Waterbutt Set?

Posted 23rd Apr
Community Updates
Ask
10 Comments
What water board are you with? They often provide 200ltr sets for a very good price.
100 litres isn't particularly big. Mine is 210 litres and its been empty for a couple of weeks. The point is, you dont need them when it rains (and gets filled) frequently, only when it's dry, so get the biggest the space allows.
PS. The one shown has been fitted wrong. Don't put the connector higher than the inlet.
Ok, thought this said waterbutt sex!! This lockdown is wrecking my head
I’d concur with what others have said. If you can, get a larger one. Due to space constraints, I’d had to go for a 100l slimline one and it fills up and empties quickly. I’m contemplating working out how to join another
mogsog23/04/2020 14:36

What water board are you with? They often provide 200ltr sets for a very …What water board are you with? They often provide 200ltr sets for a very good price.

Yorkshire water, no offers on with them unfortunately
mogsog23/04/2020 14:36

What water board are you with? They often provide 200ltr sets for a very …What water board are you with? They often provide 200ltr sets for a very good price.

AngelBomber23/04/2020 19:33

I’d concur with what others have said. If you can, get a larger one. Due t …I’d concur with what others have said. If you can, get a larger one. Due to space constraints, I’d had to go for a 100l slimline one and it fills up and empties quickly. I’m contemplating working out how to join another

Hmmm, I’ve already ordered it so will see how sizing is. I do have room but not enormous amount of space...
AngelBomber23/04/2020 19:33

I’d concur with what others have said. If you can, get a larger one. Due t …I’d concur with what others have said. If you can, get a larger one. Due to space constraints, I’d had to go for a 100l slimline one and it fills up and empties quickly. I’m contemplating working out how to join another

Joining two together is really easy; you might need a kit such as this - wickes.co.uk/Wic…489 - although all you really need is one end connector bit because the second water butt will come with the pipe and one end connector already. You just make an "out" hole in the side of the first opposite the "in" hole. when this one fills up the water will start filling the second.
Thanks for that, I’ll give it a go.
We have two on different levels on brick base but one is one step up on the patio. Drilled a hole in each one, obviously slightly higher up in the first butt and fitted a length of copper piping, bit of sealant and once the first one is full it flows into the second.

Looking at the Wickes link a short length of pond pump hosing would do with fixings, but possibly not easy to get as garden centres are closed currently.
Edited by: "JimboParrot" 24th Apr
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions