Water / steam proof watch.

Posted 10th Nov
My gym steam room has no visible clock, making it difficult to track time if I'm in there on my lunch break from work.

Not after anything flash but anyone know of a cheap watch or timer that's steam resistant so I don't get fired?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

19 Comments
Any watch I'm sure. All watches are waterproof nowadays but I dont know if that matches with steam proof
deals6910/11/2019 10:56

All watches are waterproof nowadays...

I don't think that is true.
Just get a cheap basic G-Shock. That will have the timer and stopwatch functions you'll find handy in the gym, and they are tough watches so it's no problem if they get knocked by a dumbell or whatever and are very water and steam proof.

There are some non-G shock Casios that are very similar in terms of look and functionality that can be had for an inexpensive price, this would make a great gym watch at only £20.

38948695.jpg

argos.co.uk/product/9157789
Edited by: "Haircut_100" 10th Nov
deals6910/11/2019 10:56

Any watch I'm sure. All watches are waterproof nowadays but I dont know if …Any watch I'm sure. All watches are waterproof nowadays but I dont know if that matches with steam proof

Nope, definitely not all watches are waterproof.
ANCwear Bluetooth Smart Watches Fitness Trackers with Heart Monitor and Blood Pressure, Waterproof Activity Trackers with Sleep Monitor & SMS Call Notification, Pedometer Watch for Men Women Kids amazon.co.uk/dp/…42G
A simple Ziplock bag, place watch,phone,stopwatch etc inside it.
G shock gets my vote
cecilmcroberts10/11/2019 11:25

A simple Ziplock bag, place watch,phone,stopwatch etc inside it.

That's not so practical. It would make it hard to press the buttons on a watch for your timer or stopwatch functions, and you'd have to remember to pick out up and carry it around to each workout station. Far better to just wear a suitable sports watch on your wrist.
Take a shower clock/radio in or just use a cheap watch as others have suggested with countdown timer on it.

Alternatively as your work to put a clock in the gym....
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 10th Nov
cmdr_elito10/11/2019 12:05

...Alternatively as your work to put a clock in the gym....

Translation: Ask the gym to put a clock in the stream room.
G-shock is a good idea. I used to go diving wearing a baby-g watch with 200m water resistance for about £30. I'd guess 50m water resistance would be fine for steam rooms.
fanpages10/11/2019 12:27

Translation: Ask the gym to put a clock in the stream room.

Not to be confused with a steam room...
fanpages10/11/2019 14:41

...or a cock.

I think we were both guilty of that mate, but one of us proofread.
cmdr_elito10/11/2019 15:22

Why not....example here …Why not....example here https://www.saunashop.co.uk/product-range/details/039-sauna-bucket-039-clock/58/

It's a good idea unless they charge on an hourly basis.
Have you bought about a Mi Band 4 activity tracker? It's a decent fitness tracker anyway and waterproof, under £20 as well.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants