Water Softener

Found 13th Mar 2008
Just having some major building work done resulting in replacing most of the plumbing. As I live in a very hard water area, I want to install a water softener.

So far I have worked out that there are three main types
-clock driven (ie cycles at same time every day)
-metered (cycles when exhausted - or more accurately just before)
-twin tank (which cycles when exhausted but offers another tank so never without softened water)

I have also worked out that they increase in price as you go but then so do the facilites and efficiency.

What I am after are your thoughts and experience in terms of use/ownership including salt use etc. If any one can recommend a particular model or offers that would be brilliant.

many thanks guys

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
2 Comments

We use a water softener in work that is working on a continuous cycle. Dont know why it is called soft water but in response to your Q i can find the make/model of it and get back to you as its pretty efficient.

It was an outside company that came and fitted it but dont know their name sorry.

Might want a read of this maybe:

watersoft.freeserve.co.uk/

Original Poster

stevey_p7;1715840

We use a water softener in work that is working on a continuous cycle. … We use a water softener in work that is working on a continuous cycle. Dont know why it is called soft water but in response to your Q i can find the make/model of it and get back to you as its pretty efficient.It was an outside company that came and fitted it but dont know their name sorry.Might want a read of this maybe:http://www.watersoft.freeserve.co.uk/

Thanks for the link stevey_p7 - if you do find the details I would appreciate any help. I have found that any water softener is not a cheap option, but after years of limescale and the females in the household complaining of 'brittle' hair and dry skin I have to make a choice :-)
Post a comment
@
    Text