4

Thank you
Psychobunni30/01/2020 18:05

I had a Philips airfloss that was pretty decent for about a month but then …I had a Philips airfloss that was pretty decent for about a month but then it died. I looked into getting a replacement or another brand and none of them had very good reviews when it came to longevity so I just went back to regular flossing instead!

Sounds about right
Psychobunni30/01/2020 18:05

I had a Philips airfloss that was pretty decent for about a month but then …I had a Philips airfloss that was pretty decent for about a month but then it died. I looked into getting a replacement or another brand and none of them had very good reviews when it came to longevity so I just went back to regular flossing instead!

That's why I went with the Panasonic. You can use your own batteires. Went through 2of the Philips.
Edited by: "Krooner" 30th Jan
Waterpik Ultra Water Flosser WP120 £64.99 @ Boots extra £10 worth of Advantage card points boots.com/wat…257
Had the Waterpik Ultra WP100 since 2013, still works really well
ellenw30/01/2020 18:51

Waterpik Ultra Water Flosser WP120 £64.99 @ Boots extra £10 worth of A …Waterpik Ultra Water Flosser WP120 £64.99 @ Boots extra £10 worth of Advantage card points https://www.boots.com/waterpik-ultra-water-flosser-wp-120uk-10166257Had the Waterpik Ultra WP100 since 2013, still works really well

Thank you
I have the Fairywill Water Flosser. Currently £29.99 on Amazon, but if you get the VIPOn app, there's regular discount codes for them. Think I paid less than £10.

It works perfectly fine. Holds enough water, has enough power, constant stream of water and rarely needs charged.
Been using this one twice a day since May , no issues , recharges very quickly with a standard plug , £22.99 on amazon , amazon.co.uk/gp/…c=1
No idea what they are like, but look good

Lidl

Water Jet Flosser: 3 water jet settings £19.99
RYANdeals30/01/2020 19:59

I have the Fairywill Water Flosser. Currently £29.99 on Amazon, but if you …I have the Fairywill Water Flosser. Currently £29.99 on Amazon, but if you get the VIPOn app, there's regular discount codes for them. Think I paid less than £10.It works perfectly fine. Holds enough water, has enough power, constant stream of water and rarely needs charged.

I agree with this^

Durability isn’t great though. I dropped it once from a fairly small distance, and it snapped on the inside, rendering it unusable.
I tried one I got of amazon from a deal at Christmas time and used it (or tried to use it) once. Messy is an understatement, I wasn’t prepared at all for the splash back of water onto the mirror and I looked like I had been caught out in a rain fall once it had finished. There must be a knack to using them but regular flossing it is for me.
Phillips airfloss is amazing
tinkerbellian30/01/2020 20:36

Been using this one twice a day since May , no issues , recharges very …Been using this one twice a day since May , no issues , recharges very quickly with a standard plug , £22.99 on amazon , https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07CTPMPKX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks, defo handy having a standard plug!
RYANdeals30/01/2020 19:59

I have the Fairywill Water Flosser. Currently £29.99 on Amazon, but if you …I have the Fairywill Water Flosser. Currently £29.99 on Amazon, but if you get the VIPOn app, there's regular discount codes for them. Think I paid less than £10.It works perfectly fine. Holds enough water, has enough power, constant stream of water and rarely needs charged.

Nice one I will check out the app now, cheers!
Edited by: "jjo9" 30th Jan
AllyOxenFree30/01/2020 21:11

I tried one I got of amazon from a deal at Christmas time and used it (or …I tried one I got of amazon from a deal at Christmas time and used it (or tried to use it) once. Messy is an understatement, I wasn’t prepared at all for the splash back of water onto the mirror and I looked like I had been caught out in a rain fall once it had finished. There must be a knack to using them but regular flossing it is for me.

Ahh lol that sounds like a pain! I will probably end up the same

I tried one I got of amazon from a deal at Christmas time and used it (or …I tried one I got of amazon from a deal at Christmas time and used it (or tried to use it) once. Messy is an understatement, I wasn’t prepared at all for the splash back of water onto the mirror and I looked like I had been caught out in a rain fall once it had finished. There must be a knack to using them but regular flossing it is for me.

Yep there’s a knack I was the same but now it’s second nature to me. Just don’t look in the mirror.

Definitely takes a little practice but once you have it worked out it’s worth it !
I got a 20 quid one off Amazon to test the waters, so to speak. I still have it 3 years later. Charge lasts about 6 months when using it twice a week.
Danze198431/01/2020 08:19

I got a 20 quid one off Amazon to test the waters, so to speak. I still …I got a 20 quid one off Amazon to test the waters, so to speak. I still have it 3 years later. Charge lasts about 6 months when using it twice a week.

Do you happen to have a link or remember the name? Cheers
jjo931/01/2020 09:10

Do you happen to have a link or remember the name? Cheers

I've looked at my order and It's not available anymore, but it's identical to this one. amazon.co.uk/iTe…-17

Mine is a MARNUR one, but you find it a lot with things like this, one Chinese company makes a standard one and then 10 other companies with English sounding names put their name on it.
Danze198431/01/2020 09:18

I've looked at my order and It's not available anymore, but it's identical …I've looked at my order and It's not available anymore, but it's identical to this one. https://www.amazon.co.uk/iTeknic-Professional-Irrigator-Waterproof-Rechargeable/dp/B07NQ15ZT2/ref=sr_1_17?keywords=water+flosser&qid=1580462106&s=drugstore&sr=1-17Mine is a MARNUR one, but you find it a lot with things like this, one Chinese company makes a standard one and then 10 other companies with English sounding names put their name on it.

Thanks mate
jjo931/01/2020 09:52

Thanks mate

No probs. I was in the same boat as you and thought I'd try out a cheaper one first to see if I actually bothered with it. Highly recommend it anyway. I might try a more expensive one when it dies, but for £20 I've definitely had my money's worth.

Did you use it with your mouth open?

I know some manuals recommend you can leave your mouth open and let the water just constantly run out, but it's easy enough using with your mouth closed and rinsing out every 10 seconds or so. And you can just feel along your teeth with the head to know where the gaps are as opposed to trying to see them.
RYANdeals31/01/2020 11:10

Did you use it with your mouth open?I know some manuals recommend you can …Did you use it with your mouth open?I know some manuals recommend you can leave your mouth open and let the water just constantly run out, but it's easy enough using with your mouth closed and rinsing out every 10 seconds or so. And you can just feel along your teeth with the head to know where the gaps are as opposed to trying to see them.

Yes I did and was looking into the mirror I will definitely give it another try tonight. Thanks for tip
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants