Watercolour Painting

Posted 4th Oct
Any watercolour artists out there? My husband decided to try painting on a recent cruise and really enjoyed it. Problem now is - which products are good quality? It was suggested, for instance, that he might buy some watercolour pencils, but not to buy cheap quality. I would like to set him up with all the bits and pieces needed, but where do I start? Since the lessons were on a cruise he is unable to consult his teacher so I'm hoping someone on here can point me in the right direction.
Thanks for any help and advice offered
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

4 Comments
Good quality and easy to find:

Windsor and Newton
Daler Rowney
Faber Castell
Caran d'ache

They all do different grades, at a range of prices - but you're unlikely to go far wrong with these brands.
Some TKmaxx branches sell W&N etc I've picked up the odd set of oils at a good price - also paper. Although Knaresborough isn't going to be much use to you if your username reflects your location.

Better quality tends to mean stronger colours/ better pigment. Buy decent quality brushes and good paper. We bought an excellent set of japanese watercolours by kuretake through amazon not so long ago.

jacksonsart.com/col…ils
greatart.co.uk/wat…ur/
Edited by: "mas99" 4th Oct
you tube is your friend on this,
mas9904/10/2019 21:42

Good quality and easy to find:Windsor and NewtonDaler RowneyFaber …Good quality and easy to find:Windsor and NewtonDaler RowneyFaber CastellCaran d'acheThey all do different grades, at a range of prices - but you're unlikely to go far wrong with these brands. Some TKmaxx branches sell W&N etc I've picked up the odd set of oils at a good price - also paper. Although Knaresborough isn't going to be much use to you if your username reflects your location.Better quality tends to mean stronger colours/ better pigment. Buy decent quality brushes and good paper. We bought an excellent set of japanese watercolours by kuretake through amazon not so long ago.https://www.jacksonsart.com/colour/watercolour/watercolour-pencilshttps://www.greatart.co.uk/watercolour/

Thank you for so much useful information.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants