Waterproof watch suggestions?

Found 1st May
Started a new job and what I didn’t realise is how mucky and germy (and smelly from the smell of the place) the watch would get (care home cleaning).

I read online that my current watch isn’t waterproof (Casio F-91W) so I don’t want to try washing it and therefore want to find one that I can wash.

Does anybody have any suggestions? If not, I’ll just put my watch around my water bottle or something so that I’ll still have it with me.
Community Updates
AskAccessoriesWatch
12 Comments
G Shock..... there's generally 1 a day posted on here....find one that you like the look of and suits your budget
Edited by: "discozohan" 1st May
Yep g shock, mine was about 30 quid in the argos sale about 3 years ago, i usually just get in the shower with it on and wash it as i wash myself and its been great
How about a Fob watch..... can't be bad £1.22 delivered from Amazon
deleted8996
G-Shock. Mines over 10 years old, seen tours of Iraq, Afghan and had countless bashings. Still going strong now.
steve.t51 m ago

How about a Fob watch..... can't be bad £1.22 delivered from Amazon

Hmm never thought about those! Still will smell of the place though so will still have to wash it.
I'd err on the side of caution if you're going to be washing it regularly. The normal 5 bar/'50m' is OK for sploshing around in water (they're usually recommended for normal swimming) but soap isn't very friendly to seals.

You probably either want to go fairly cheap and accept you'll have to write it off every couple of years or go for something where replacement parts are available and have the seals changed every few years.
deleted8996
Scientists claim cockroaches and G-Shock watches are the only things that would survive a nuclear apocalypse.
If you can get a solar casio then you never need a battery. Mine is 10 years old and still going. Had to replace strap but scuba dived. Swim regularly. Ware at work in building trade. Just don't put in draw for 6 month as if the battery goes flat its dead
Edited by: "wayners" 1st May
wayners56 m ago

If you can get a solar casio then you never need a battery.

The batteries do wear out, I wouldn't expect it to last another decade.
EndlessWaves14 m ago

The batteries do wear out, I wouldn't expect it to last another decade.

No. I got no idea what the life expectancy is. Mine also is wave captor so sets itself (time) Times always spot on. The light to see the time is bright enough that I can see at night for toilet. I'm going to be upset the day it dies however. Got good value out if it
Edited by: "wayners" 1st May
33728500-tfl3c.jpgWell beat up.
I had a casio solar myself and it eventually needed a battery change, batteries don't keep the ability to hold charge forever.

There's no reason the watch itself can't last a lot longer though.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants