Expired

Waxing nose hair (guy)(srs thread)

Found 10th Jun
Respect srs tag please.

I normally use a phillips nose trimmer but would like to try waxing as I hear it removes everything. There is a kit available for £9 on amazon but it appears to few uses only.

What do i need for a long lasting setup, i haven’t a clue about waxing.
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
Well firstly, the pain will be eye watering
Your nose hairs with snot act like a filter, cleaning particles from the air you breathe preventing them entering the lungs where they can make you ill and worse case cause cancer. Trimming them enables them to continue to do this, but waxing them destroys their ability to protect you.
mutley136 m ago

I just Google waxing nose hair and it states that it is not …I just Google waxing nose hair and it states that it is not safehttps://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/metro.co.uk/2017/04/07/its-not-a-great-idea-to-wax-your-nose-hair-6559977/amp/

Wow...

You used Google.

...so you do know how to use it.
21 Comments
Why not just get the tweezers out and pluck them?

They take a while to grow back then.

That’s what I do!
Edited by: "karlypants" 10th Jun
I wouldn't wax them. Trim yes but not totally remove. your nasal hair has its uses. Every time I pull a hair out I get a sore nose for a few days, redness and painful and that's just one or two as I hate long nasal hair. uk.businessinsider.com/why…6-7
Have you thought about using facial hair remover such as Boots, works in 5 minutes
I waxed. Used microwave to warm up. Shone up and hold still. Wait 60 seconds and pull. Works great but kit can only be used a few times. Needs to be done every 2 months I guess. Not sure its the best thing for health as they do a job so trim as that's what I do now. However. You can really notice the air flow freely if you wax
Edited by: "wayners" 10th Jun
wayners1 h, 21 m ago

I waxed. Used microwave to warm up. Shone up and hold still. Wait 60 …I waxed. Used microwave to warm up. Shone up and hold still. Wait 60 seconds and pull. Works great but kit can only be used a few times. Needs to be done every 2 months I guess. Not sure its the best thing for health as they do a job so trim as that's what I do now. However. You can really notice the air flow freely if you wax

yea thats why i want to try lol. Would be nice to try it once. What kit is it, the £9 one on amazon?
Kudos points for bravery!

Can't think why.... this tag line springs to mind...

"In space no-one can hear you scream".
FUAARRKK5 m ago

yea thats why i want to try lol. Would be nice to try it once. What kit is …yea thats why i want to try lol. Would be nice to try it once. What kit is it, the £9 one on amazon?

Nads.
Your nose hairs with snot act like a filter, cleaning particles from the air you breathe preventing them entering the lungs where they can make you ill and worse case cause cancer. Trimming them enables them to continue to do this, but waxing them destroys their ability to protect you.
Toptrumpet3 h, 40 m ago

Surprisingly it isn’t. Tweezing individual hairs is excruciating, but a quick wax- it’s fine. I promise
caverncity3 h, 15 m ago

I wouldn't wax them. Trim yes but not totally remove. your nasal hair has …I wouldn't wax them. Trim yes but not totally remove. your nasal hair has its uses. Every time I pull a hair out I get a sore nose for a few days, redness and painful and that's just one or two as I hate long nasal hair. http://uk.businessinsider.com/why-you-shouldnt-pluck-your-nose-hairs-2016-7

See, I think it all depends. I know for a fact that if, for example, a person was to work on a building site temporarily, they would grow extra nose hair. Serves a purpose. They may then leave the site and get an office job. It’d be totally fine to wax then. Also, I think men grow extra nasal and ear hair that serves no purpose whatsoever( the extra) and has grown purely because of age.
I once tried waxing my legs. Ended up with two purple bruises down each shin. Never again. The idea of waxing nose hairs sounds dreadful.
Get it done professionally the first time before spending money on a kit. That way you will know how much it will hurt you, or maybe not. Think turkish barbers do them.
I just Google waxing nose hair and it states that it is not safe

google.co.uk/amp…mp/
Some gorilla tape around a cotton bud would give the same effect and save £££.
mutley136 m ago

I just Google waxing nose hair and it states that it is not …I just Google waxing nose hair and it states that it is not safehttps://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/metro.co.uk/2017/04/07/its-not-a-great-idea-to-wax-your-nose-hair-6559977/amp/

Wow...

You used Google.

...so you do know how to use it.
RossD898 m ago

Wow...You used Google....so you do know how to use it.

Of course. Google is good for factual answers, but sometimes factual answers aren't always enough and other people's opinions and views, their personal experience and advice are very useful. This is why this ask section is better than Google.

I value other people's opinions, views and advice as it then gives a much more comprehensive way of gathering information and making decisions.
mutley11 h, 5 m ago

Of course. Google is good for factual answers, but sometimes factual …Of course. Google is good for factual answers, but sometimes factual answers aren't always enough and other people's opinions and views, their personal experience and advice are very useful. This is why this ask section is better than Google.I value other people's opinions, views and advice as it then gives a much more comprehensive way of gathering information and making decisions.

Yea, okay then.
waxing your nose doesn't hurt one bit ,go to your local turkish barber ,also they will get rid of your ear hair with fire ..
Edited by: "presto55" 11th Jun
The "triangle of death" — the triangle between your nose and mouth

Is it advisable to wax your nostrils?

If you go in there and pull that hair out, you get a little blood lost in there. Blood allows the bacteria in your nose to grow in there. Since veins in the facial area lack protective valves, the bacteria could theoretically enter your bloodstream and lead to infections elsewhere in the body. In fact it's actually advised not to ever pluck your nose hair, the same could be said about waxing as well as you are pulling the hairs out in effect.

The Turkish flame technique as mentioned above is probably more hygienic. My barber occasionally does my ears using this technique. The smell of burning hairs does smell a bit though, though you only noticed this for a few seconds after having it done.
Edited by: "LemonHead" 11th Jun
juggler115 h, 0 m ago

See, I think it all depends. I know for a fact that if, for example, a …See, I think it all depends. I know for a fact that if, for example, a person was to work on a building site temporarily, they would grow extra nose hair. Serves a purpose. They may then leave the site and get an office job. It’d be totally fine to wax then. Also, I think men grow extra nasal and ear hair that serves no purpose whatsoever( the extra) and has grown purely because of age.

Someone working on a work site would and should wear safety mask if required, depending on the work they are doing of course, more advanced than the type you might wear when doing DIY at home.

From what I have just read hair in the nose is one of the body's first lines of defense against harmful environmental pathogens such as germs, fungus, and spores.

Another purpose for nose hair is to provide additional humidity to the inhaled air. As the air passes through the nasal passages, the mucus and hair provide heat and moisture. Humidity is an important factor for the rest of the respiratory system, such as the larynx and lungs.

The results of a 2010 study also indicated that increased nasal hair density also decreases development of asthma in those who have seasonal rhinitis, possibly due to an increased capacity of the faces to filter out pollen and other allergens.

There are other reasons why we have nose hais too. Just Google it if you're interested.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions