Groups

water pressure - can it affect washing machine load times?

Hey

my washine machie is taking 4 - yes 4! hours for a basic wash load, i know this is outrageous, the manual says for the program i use 80 minutes

before i call the manufacturer can anyone tell me if my poor water pressure can cause this?

thank you

29 Comments

Yea.....but not that long :thinking:, is the cold water valve turned on fully ?

sometimes the waste pipe can go too far down the outlet causing a suction effect!! try pulling it partially out first!!

Also, check the filter is clean too as ours does similar if needs cleaning.

Original Poster

thank you guys

will check those bits when the load finishes....that i put on at 12.30 :-(

Is it a new machine? Do you have a hot and cold inlet pipe?

Original Poster

yep fairly new, washer/dryer

cold inlet only

loupomm;2983064

yep fairly new, washer/dryercold inlet only

It could also be that the cold water is taking ages to heat then, next time you start a cycle leave the soap drawer open you should be able to see the water going into that and hear it too, let us know if you think that that is a good pressure going into that (i.e. is it dribbling in slowly or spraying in with good pressure)

Original Poster

RedIron;2983091

It could also be that the cold water is taking ages to heat then, next … It could also be that the cold water is taking ages to heat then, next time you start a cycle leave the soap drawer open you should be able to see the water going into that and hear it too, let us know if you think that that is a good pressure going into that (i.e. is it dribbling in slowly or spraying in with good pressure)

yes ive done that, it kind of dribbles, deffo not good pressure which is why i thought it might be cos of the pressure, non of my past machines have taken 4 hours tho, im perplexed

loupomm;2983149

yes ive done that, it kind of dribbles, deffo not good pressure which is … yes ive done that, it kind of dribbles, deffo not good pressure which is why i thought it might be cos of the pressure, non of my past machines have taken 4 hours tho, im perplexed

Check that when the machine has been pushed back into the cubby you haven't put a kink into the cold pipe

It's a very common thing to do believe it or not, the best way to check is to pull the machine out out of the cubby as far as it will go without having to take the pipes off and run it from there

Original Poster

RedIron;2983176

Check that when the machine has been pushed back into the cubby you … Check that when the machine has been pushed back into the cubby you haven't put a kink into the cold pipeIt's a very common thing to do believe it or not, the best way to check is to pull the machine out out of the cubby as far as it will go without having to take the pipes off and run it from there

good idea, thank you will add it to my list of things to check :thumbsup:

loupomm;2983192

good idea, thank you will add it to my list of things to check :thumbsup:

No problems, i'm sure that your problem will lie with either the tap not being turned on fully or having a kink in your pipe by the sound of things

Did you install the machine yourself?

Original Poster

RedIron;2983207

No problems, i'm sure that your problem will lie with either the tap not … No problems, i'm sure that your problem will lie with either the tap not being turned on fully or having a kink in your pipe by the sound of things[COLOR="Magenta"]Did you install the machine yourself[/COLOR]?

yes i did :oops: with help from a neighbour, but all he did really was push it into the alcove, maybe i botched it :-(

loupomm;2983219

yes i did :oops: with help from a neighbour, but all he did really was … yes i did :oops: with help from a neighbour, but all he did really was push it into the alcove, maybe i botched it :-(

I would definitely say then that it's a kink in the pipe then, if it is at least you can blame him :whistling:

Original Poster

he he he

load still going from 12.30....

called manufacturer, they are coming monday, so i have till then to ensure its not me or i'll incur a charge of £47.99 :shock:

loupomm;2983568

he he heload still going from 12.30....called manufacturer, they are … he he heload still going from 12.30....called manufacturer, they are coming monday, so i have till then to ensure its not me or i'll incur a charge of £47.99 :shock:

Try everything [SIZE="4"][COLOR="Magenta"]quick!!![/COLOR][/SIZE]

thats a bloomin rip off innit :x

What a ripoff callout fee - hope you get it sorted as cheaply as possible!

Original Poster

ok lol, i had to turn off the machine and reset to just a spin to finish of the load or gawd knows how long it would of taken, surely it must be the machine, nothing my end could make it take 7 + hours lol

will investigate further tomorrow

thank you all

Original Poster

update - i have pulled out the machine and it def looks like there was a kink in the water pipe, i have put on a load and it already SOUNDS better!, the loads should finish around 2 so fingers crossed it was that, so i can cancel the call out for monday - next worry will be how to get it back in the alcove without getting another kink.....

Original Poster

yay!! its finished its cycle!! woohooo

now i gotta get it back without the kink

thank you all guys

lol don't worry you'll be surprised at the amount of people who do it

When you put the machine back if you try to tuck the hose away at first if you can then gently push the machine back, if you can reach over and hold the hose whilst your pushing the machine back that's even better(then gently feed it down the back as your pushing the machine back)

Original Poster

yeah but im still embarrassed lol :oops:

the area is eclosed in so i can only push it back without getting to the pipes :-( i'll just have to hit and miss i guess, least i know why if it plays up lol

loupomm;2989858

yeah but im still embarrassed lol :oops:the area is eclosed in so i can … yeah but im still embarrassed lol :oops:the area is eclosed in so i can only push it back without getting to the pipes :-( i'll just have to hit and miss i guess, least i know why if it plays up lol

Don't be embarrassed blame your neighbour :thumbsup:

If you didn't ask either you'd be paying a call out charge on Monday for an engineer to come round and tell you that you put a kink in your pipe, that would be more embarrassing than a bunch of strangers on the internet knowing!

If you tie a bit of string around the pipe, that way if when you do push it back it gets another kink you can gently yank the string and move the pipe hopefully getting rid of the new kink without pulling the machine out again. You can also pull the string tight and then gently lower the pipe back using that when you push the machine back

Original Poster

RedIron;2989906

Don't be embarrassed blame your neighbour :thumbsup:If you didn't ask … Don't be embarrassed blame your neighbour :thumbsup:If you didn't ask either you'd be paying a call out charge on Monday for an engineer to come round and tell you that you put a kink in your pipe, that would be more embarrassing than a bunch of strangers on the internet knowing!If you tie a bit of string around the pipe, that way if when you do push it back it gets another kink you can gently yank the string and move the pipe hopefully getting rid of the new kink without pulling the machine out again. You can also pull the string tight and then gently lower the pipe back using that when you push the machine back

thank you - great idea :-D - rep left

Banned

80 mins seems excessive for a basic load anyway.

my bosch takes 37 mins for a full load!

Original Poster

csiman;2990913

80 mins seems excessive for a basic load anyway.my bosch takes 37 mins … 80 mins seems excessive for a basic load anyway.my bosch takes 37 mins for a full load!

maybe, but i cannot afford a bosch :-D

Banned

loupomm;2990961

mine was £239 incl delivery

loupomm;2990961

You should try this;

clearance-comet.co.uk/

It's where comet auction of their return machines, usually because they are cosmetically factory damaged but seeing as you have your machine in an alcove any damage to the sides, rear or top is unnoticeable

There is some very good savings to be had on there

Original Poster

thank you - i'll bear it mind for the future, as ive only had mine for 4 months i'll stick it out till i need to replace it

Original Poster

dcx_badass;2991415

Make sure you cancel the guy coming out~!

:whistling::whistling:

already done :-D
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. BBQ Lighter Fuel or Gel22
      2. laptop for editing 4k videos (3840×2160p 30 fps)11
      3. Customs charged too much for a little item!67
      4. Do you use a case on your iPhone?1414

See more discussions