Waterproof camera for less than £50?

Hello,

I don't own a camera, and usually take pictures on my iphone 6S (which I'm quite happy with), but I'd like to get a cheap waterproof camera to take on my holiday as we'll be visiting waterfalls and going white water rafting. The camera isn't so much about taking pictures under water, but rather about it being okay if it gets wet. I really don't want to spend much more than £50 as I'm on a tight budget at the moment.

I know there are a lot of Go Pro clones out there, but I'm not sure if they are any good? What's a reasonable camera for less than £50. Would the picture quality be similar to my phone?

Thank you,

5 Comments

Get a waterproof case or Fuji xp camera

DBPOWER EX5000 2.0inch WIFI 14MP 1080P FHD Waterproof Sports Action Camera with 2 Improved Batteries and FREE Accessories(White) amazon.co.uk/dp/…FSF

I bought this one the other day ready for when I go to florida at the end of the month, I've had a play around with it and so far so good. it's decent enough quality and it's a 170 degree wide angle lense. It comes with a waterproof case and loads of accessories and clips and it fits most gopro accessories too.

Another bonus is that it can be control via an app over WiFi and the photos and videos can be downloaded straight to the phone.

If you look on wowcher there's a HD waterproof sports camera that was £83 now £15.99. I'll try and put the link on. It does say ending soon...last chance, so idorder sooner if it's any good for you.

pink_elephant

If you look on wowcher there's a HD waterproof sports camera that was £83 … If you look on wowcher there's a HD waterproof sports camera that was £83 now £15.99. I'll try and put the link on. It does say ending soon...last chance, so idorder sooner if it's any good for you.

Try this link, not sure if I've done it properly as I'm not great at technical things lol failing that, if you go on to Wowcher and type in 'Waterproof camera' in the search box, it will come up. Hope this helps!!

wowcher.co.uk/nat…rue

get an SJCAM SJ4000 wifi camera for £50 off aliexpress. You can use all the go pro mounts, 30 meters underwater. Really good quality recording 1080p @ 30 fps and 720p @ 60 fps. You can take pictures, videos, timed pics and time lapse and you can get the SJCAM phone app to operate it and see all the pictures (not that you need the app to operate it, it's just easier). Easily the best action camera for less than £50 and I have been using it for more than a year. You can easily charge with micro usb or actually take the battery out and charge it. battery lasts for ages. Easy to use quality camera for under £50
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Laser eye surgery22
    2. Looking for a Combination Microwave preferably a flatbed22
    3. Which Smart Watch for Running?37
    4. Best student laptop max budget £300?22

See more discussions