Water usage

Found 25th May
is 0.23 m3 average water usage a lot for a single person living in a flat
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
Depends on the period of time over which it's being consumed.
25 Comments
Depends on the period of time over which it's being consumed.
We've been here before
hotukdeals.com/dis…187
Your usage seems to have gone up again. My guess is it is your washing machine after the discussion we had last time, or there is a leak. It could be possible that the meters are linked to the wrong flats but it is unlikely. Have you any dripping taps or is your toilet flush valve leaking? All these things add up.
psychobitchfromhell14 m ago

We've been here …We've been here beforehttps://www.hotukdeals.com/discussions/water-bill-2831187Your usage seems to have gone up again. My guess is it is your washing machine after the discussion we had last time, or there is a leak. It could be possible that the meters are linked to the wrong flats but it is unlikely. Have you any dripping taps or is your toilet flush valve leaking? All these things add up.

My best mate moved into a brand new house about 10 years ago, and the gas elec and water meters were all wrong. No 1 had no 5 meters no7 had no2 meters etc. After living there 2.6 years it had not been sorted. All the road had not paid there utilities bills as weren’t in their names. My mate moved out very happy
bigwheels1 m ago

My best mate moved into a brand new house about 10 years ago, and the gas …My best mate moved into a brand new house about 10 years ago, and the gas elec and water meters were all wrong. No 1 had no 5 meters no7 had no2 meters etc. After living there 2.6 years it had not been sorted. All the road had not paid there utilities bills as weren’t in their names. My mate moved out very happy

I'll bet!
Our household is not metered 3 beds 2 people. The water charge is about £9.00 a week. Due to a long term medical condition we need to use a large amount of water, but because of the disability we are eligible to a 50% discount via water sure scheme.
psychobitchfromhell39 m ago

We've been here …We've been here beforehttps://www.hotukdeals.com/discussions/water-bill-2831187Your usage seems to have gone up again. My guess is it is your washing machine after the discussion we had last time, or there is a leak. It could be possible that the meters are linked to the wrong flats but it is unlikely. Have you any dripping taps or is your toilet flush valve leaking? All these things add up.

How on earth is the OP being charged 25 pounds a month !
mine is 70 for six months

The standing charge is by far the largest part of my bill followed by the 'wastewater'
the water coming out of the tap less than a tenner I think

edit found the bill for last summer 61 half of which is the wastewater standing charge the water used was 11
Edited by: "Wongy110" 25th May
Wongy11017 m ago

How on earth is the OP being charged 25 pounds a month !mine is 70 for six …How on earth is the OP being charged 25 pounds a month !mine is 70 for six months The standing charge is by far the largest part of my bill followed by the 'wastewater' the water coming out of the tap less than a tenner I thinkedit found the bill for last summer 61 half of which is the wastewater standing charge the water used was 11

my gas and electric isnt that high, as long as I don't put central heating on 😁. fresh water is biggest at 44 with 10 pounds standing charge, waste 28 with 4.92 standing charge and surface water charge 12 pounds.

wish i had a shower as that might save a bit but costly to install it.

even if i had a bath every day , it says i using 398 pints on average 😁.

the water meter matches bill reading
Wongy11022 m ago

How on earth is the OP being charged 25 pounds a month !mine is 70 for six …How on earth is the OP being charged 25 pounds a month !mine is 70 for six months The standing charge is by far the largest part of my bill followed by the 'wastewater' the water coming out of the tap less than a tenner I thinkedit found the bill for last summer 61 half of which is the wastewater standing charge the water used was 11

I'm £26 for two adults in a four bed three bath house. That will be twice as many showers and twice as much washing. I tried to explain the difference between the rinse and the spin function on the washing machine last time but I fear it fell on deaf ears. From what I could gather, if it doesn't come out dry, op puts it on another rinse. Which part of the washing cycle uses water.....
Edited by: "psychobitchfromhell" 25th May
psychobitchfromhell4 m ago

I'm £26 for two adults in a four bed three bath house. That will be twice …I'm £26 for two adults in a four bed three bath house. That will be twice as many showers and twice as much washing. I tried to explain the difference between the rinse and the spin function on the washing machine last time but I fear it fell on deaf ears. From what I could gather, if it doesn't come out dry, op puts it on another rinse. Which part of the washing cycle uses water.....

the washing machine is sorted, i was pressing extra rinse button on it but now don't press it , the clothes come out very dry now , but it didn't still make a dint on bill, Evey Time i get it, which i guess is quarterly it always says owe 30 something quid
bigwheels37 m ago

Our household is not metered 3 beds 2 people. The water charge is about …Our household is not metered 3 beds 2 people. The water charge is about £9.00 a week. Due to a long term medical condition we need to use a large amount of water, but because of the disability we are eligible to a 50% discount via water sure scheme.

last time it went to this price there said there Will lower to 21 pounds but don't see how there can lower it,if on meter and now back to 25, wouldn't mind but we not exactly short on water 😁😁
Pricklerickle12 m ago

the washing machine is sorted, i was pressing extra rinse button on it but …the washing machine is sorted, i was pressing extra rinse button on it but now don't press it , the clothes come out very dry now , but it didn't still make a dint on bill, Evey Time i get it, which i guess is quarterly it always says owe 30 something quid

Ok. That's good. Extra rinse was certainly adding to your water bill. I know a shower is expensive to install but it uses an awful lot less water than a bath. If you are a tenant, maybe you could get the landlord to put one in or you could switch to a shower/mixer tap or even get a simple rubber hose connector for a fiver.
Your local water company will have a number of water saving freebies on offer, they all do. If not, stick a brick in your toilet cistern. That will save you two litres a flush.
If the wash cycle you are using for the washing machine is longer than an hour's, that will consume a lot of water
If you wash your dishes under a running tap rather than filling a bowl, that will consume extra water
If you don't turn the tap off when you brush your teeth, that uses water.
Fill the bath half full not to the brim. That's a fair few litres saved
psychobitchfromhell7 m ago

Ok. That's good. Extra rinse was certainly adding to your water bill. I …Ok. That's good. Extra rinse was certainly adding to your water bill. I know a shower is expensive to install but it uses an awful lot less water than a bath. If you are a tenant, maybe you could get the landlord to put one in or you could switch to a shower/mixer tap or even get a simple rubber hose connector for a fiver. Your local water company will have a number of water saving freebies on offer, they all do. If not, stick a brick in your toilet cistern. That will save you two litres a flush. If the wash cycle you are using for the washing machine is longer than an hour's, that will consume a lot of waterIf you wash your dishes under a running tap rather than filling a bowl, that will consume extra waterIf you don't turn the tap off when you brush your teeth, that uses water.Fill the bath half full not to the brim. That's a fair few litres saved

the brick i keep forgetting about , must try it, just gotta find a brick 😁,

i asked the council,as i also wanted a plug socket in outhouse, there said there don't put showers or plug socket in , and if so there did, there's charge you, .

i once had that fiver mixer tap but two years back i had a small leak under bath which caused a lot of damp and the plumber said it was the plug in shower, pushing the taps back, just need a basic shower when you just need a five minute rinse.
Pricklerickle12 m ago

the brick i keep forgetting about , must try it, just gotta find a brick …the brick i keep forgetting about , must try it, just gotta find a brick 😁,i asked the council,as i also wanted a plug socket in outhouse, there said there don't put showers or plug socket in , and if so there did, there's charge you, . i once had that fiver mixer tap but two years back i had a small leak under bath which caused a lot of damp and the plumber said it was the plug in shower, pushing the taps back, just need a basic shower when you just need a five minute rinse.

Google water hippo. They are usually free.
Make sure you only do a load of washing when you have a full load.
Where do you work? A lot of workplaces have showers. Use their water.
psychobitchfromhell38 m ago

I'm £26 for two adults in a four bed three bath house. That will be twice …I'm £26 for two adults in a four bed three bath house. That will be twice as many showers and twice as much washing. I tried to explain the difference between the rinse and the spin function on the washing machine last time but I fear it fell on deaf ears. From what I could gather, if it doesn't come out dry, op puts it on another rinse. Which part of the washing cycle uses water.....

Have to say I use the rinse setting sometimes but that is because the hot water wash doesn't always work on my machine

As to water saving devices well the brick in the cistern may seem like a good idea but if you ahem have to flush twice
then you are not saving any water
and the replacing the shower head with something more efficient ? well what if it breaks the shower
hardly saved any money there ?
Pricklerickle45 m ago

my gas and electric isnt that high, as long as I don't put central heating …my gas and electric isnt that high, as long as I don't put central heating on 😁. fresh water is biggest at 44 with 10 pounds standing charge, waste 28 with 4.92 standing charge and surface water charge 12 pounds.wish i had a shower as that might save a bit but costly to install it. even if i had a bath every day , it says i using 398 pints on average 😁.the water meter matches bill reading

It must vary hugely almost the water companies then ?
scrap em I say.
Wongy1109 m ago

Have to say I use the rinse setting sometimes but that is because the hot …Have to say I use the rinse setting sometimes but that is because the hot water wash doesn't always work on my machineAs to water saving devices well the brick in the cistern may seem like a good idea but if you ahem have to flush twicethen you are not saving any waterand the replacing the shower head with something more efficient ? well what if it breaks the showerhardly saved any money there ?

I'll address each of your issues individually.
1. Get your washing machine fixed or deal with it. As you clearly only use an egg cup of water a day is this really a problem?
2. If its mellow, let it mellow If its brown, flush it down. Alternatively, urine is a good compost accelerator, so why would you need to flush more than once a day?
3. Embrace nudity and run around the garden naked with a bar of soap when it rains.
psychobitchfromhell8 m ago

I'll address each of your issues individually. 1. Get your washing machine …I'll address each of your issues individually. 1. Get your washing machine fixed or deal with it. As you clearly only use an egg cup of water a day is this really a problem? 2. If its mellow, let it mellow If its brown, flush it down. Alternatively, urine is a good compost accelerator, so why would you need to flush more than once a day? 3. Embrace nudity and run around the garden naked with a bar of soap when it rains.

Had it donkeys years probably needs replacing
doesn't always do it and only just figured out you need to add a fair bit of vinegar to descale it
Wongy1109 m ago

Had it donkeys years probably needs replacing doesn't always do it … Had it donkeys years probably needs replacing doesn't always do it and only just figured out you need to add a fair bit of vinegar to descale it

I get five years out of a machine. I reckon that is a quid a week over the lifespan and I'll do 3-4 washes a week. 25p a wash is depreciation i can deal with
psychobitchfromhell8 m ago

I get five years out of a machine. I reckon that is a quid a week over the …I get five years out of a machine. I reckon that is a quid a week over the lifespan and I'll do 3-4 washes a week. 25p a wash is depreciation i can deal with

Have to say I average about one wash a day the machine is nearly ten years old
only cost about 120
Wongy1105 h, 56 m ago

We pay £180 on average for 6 months. 1 bed house. Been without a washing machine since about November!
We are in Essex. The water is also not good to drink as it's very hard...
Edited by: "hearts22" 26th May
I'm paying £15 a month in Wales ( 3 bed house but only one parent and child is living there )
Edited by: "napior" 26th May
5 people, detached house, annual (non-metered) water bill is £795..... STWA is not cheap
I pay £7 a week water rates.

Im not metered. Goes off the rateable value of the property.
I live in a two bedroomed apartment (two adults) & according to my bill we use over 400 litres a day!!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions