Found 15th May
I work indoors and outdoors and when it rains my trousers can get wet don't want to put on waterproof over trousers as Tey can get hot when I go back in doors and with summer coming up need something light cool and waterproof

12 Comments

we have an army and navy store local that does these kinds of things. waterproof trousers that look like normal trousers. I think if you look at gardeners attire you may find something as my hubby had to buy them for a gardeners job.

not sure how helpful that is but that's all I can add.

Try something like regatta 'stretch' trousers. They're lightweight & although not waterproof they dry really quickly.

Craghoppers do waterproof trousers or splashproof ones which are probably thinner. I have a pair of their waterproof ones which look like normal hiking trousers. They are very good.

there's loads of reduced salewa clothes on Amazon at the moment, worth a look. their waterproof trousers are superb

or wash your own trousers with nikwax and make them waterproof

it will be difficult to get trousers that do not get wet unless you are talking about waterproofs. you can get trousers that tends to soak less and dry more quickly. if you are female it will easier to get these sort of trousers but for men it is harder unless you can wear tracksuit bottoms.

are you male or female?

Short shorts, it's getting warmer now.

I have the "Craghoppers Men's Wetherby Trousers" which I would recommend (found you need to order them in a waist size up though, normally take a 34" and they where rather tight). M&S also do several as well under the "with Stormwear" in several materials and styles.

Amazon - Craghoppers Wetherby

Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 16th May

I totally know what you mean, I hate getting soaked cycling but find waterproofs you tend to get very hot and sweaty plus its a faff. My friend had a pair of peter storm bottoms, sort of like tracky bottoms/hiking trouser style peachy touch material with lining. I think they were waterproof and looked comofortable and not ugly too

look at softshell things. They're not thunderstorm waterproof but are great for moderate weather. You can treat them with nikwax as suggested.

Breathable and dry very quickly.
Check outdoors shops. Mine are cheapy regatta ones.

Trespass ski trousers
Scruffs expedition
Both available from eBay
Or just search waterproof work trousers

Nik wax do a waterproofing agent. You wash your item in. Dry and wear
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition74826
    2. Win free gin for a year99
    3. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines65