Groups

Water inside double glazing

Wondered if there's any way to remove?

When we get a hot day (like today) our bedroom window ends up with water covering the inside, presumably evaporates then condenses. It makes the window really pony to look through.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

28 Comments

believe this happens because your window panels aren't sealed properley, thus letting in condensation, i think you have to get the panes replaced to solve this problem, don't quote me though:thumbsup:

We had this with one of ours and had to have it replaced as the seal had gone.

You might be able to find a double glazer who can repair them but the long term solution is more likely to be new glass. Are the windows still under warranty?

Original Poster

waycash;4686419

believe this happens because your window panels aren't sealed properley, … believe this happens because your window panels aren't sealed properley, thus letting in condensation, i think you have to get the panes replaced to solve this problem, don't quote me though:thumbsup:

I was thinking that, I guess £50 - £100 roughly. Might just open the window instead!

Original Poster

tony_s1;4686428

You might be able to find a double glazer who can repair them but the … You might be able to find a double glazer who can repair them but the long term solution is more likely to be new glass. Are the windows still under warranty?

Not a chance, they've been there for ages.

Looks like a replacement is the way, thanks for your answers.

Banned

As the others have said, the vacumn seal has broken allowing the moisture and air to enter. Only solution - replace the sealed unit.

Original Poster

lol, looks like everyone's got this problem!!

hi unfortunately your windows have "broken down". thats the technical term, the seals around the two panes of glass have allowed moisture to enter, the easiest way to cure it is to get new panes of glass, there are loads of companies that can do this, and its really a common problem, oh make sure the people you get are glass and glazing registered or fensa approved, this reduces the danger of it happening again

We had the same when we moved in. Landlord got them replaced them at their expense

oh the repair would cost more as the labour needed takes longer than a new make up

Banned

guv;4686450

As the others have said, the vacumn seal has broken allowing the moisture … As the others have said, the vacumn seal has broken allowing the moisture and air to enter. Only solution - replace the sealed unit.

DGU s don't have a vacuum but these days they can be argon filled for better insulation, or even krypton. Fensa or Certass reg. companies will do. ask for low e glass. These days most DGU are guaranteed for 10 years. Are they internally glazed ?

Banned

goldmax;4686701

DGU s don't have a vacuum but these days they can be argon filled for … DGU s don't have a vacuum but these days they can be argon filled for better insulation, or even krypton. Fensa or Certass reg. companies will do. ask for low e glass. These days most DGU are guaranteed for 10 years. Are they internally glazed ?

Yeh good point.

Good to see somebody use the word 'pony'.

Banned

Pony???
    When communicating, isn't it advisable to use words that more than 2 people are aware of, thereby actually COMMUNICATING?

25 Great British Pounds Sterling

or in this case ........pony and trap....... LOL Shut up Pluun do you know what that means? Only messing with you bud.... its a simple google away and you cant type the word that means the same thing (in this context) cos of swear filter.

Banned

Xiwt;4687216

or in this case ........pony and trap....... LOL Shut up Pluun do you … or in this case ........pony and trap....... LOL Shut up Pluun do you know what that means? Only messing with you bud.... its a simple google away and you cant type the word that means the same thing (in this context) cos of swear filter.

I've just "Simply googled pony" and the 1st 16 results didn't give the answer you did.
    Can you please do the same and tell me how far I need to trawl before it appears?
    And also, how am I to know which result is the one I need?
    To me, "simply" asking in here was more efficient, lots more!:whistling:

:-D

Did you try this ]link?

And do not miss quote me, ta.

Banned

Xiwt;4687453

Did you try this ]link?And do not miss quote me, ta.

No, I didn't but it's nice of you to admit to being a n00b :-D

Pluun;4687150

Pony???When communicating, isn't it advisable to use words that more than … Pony???When communicating, isn't it advisable to use words that more than 2 people are aware of, thereby actually COMMUNICATING?

I admit it all the time when I don't understand things.... instead of saying only 2 people understand.

Banned

Xiwt;4687759

I admit it all the time when I don't understand things.... instead of … I admit it all the time when I don't understand things.... instead of saying only 2 people understand.

The proof is out there.
    There were only 2 people who obviously knew.:-D

Right... and the proof is what exactly?!...My maths is terrible...not as bad as yours though it seems...

Banned

Xiwt;4687928

Right... and the proof is what exactly?!...My maths is terrible...not as … Right... and the proof is what exactly?!...My maths is terrible...not as bad as yours though it seems...

Only 2 out of 17 mentioned it.
    Looks like a minority to me.
    And while we're on about minorities.
    It is rhyming slang, invented by Cockneys to keep "outsiders" unaware of what they were saying and therefore protecting their jobs in the dockyards.
    To suggest that everyone should know what it means is defeating the original purpose.

Please heed some wise words, the meaning of which, unlike the lovely but insullar Cockneys is very clear.
    A closed mouth avoids the foot.:thumbsup:

Original Poster

WTF???????

Pony, as in not very good. Kinda obvious given the context!

Pluun;4688394

Only 2 out of 17 mentioned it.Looks like a minority to me.And while we're … Only 2 out of 17 mentioned it.Looks like a minority to me.And while we're on about minorities.It is rhyming slang, invented by Cockneys to keep "outsiders" unaware of what they were saying and therefore protecting their jobs in the dockyards.To suggest that everyone should know what it means is defeating the original purpose.Please heed some wise words, the meaning of which, unlike the lovely but insullar Cockneys is very clear.A closed mouth avoids the foot.:thumbsup:

Clearly I choose not to heed those 'wise' words.

I thought you might have said that your 2 people statement was a figure of speech but I was clearly wrong to have thought that.

I'm not even cockney...so they have not succeeded in your theory about the origins or intentions of the slang...however, I am from the UK (as one would imagine the majority of the users would be on a site intended for a uk audience)

I don't suggest that everyone should know the meaning and never have ... people are free to communicate however they want (provided it passes the auto censors lol!) as are you...

You expressed your opinion that because YOU didn't understand the meaning initially, the OP should not have used the word... that is fine... but by the same token I am also allowed to express my opinion which I did...

I know I typed "...LOL Shut up Pluun do you know what that means?! Only messing with you bud..." If you are offended by this please accept my sincere apologies I thought you would have taken it as a joke as I whole heartidly intended, hence the "Only messing with you bud..."

T'is getting late and I'm a slow typer have a good night and I don't want to argue with you anymore about how we should all communicate.

Here are the top ten cockney rhyming slang classics from ...you guessed it ... cockneyrhymingslang.co.uk/ :

1 Apples and Pears from Danny with 2303 ratings
    2 Adam and Eve from with 820 ratings
    3 Kettle from Danny with 733 ratings
    4 Pony and Trap from Danny with 589 ratings
    5 Butcher's Hook from Danny with 567 ratings
    6 A la Mode from Craig with 564 ratings
    7 Ruby Murray from Danny with 543 ratings
    8 Trouble and Strife from Danny with 537 ratings
    9 Ace of Spades from Seanzy with 524 ratings
    10 Barnet Fair from Danny with 496 ratings

Have a good night and honestly I'm not one to hold grudges and try and put people down... but if I'm pushed I give better than I get. Let's just say we got off on the wrong foot and live and let live.

Feel free to 'open your mouth'...I won't stick a foot in it.

Peace.

Banned

Benjimoron;4688940

WTF???????Pony, as in not very good. Kinda obvious given the context!

Well, benji, given your chosen name.....it could have meant anything:thumbsup:

Banned

"give better than I get"
    I don't think so-o-o-o ;-)

Pluun;4689070

I don't think so-o-o-o ;-)

This is my TRUE response
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    I shall take that as a joke goodnight!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I didn't take that as a joke and thought you were pushing me this I would have said
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You don't think so-o-o-o ?!

Well everyone that has ever argued with me KNOWS SO.

I take it that is your noob pathetic attempt to test me?

I could give you statistics on who thinks what you think in this thread if you like...

That is why you are and I quote your current location "In a world of your own".
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. love affairs79
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767214
      3. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927343
      4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047100

See more discussions