Water softener installation cost

Posted 13th Jun
I’ve been looking to install a Water softener in our as the water is extremely hard where we live and have no idea where to begin, any help in the right direction would be of great help. Thank you in advance
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
Harveys is deemed to be one of the main providers long standing etc. We have one and its brilliant but it was here when we moved in. There are salt blocks and salt crystals ours works from blocks and you place in two and that lasts about a month or so they are about 20 quid for 6. We are a 3 bedroom house with 3 living here and id suggest we are heavy water users with watering the garden, hot tub car washing etc. You are not meant to drink large quantities of the softened water so the main kitchen tap is still unsoftened as is our outside tap.
Edited by: "JamieBeveridge" 13th Jun
We had Harveys and it was around £2500 with water filter and tap, plus all fiitings and 9 pair of blocks (plus 3 pairs for person who referred me)

Same as above our drinking water is har water (water filter installed) outside tap is hard water
I looked into it for a long time and although there are cheap models you can pick up, also decided Harvey’s was one of the best for our needs - however Buying direct from Harvey’s was way too expensive. I then found out that due to a previous licensing deal the Crown machines are white label Harvey’s ones - on shopping around I got a great deal from here:

eastmidlandswater.com/water-softener-harveys-crown-non-electric-block-salt-softener-f15slt/2527

As mentioned above the machine takes two blocks of salt which also last us about 1-month. I buy about 3-packs of Harvey’s salt from a third party supplier (6-blocks) delivered for about £15 every 3-months.

You can drink the salt water, but it’s not recommended so you also need a separate small tap for non salted water for drinking and making tea etc. We bought an optional special mixer tap so the cold tap turns in both directions - one way for salted water and the other for unsalted direct off the mains.

The machines can be fitted inside or out, but if you fit it outside, also factor in a insulated cover to protect it from the elements. We had ours fitted under our worktop in a kitchen unit, takes up half the unit. It’s non electrical, so no running cost except for the salt, also fairly quiet when running.

They are expensive, but we live in a very hard water area and now our water is silky smooth and all our taps and showers etc have no build up of limescale, it also cleared up my daughters eczema.

Hope that helps!
Edited by: "Bluefusion" 13th Jun
Bluefusion13/06/2020 22:20

I looked into it for a long time and although there are cheap models you …I looked into it for a long time and although there are cheap models you can pick up, also decided Harvey’s was one of the best for our needs - however Buying direct from Harvey’s was way too expensive. I then found out that due to a previous licensing deal the Crown machines are white label Harvey’s ones - on shopping around I got a great deal from here:eastmidlandswater.com/water-softener-harveys-crown-non-electric-block-salt-softener-f15slt/2527As mentioned above the machine takes two blocks of salt which also last us about 1-month. I buy about 3-packs of Harvey’s salt from a third party supplier (6-blocks) delivered for about £15 every 3-months.They are expensive, but we live in a very hard water area and now our water is silky smooth and all our taps and showers etc have no build up of limescale, it also cleared up my daughters eczema.

That seem quite affordable by the looks of it, could kindly let me know which model did you go with and was there any installation changes or was it all included? Thank you
Wilzia13/06/2020 22:25

That seem quite affordable by the looks of it, could kindly let me know …That seem quite affordable by the looks of it, could kindly let me know which model did you go with and was there any installation changes or was it all included? Thank you

We bought the crown machine I linked to above, had it about 2-years now and purchased it in one of their promotions after watching it for a while - think we paid about £750 for the machine and then we got our own plumber to install.

41085666-q0iuu.jpg
Edited by: "Bluefusion" 13th Jun
Bluefusion13/06/2020 22:35

We bought the crown machine I linked to above, had it about 2-years now …We bought the crown machine I linked to above, had it about 2-years now and purchased it in one of their promotions after watching it for a while - think we paid about £750 for the machine and then we got our own plumber to install.[Image]

Thank you very much for your advice, I think I’ll go with this option.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants