Watering Advice / Help

10 replies
Found 2nd Jul 2010
I have an allotment that has a mains fed water trough on site.

Problem is my plot is a good distance from the trough.

Is there any device out there, hand pump etc that i can attach a hose to, to make watering easier.

There is no electrics on the site


  1. Misc
  1. Misc

you can get pump attachments for electric drills - so if you have a battery drill you could try that....

You can get pumps that attach to a drill so could possibly use a cordless drill?

If your allotment patch was below the water level you could syphon it.

How about a 12v bilge pump and run it off a car/leisure battery force4.co.uk/493…933 1300 gallon per hour £30

or if part of your allotment is on lower ground - put a container there and syphon the water from the trough.....

Do you have a shed at your allotment if so get a water butt, and attach some guttering to you shed & a downspout into your water butt. Then you can use the water in that has collected. May take some while to fill in this weather, but at other times should be fine. Think you can also get some sort of pump/hose to attach to it.



go to the job centre and say you'll take on someone doing Community Task … go to the job centre and say you'll take on someone doing Community Task Force, might cost you a bit but saves you carrying a bucket all day

lol, it wont cost him a penny as they only get there jsa nothing extra !
Post a comment
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769251
    2. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4711605
    3. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48710974
    4. Heads up - Nintendo Switch Neon Console and Get Lego City Undercover and Ra…11

    See more discussions