Groups

Waterworld or alton towers water park???

Hi all

It's my daughters 11th birthday in February half term and struggling for something to do for a day, looking at waterworld or alton towers water park and just wondering what peoples advice/opinions are as to which is better

Any other suggestions for things to do around the Midlands would also be appreciated

thanks in advance

10 Comments

The Ski centre in Festival Park Stoke on Trent does birthday parties. Some of the leisure centres do a roller disco party and what about go-karting? Just a few ideas. Flip out in Stone (trampolining) do parties too. If she is sporty, the leisure centres also do badminton/table tennis parties etc (most sports may be catered for). There is an "escape" in Newcastle under Lyme which may be good, or lazer quest/bowling etc.
    The other option is a make-over for her and her friends with a photo shoot.
    Edited by: "shywallflower" 9th Jan

Have you asked her if there is something she wants to do or go somewhere special.

Would not recommend waterworks at stock and trent. It's awful!!! Would she not prefer a kids party with her friends?

Just re-read your post and not sure if it's a party you want or just a family day out. If it's the latter, my preference would be Alton Towers waterpark. Sometimes at this time of year you might be able to combine it with an overnight stay for a reasonable rate. Cinema/bowling/ice skating etc.

I dont think Alton Towers do parties-but obviously do the day out. Its not that big either, and the slides arnt that special. Food/drink and getting in very expensive, and i think theyd be bored after 3 hours or so. We only use it as part of a 2 day trip with hotel and theme park.

Original Poster

thanks all for the replies, just after a day out with a friend of hers not a party. I've asked her but get the usual 'i dunno' I'll have a look into other things hopefully something better than either of the waterparks out there...thanks again

forestmadman

thanks all for the replies, just after a day out with a friend of hers … thanks all for the replies, just after a day out with a friend of hers not a party. I've asked her but get the usual 'i dunno' I'll have a look into other things hopefully something better than either of the waterparks out there...thanks again

Is she into animals etc but depends on where you live

Love the water park in Alton towers. Never had a bad time there!

Alton towers is a much nicer experience....

Rich069

I dont think Alton Towers do parties-but obviously do the day out. Its … I dont think Alton Towers do parties-but obviously do the day out. Its not that big either, and the slides arnt that special. Food/drink and getting in very expensive, and i think theyd be bored after 3 hours or so. We only use it as part of a 2 day trip with hotel and theme park.

Totally agree with this. It's a lot of money, but not enough there to keep you captivated.

You could do far more with that money elsewhere!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Jaffa quake as McVitie's cuts pack sizes - BBC News77
      2. Cheer me up please?1223
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767523
      4. It is a Yorkshire pudding wrap.1631

See more discussions