waterproof insulated jacket/coat

10 replies
Found 1st Mar
Just looking for some advice, I have been looking around for sometime now for a waterproof and insulated jacket. Doesn't need to survive full on torrential weather but I'd rather spend the extra on something that will last in the price range of £100-£200. I been looking at a variety of brands from Patagonia to haglof but find it hard to find the difference and cut through the spiel.

Any deals or advice would be great, thanks

10 Comments

Depends on what style you want I guess. I have about 5 jackets/coats for different ventures. ie mountain climbing or every day winter.
For everyday winter I have The North Face McMurdo , its totally waterproof and feels like you are wearing a duvet. If you are lucky you might find one for around £200.

Register with Sportspursuit. Huge range, of snow, trekking, sports clothing. Ranges from basic to the very expensive but normally at decent discounts.

andrew what size , very have the mcmurdo for £175 half price

Original Poster

Medium or large depending on brand, usually order both for something of this price to ensure a good fit. Is north face good value though? Thought they had moved away from providing high quality products in favour of mass production and fashion

andrewt

Medium or large depending on brand, usually order both for something of … Medium or large depending on brand, usually order both for something of this price to ensure a good fit. Is north face good value though? Thought they had moved away from providing high quality products in favour of mass production and fashion

It is true that TNF quality has declined , however I am very pleased with the McMurdo, It still feels like quality.On the other hand I had a pair of TNF Hedgehog shoes for 5 years and bought replacements but returned them in 6 months as they fell apart.
I am a 42" chest 16 stone and tried L,M TNF McMurdo but finally and unbelievably settled for small.

i got a sprayway gortex jacket keeps u dry and less than 100 quid

Original Poster

That sports pursuit site seems good, almost too much selection! Prefer those kinda style than the north face one discussed. Plenty of Arc’teryx coats available, they any good?

andrewt

That sports pursuit site seems good, almost too much selection! Prefer … That sports pursuit site seems good, almost too much selection! Prefer those kinda style than the north face one discussed. Plenty of Arc’teryx coats available, they any good?

Canadian company so I reckon they probably know what they are doing when it comes to the cold and wet!!

andrewt

That sports pursuit site seems good, almost too much selection! Prefer … That sports pursuit site seems good, almost too much selection! Prefer those kinda style than the north face one discussed. Plenty of Arc’teryx coats available, they any good?

You'll see quite a few Goretex under that brand and tbh Goretex is the way to go for waterproofs. Good prices for proper Goretex. even a packable goretex for about £119.

Original Poster

Seems plenty goretex for £130 but hardly any much more with insulated. Massive jump to like 300 with insulation.

Better off with something like; ellis-brigham.com/pro…wcB has some water reppellent?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52522900
    2. spam regarding paypal22
    3. Which wall design do you like best?78
    4. #KoemanIn, Thank You Koeman for trying to get Everton relegated!1322

See more discussions